whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it is an uprooted stump I would think....could I cut off all the stem and put it in my one ton with the crane and drive off

Yeah prob I could but it would probably not like it so I would say in between 3 and 4k.

Hmmmm I am thinking more My loader struggles loading them I have hauled about two hundred so far :) I hauled around 20 yesterday and that was three loads lol. I am sick of the Mack lol. I have filled my dump area gonna have to get dozer! Then found out there is a debris dump set up so took five loads there:) Anyway got five to haul then start hauling for another service I have hauled roughly seventy loads last week and this week. My old Mack has been flawless cept for a few hoses!:)

attachment.php

attachment.php

That'll be quite enough of that action thank you!

Scary mother####ers them things.... gotta hand it to them dudes that work around that stuff all day!

Damn control still has just the slightest little hitch in it too. I'm thinking maybe it's these O-rings in the valve I read about getting damaged in the instructions to the other part.. anything but the friggin' valve body right now!

attachment.php

attachment.php

Scary mother####ers them things.... gotta hand it to them dudes that work around that stuff all day!

Damn control still has just the slightest little hitch in it too. I'm thinking maybe it's these O-rings in the valve I read about getting damaged in the instructions to the other part.. anything but the friggin' valve body right now!

I set a 3 phase on fire once by laying a small piece of silver maple across all 3 , blew 2 cans and shut down about 100 houses 4 traffic lights and a police station ... No #### flashed my EHAP card on walked away scott free .... i would rather lay by bucket across them than take a 60ft ride to the basement , lol My buddy caught a set of them in the woods with the roof of a Timber Ax burned the machine to the ground he walked away with some burns on his neck and some cuts on his legs ....

Last edited:
attachment.php

attachment.php

so if you have over twenty years near them you will hand me cash:)

I cleared primaries for 5 years for an entire township in Jersey free climbing after 3 mile island incident when they had no crews in my area. I bid and got removals for 12 years for that entire county removing huge trees over primaries on road jobs as well.... all free climbing and rigging and dropping huge trees down the roads if I could get away with it. That little td with a bucket is probably safer than walking thru the road where my lot is at night lol.

Played mechanic this morning, went and took care of some winter damage in horse country, and took off for home early so my guy could get his car troubles taken care of.

Did a nice emergency insurance job this morning. White Pine top on a trailer house, put a hole in the roof of course. Cleaned it all up and then bid on removing the 2 trees altogether.

Bid a huge Cottonwood, biggest I've ever seen, probable 8' across the stump. It's not a super tall tree, just a broad tree with really fat wood. 3120 with 5' bar material. Pretty sure I'll get the job, will have to take some video and pics if I do. The guy wants it put on the ground and he'll cut it up for firewood with his 16" bar, for real, I laughed.:bowdown:

I cleared primaries for 5 years for an entire township in Jersey free climbing after 3 mile island incident when they had no crews in my area. I bid and got removals for 12 years for that entire county removing huge trees over primaries on road jobs as well.... all free climbing and rigging and dropping huge trees down the roads if I could get away with it. That little td with a bucket is probably safer than walking thru the road where my lot is at night lol.

Yes vet, we all know you one tough old fossil.. I mean bastard.. no, wait, that didn't come out right... ahh nevermind..

Seriously though, I never really did powerline work, so the fact that those primaries were bare, and looked about the size of a 3/4" bull rope kinda raised an eyebrow with me. That's all. :msp_w00t:

14 hours later I am dog-ass tired. ##### made me run a load of mulch when I got back to the yard AT 7:45!!!! Finaly done at 9pm. All good tho. I dont remember ever making that much take home net in a day ever. I think dude made over 4K today with only one guy on the clock. MDS!!!! I dont worry about wires on jobs like that ever. I worry about the guy on the rope, and finding a rot spot when I make a notch. I only got like 3 hrs sleep last nite, so I ah gonah lurk for a bit, take a shower and pass the #### out. @ Greenbeans, WAIT ALMOST FORGOT!!!!! GB, yeah , hot, WTF? Vet, you right, Halfway thru the second tree, my ass almost died. I gota quit havein a case for dinner. I was thinkin of you while I was up that willow thinkin, that guy would chase me out the tree if he knew what I was thinking. Your right dude, I prolly cant carry the you know what. I am outta shape, been bucket spoiled. SLAYER COME BACK!!!!LOL

That post is about as close to any thing Ive ever read on here that sounds like something the old man woulda said. Ive got this hawthorne in my thumb from yesterday, didnt even know it, looked at it cuz it wouldnt bend, dang things swelled like a balloon....:laugh:

You don't need to prove you are bad azz to us vet, you live in Ohio. Your state makes Somalia look civilised. But seriouslly, ill take a huge tree around primaries any day. The worst ones are the mid sized, like md posted about fourty or fivety feet for me. If they have a lean towards the hot wires you have no room for error when you drop the top.

You don't need to prove you are bad azz to us vet, you live in Ohio. Your state makes Somalia look civilised. But seriouslly, ill take a huge tree around primaries any day. The worst ones are the mid sized, like md posted about fourty or fivety feet for me. If they have a lean towards the hot wires you have no room for error when you drop the top.

Drop the top? What kinda childs play you dealin' wit? Try doin a lead that grew between the primaries(like to find the j leg that strung that one!), or a long low DED limb that is 6 inches above a hot(and coated dont mean bull) ----(or hell, the old copper bs that snaps like a twig) with no drop zone. You ever seen a ticket crew guy carve a notch with a pruner? PULL #####!!!!!! PULL LIKE YOU"VE NEVER PULLED BEFORE!!!!!!!! Wires dont scare me one bit, just the guy on the rope. ok, Hey, think about it for a sec, I'm still here, aint I? Dont be a cowboy, and dont work with treetards is all Im sayin'. Geez. I was taught to climb by a ticket crew foreman. Co-Ed used to try to pay to replace 5 yards worth of trees and landscape so they could get a bucket to it. This guy would sneeze and it'd be done by hand. Also my EX-BIL was a 30 year ticket vet. These guys laugh there arses off at what I think is hairy. One thing I dont like about em' tho, they all let ropeshots run till the rope is a pile of goo for no reason. I got my start doing what everyone walked away from. Go slow, be care/mindfull, wires, no prob. Ice storm now, Eff that!

I saw this video on youtube of these guys throwing a 3/8 cable about 15 ft long over low hanging 69 wires strung through the woods , wow that explosion they made was impressive I mean the flash was incredible , the cable actually was dancing with what looked like lightning shooting from both ends ....

I set a 3 phase on fire once by laying a small piece of silver maple across all 3 , blew 2 cans and shut down about 100 houses 4 traffic lights and a police station ... No #### flashed my EHAP card on walked away scott free .... i would rather lay by bucket across them than take a 60ft ride to the basement , lol My buddy caught a set of them in the woods with the roof of a Timber Ax burned the machine to the ground he walked away with some burns on his neck and some cuts on his legs ....

Yeah, the wind blowing that #### into the wires was really my biggest concern, as it was all cut and toss, due to no safe roping options.. the pics look pretty innocent but those wires and the wind could have been bad with one wrong move.

Had a car with two girls in it screaming at Stubs yesterday on the way back, like in them old videos of the Beatles when they just landed... I kid you not! One of the strangest things I've seen yet. I guess that truck is like some kinda chick magnet. lol. Some old bad told me what a "big sexy truck" I have the other day too.

FREAKIN HOT! 91 TODAY! storm weather

Had no sleep, neck blasting real bad, feel like a lead weight. Oh-well! gotta make the donuts!

Hit 97 yesterday, the heat index was 107, man, went form winter to the middle of summer in one day

Back