whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Without looking at the video, the lowering device is 3Ton WLL. Or do you mean the hand winch that we used to pull the logs away from the wall? I think that was a 1.5T tirfor.

Lombardy's Dave Yes....although to reach such a height and still so skinny is a little more unusual around here. Thanks

Cool, thought I heard a little motor running, guess not, must have been your guy making the noise with the crank! I keep thinking about those remote winches that ya hook to a tree, to do the same thing you were doing, just have never heard of any body using one, wondering about how well they work.

Cool, thought I heard a little motor running, guess not, must have been your guy making the noise with the crank! I keep thinking about those remote winches that ya hook to a tree, to do the same thing you were doing, just have never heard of any body using one, wondering about how well they work.

I had a remote winch once, they do ok but their slow to take up line as most electrics are!

Some footage of the 4 stroke 'portable winch' here: YouTube - Tree Work, Winter 2010-11 part 1 of 3

Its not perfect by any means but we've still used it to great success many times!

It ain't gonna have a root ball unless it was dug.....or uprooted....then depends how much root plate broke off and how much still attached.

More details.

If it is an uprooted stump I would think....could I cut off all the stem and put it in my one ton with the crane and drive off

Yeah prob I could but it would probably not like it so I would say in between 3 and 4k.

Did some more local loser subbing today. Got to work with a bad @ss brown man that I havent been on the job with since 03'. Shown him how I've grown and taught him a thing or six....TEEN!!!!. We talked shop. He's learned to climb..... ON A TAUGHT LINE!!!!, and how to spike trims!!! 2Moro I get to work with him again, hopefully bring him out the dark ages. This guy can open my world, (to other peeps to sub to) and I will do the same. We gonna clobber some willows 2 marah, the buckets sitten in the last ho's drive cuz it had a flat, told the dude Im subbin for, after seein the trees, I'l climb the first, no prob, I can use a good climb. I want to climb this thing just to show this ---- how bad ass I am these days, and Im rusty as hell. We could get the bucket there easy but gotta wait for dingbat to deliver mulch and poop. Any ?'s, let me know, no time to discuss this in a comitee. This is no cave.

Wake up people, the sawdust aint gona make itself! Greanbeans, I need a weather report! Starbux tastes good. JK. Hope you all have a safe and profitable day! In the words of ol' Verne Berry, "watch out boy, those tree's will kill ya!".

Did some more local loser subbing today. Got to work with a bad @ss brown man that I havent been on the job with since 03'. Shown him how I've grown and taught him a thing or six....TEEN!!!!. We talked shop. He's learned to climb..... ON A TAUGHT LINE!!!!, and how to spike trims!!! 2Moro I get to work with him again, hopefully bring him out the dark ages. This guy can open my world, (to other peeps to sub to) and I will do the same. We gonna clobber some willows 2 marah, the buckets sitten in the last ho's drive cuz it had a flat, told the dude Im subbin for, after seein the trees, I'l climb the first, no prob, I can use a good climb. I want to climb this thing just to show this ---- how bad ass I am these days, and Im rusty as hell. We could get the bucket there easy but gotta wait for dingbat to deliver mulch and poop. Any ?'s, let me know, no time to discuss this in a comitee. This is no cave.

Got roped into some of this subbing BS myself today. Gotta help the punk kid (25) that's been helping me out with one of his jobs. Easy little black oak over some big ass powerlines. Tree is pretty much undoable without a bucket though, as the top is way low, and its got long leads over the wires.

I must have been in business ten years before I ever even subbed a crane. Why take a job that you can't do within your own company, unless it's involving a crane rental? I'd be embarrassed personally. Whatever though, kid has helped me make some good dough recently...

Got roped into some of this subbing BS myself today. Gotta help the punk kid (25) that's been helping me out with one of his jobs. Easy little black oak over some big ass powerlines. Tree is pretty much undoable without a bucket though, as the top is way low, and its got long leads over the wires.

I must have been in business ten years before I ever even subbed a crane. Why take a job that you can't do within your own company, unless it's involving a crane rental? I'd be embarrassed personally. Whatever though, kid has helped me make some good dough recently...

I'd prob be careful using a bucket around primaries with controls that been fkn up?:msp_ohmy:

I hope Jr isnt doing what captian dingbat is, drivin' the price down. Dumbass lets the ho's run em' without thinkin'. Takes me out there at around 7 last night. HAD IT BOOKED MIND YOU, ho wants to add a tree, total was 2600, ho says some co said 2500, can you beat it? WITHOUT BLINKING GUY SAYS 2400. Were using my chipper cuz his blew up. Then ho says I got 3 stumps out back. He throws em in. I tell him you better go borrow your homeboys tracked Vermeer cuz I aint gonna beat my 665 for that price. Douche. Yesterday afternoon at the last job, that this guy wouldnt even of had the motavation to go to if it wasnt for me, neighbor comes over and has 3 stumps. Dude says 250. Decent coin. HO says 225 you got it. Guy doesnt blink. Gives it to him. In these sits, I play it. You drive me down like that I say sumthin. Sumthin like, you know, for a preferred method of payment, wink wink. Slayers right. I gotta quit working with tard baby losers.:msp_sneaky:

I hope Jr isnt doing what captian dingbat is, drivin' the price down. Dumbass lets the ho's run em' without thinkin'. Takes me out there at around 7 last night. HAD IT BOOKED MIND YOU, ho wants to add a tree, total was 2600, ho says some co said 2500, can you beat it? WITHOUT BLINKING GUY SAYS 2400. Were using my chipper cuz his blew up. Then ho says I got 3 stumps out back. He throws em in. I tell him you better go borrow your homeboys tracked Vermeer cuz I aint gonna beat my 665 for that price. Douche. Yesterday afternoon at the last job, that this guy wouldnt even of had the motavation to go to if it wasnt for me, neighbor comes over and has 3 stumps. Dude says 250. Decent coin. HO says 225 you got it. Guy doesnt blink. Gives it to him. In these sits, I play it. You drive me down like that I say sumthin. Sumthin like, you know, for a preferred method of payment, wink wink. Slayers right. I gotta quit working with tard baby losers.:msp_sneaky:
Have a good n safe day prentice. I am on my 2nd day of nice paying gravy work. A much needed rest without given up coinage.

Wake up people, the sawdust aint gona make itself! Greanbeans, I need a weather report! Starbux tastes good. JK. Hope you all have a safe and profitable day! In the words of ol' Verne Berry, "watch out boy, those tree's will kill ya!".

FREAKIN HOT! 91 TODAY! storm weather

Had no sleep, neck blasting real bad, feel like a lead weight. Oh-well! gotta make the donuts!

Latest posts

Back