whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very unfortunate situation for you. That's the drawback of working for cash. I will not even think about doing a job until I have a signed contract in hand. It keeps everyone on the same page but it also keeps others from coming in behind me and underbidding me after I have the contract in hand.

I agree with Treeslayer.....make it up at the bar.
I hear ya. My contracts have a back page full of fine print. One stipulation is if you cancel after signing, you owe me %10 no matter what. Fight me, I'll sue you. Had crazy people say their going to call someone else cuz I cant get there when they want, after calling daily to schedule just to have them say no that day this day wont work. She wanted to cancel said ok grab your signed contract, you owe me X amount. These people have been way good to me so its kinda hard. It'll work out , just didnt want to pull my usual psycho freakout on em.
I would say you should slow your roll there buddy. Ain't to many people gonna be interested in paying you 600 bucks for an hour and half's worth of work. That sounds a little fishy, no wonder you feel bad about it.

No offense Dan-o, but are you buying my stumper teeth? do you live in the richest gravel/rock deposit on the planet? I charge by the inch homes, sometimes I win, sometime the bear eats me. It was mostly stump work. P.S., You wanna swing by sometime and change teeth for me? Its a helluva lotta fun. I dont have a prob makin $. Is that not Y Im in biz? To make $? There are guys out here (privatly owned) that charge more than me, there moving, Y shouldnt I get a taste? I dont wanna give it away. Did it in the past cuz I love what I do too much, got me no where and nothing but repair bills to show for it. I'd love to tell you 1100 for a xxxx tree, but you know what? If the next guy can get $4K for the same tree, WHY SHOULDNT I?????!!! If there wasnt a logistcale prob, Slayer would get $40 a year selling for me, and Im so nice, I'd even let him do side work.

Last edited:
I hear ya. My contracts have a back page full of fine print. One stipulation is if you cancel after signing, you owe me %10 no matter what. Fight me, I'll sue you. Had crazy people say their going to call someone else cuz I cant get there when they want, after calling daily to schedule just to have them say no that day this day wont work. She wanted to cancel said ok grab your signed contract, you owe me X amount. These people have been way good to me so its kinda hard. It'll work out , just didnt want to pull my usual psycho freakout on em.

No offense Dan-o, but are you buying my stumper teeth? do you live in the richest gravel/rock deposit on the planet? I charge by the inch homes, sometimes I win, sometime the bear eats me. It was mostly stump work. P.S., You wanna swing by sometime and change teeth for me? Its a helluva lotta fun. I dont have a prob makin $. Is that not Y Im in biz?

Well you did say it was cake walk for and hour and half with two guys. You didn't mention anything about what the job entailed.

Well you did say it was cake walk for and hour and half with two guys. You didn't mention anything about what the job entailed.

Point taken, my mistake. I dont F around with stumps. But , LIke I said, I LIVE IN ROCK WORLD!!!! Ive done $100 stumps, and bought $80-100 worth of teeth before, and changed em'. I roll with a pick and that other tool every time. Dont go flyin thru em like a tard who aint buyin' the teeth either. I listen, crap myself when I hear that steel sound. Thats when you know you just bought $300 in teeth and pockets and bolts, when you hit steel. F'in concrete guys layin extra rebar next to baby boxelders that grow up up and away. I hate my life. I think Ive had enuff. Is Wally world hiring?

And well you might not have a problem making money but it sounds like you have a problem counting it. Rude to count money?

IT"LL WORK OUT!!!! I LIKE TO TRUST PEOPLE NOW AND THEN!!!! IS IT WRONG OF ME TO ATTEMPT TO PUT FAITH IN THIS ANIMAL HERE AND THERE????!!!!??? In 13 years of doing this its never happened. I FOULED UP YES YES YES!!!!. We are intrinisicaly flawed.

Point taken, my mistake. I dont F around with stumps. But , LIke I said, I LIVE IN ROCK WORLD!!!! Ive done $100 stumps, and bought $80-100 worth of teeth before, and changed em'. I roll with a pick and that other tool every time. Dont go flyin thru em like a tard who aint buyin' the teeth either. I listen, crap myself when I hear that steel sound. Thats when you know you just bought $300 in teeth and pockets and bolts, when you hit steel. F'in concrete guys layin extra rebar next to baby boxelders that grow up up and away. I hate my life. I think Ive had enuff. Is Wally world hiring?

Yeah, using a pick axe for stump work ain't exactly a cake walk. I rent grinders because after its all beat up and wore down I just take it back. Stumpin is a #####, them machines need a lot of repairs and maintenence, more than a chipper and they cost about the same.

I failed to mention..............ah forget it .... I did. I grew up hearin the old douche #####in, you know what he said about Sgrinders? Worst invention ever, all they do is beat themselves, vibrations and what not, but what you gonna do>? Any oldtimers on this site at all? remember the old "stilt' Vermeers? Cables and pulleys. Always wanted to run one. It was kinda good desin as far as the action. think about it , sweeping causes findind rox, if you go straigt side to side like the old ones and go up and down at the edges, you will save teeth. Hate new crap it always breaks. Rockin tha old 665a pops bought the day Jerry died 83'. Paid for. One hudred thousand times. _______________ oh I remember now afet posting and reading Dan... if you dont take a pick with you here, you might as well own a tooth manufactuing co. You gotta stop and dig those #####es out dude, unless you wanna spend$$$$$$$$$

Last edited:
Finishing a 2 and a half day screen planting job I spoke of recently. Neighbor offended property owner, treevet gets almost a 20k job.

Dingo auger is the cat's balls

YouTube - 002

YouTube - 004

12 foot Bracken Brown Beauty Mags. Root ball fit perfectly in the whole with just enough room for the displaced soil.

Very nice!

Didn't realize you had so many videos. I gotta work today, but I can't wait to get back home to see if I can find out what happens with that tub of firewood next... the suspense is killing me!! :hmm3grin2orange:

Very nice!

Didn't realize you had so many videos. I gotta work today, but I can't wait to get back home to see if I can find out what happens with that tub of firewood next... the suspense is killing me!! :hmm3grin2orange:

My years and years of strategy is FINALLY paying off (I am killing you lol):hmm3grin2orange:

If I lived in "rock world" I'd sub out all my stumps to somebody that doesn't do any tree work and I certainly wouldn't be doing any planting jobs. That's brutal stuff.

I failed to mention..............ah forget it .... I did. I grew up hearin the old douche #####in, you know what he said about Sgrinders? Worst invention ever, all they do is beat themselves, vibrations and what not, but what you gonna do>? Any oldtimers on this site at all? remember the old "stilt' Vermeers? Cables and pulleys. Always wanted to run one. It was kinda good desin as far as the action. think about it , sweeping causes findind rox, if you go straigt side to side like the old ones and go up and down at the edges, you will save teeth. Hate new crap it always breaks. Rockin tha old 665a pops bought the day Jerry died 83'. Paid for. One hudred thousand times. _______________ oh I remember now afet posting and reading Dan... if you dont take a pick with you here, you might as well own a tooth manufactuing co. You gotta stop and dig those #####es out dude, unless you wanna spend$$$$$$$$$
If ya go back a little further stumping would of been fun lol. Fire in the hole , boooooooooooooooooooooooom:)

If I lived in "rock world" I'd sub out all my stumps to somebody that doesn't do any tree work and I certainly wouldn't be doing any planting jobs. That's brutal stuff.

I have been all over the midwest and I believe here is the damn rockyest I've seen we grow rocks:)
Big ones, little ones, white ones,brown ones, diamounds,quartz mines,silica,you name it I am a rock farmer lol.

got signs finally. next we get phone numbers and website on fenders.

Looks good!

Are them the magnetic kind you can peel off if you wanna stop at the bar for a quickie??

Everything was mint here today. Made my day rate with only two guys, back by 3:30... too bad I noticed that somehow the pin that one of the three point hitch arms pivots on, is broken on my tractor. This one could be costly.... I'm quite disgusted now actually!

you fix the bucket control yet?

I thought I did. That's still not right either, now that I've had it out. It might just need some ####ing with or grease (hopefully).

I kinda feel like setting everything on fire, and running down the road naked, while telling the world to #### off.. but I guess that wouldn't accomplish too much either. :angry2:

I thought I did. That's still not right either, now that I've had it out. It might just need some ####ing with or grease (hopefully).

I kinda feel like setting everything on fire, and running down the road naked, while telling the world to #### off.. but I guess that wouldn't accomplish too much either. :angry2:

awwww it taint nothing a few thousand dollars won't cure:)

Got up and loaded down the Hornet, fired it up and rolled solo to the first job. A Cedar removal that was in the Triplex, over a propane tank and leaning towards the house. About 1/2 way there the Hornet started sputtering as I put the throttle down, first thought was spark plug wire must have fell off, got to the job and sure enough, quick fix. Spanked the Cedar down and cut a couple logs out that the guys dad was going to mill for bird houses, always nice to see good Cedar getting used. Off to the second job.

2nd job was 1/2 of a Silver Maple going over a house and thinning two others. I bucketeered the 1/2 removal and climbed the 2 thinnings, was done by 12:30.

Called my Old Man and we put on 19 miles on the pedal bikes from his house to mine.

After the family left I mowed the lawn for the first time this year with my Ferris 3100 the guys over at Lawnsite talked me into buying, lol. Not really, but I listened to what they had to say, interesting fellows those lawn jockeys. Anyhow, coffee and cake and I am done for the week.

Nice signs Treevet, looks very good.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back