whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll play

Credence, Jethro, Kansas, Blue Oyster, Super Tramp and to top it off, THIN LIZZY!

Set up a spotting scope, watched tower guys finish a 450 ft cell site , than I rebuilt the leaking lift cylinder on my bobcat, I have never done one before but what a joke 2.5 hours for a job bobcat wanted 700.00 for ....

Took down a maple today. Went great. Also removed a dead ash. The ash was only about 9 or 10 inch and mostly trunk. I just put a rope in her big brother , tied off top and lowered her down. There was also a narly honeysuckle that had a couple of green leaves on it and a bunch of hacked off stubs , several of which were 3 or 4 feet long. It looked like a POS. I was pretty sure HO said cut it down....and besides...no one could possiblie want this thing. WRONG. HO wife damn well wants it!! OMG...not cool...she was devasted. He didnt care, said it was dead and needed to go and that I shouldnt worry about it. She had OBV been CRYING and told me she used to climb that tree when she was a little girl!!!:msp_sad: OOOOO mmaannnn...not cool. She said it wasn't all the way dead and she was trying to nurse it back to its former self. mmmaannnn I feel like total crap. I offered to take 100 off the bill but they said no. I could tell it just wasnt about money. Of course I apoligized, and damn well meant it. She accepted. But I still feel awful. I feel like i wanna try an do something but I am pretty sure the best thing to do is leave it as is. As far as the rest of the job...they were very happy and they (well..HE said) they will call me agian for future needs.

...she used to climb that tree when she was a little girl!!!

Yeah, you know you're old when you outlive a tree. I know how she must of felt. A number of years ago I had to take down an big old apple that I used to have my tree house in when I was a kid. Kinda like saying goodbye to an old friend.

...she used to climb that tree when she was a little girl!!!

Yeah, you know you're old when you outlive a tree. I know how she must of felt. A number of years ago I had to take down an big old apple that I used to have my tree house in when I was a kid. Kinda like saying goodbye to an old friend.

Funny thing...Her husband told me about the climbing as kid thing while we was standing in the garage. First thought that popped into my head was,,,"I had no idea the tree was that old!!" :laugh: Glad I didn't let that one slip out.

Im tired . Helped an asscociate do a hour an a half $600 trim, then off to sub for dis ####. Retard needs to get his head out of his ###. 3 big Burrs, one tight over house, got one down and gone, not finished rakin. Didnt get there till after 10, cuz dudes dumb, sat waitin for him, after he said he wanted an early start. Had to leave early cuz he had to babysit his sister. Ahlztimers. Deperessing. Makes you humble. Id rather be struck down in a hail of gun fire than go out like that.

Took down a maple today. Went great. Also removed a dead ash. The ash was only about 9 or 10 inch and mostly trunk. I just put a rope in her big brother , tied off top and lowered her down. There was also a narly honeysuckle that had a couple of green leaves on it and a bunch of hacked off stubs , several of which were 3 or 4 feet long. It looked like a POS. I was pretty sure HO said cut it down....and besides...no one could possiblie want this thing. WRONG. HO wife damn well wants it!! OMG...not cool...she was devasted. He didnt care, said it was dead and needed to go and that I shouldnt worry about it. She had OBV been CRYING and told me she used to climb that tree when she was a little girl!!!:msp_sad: OOOOO mmaannnn...not cool. She said it wasn't all the way dead and she was trying to nurse it back to its former self. mmmaannnn I feel like total crap. I offered to take 100 off the bill but they said no. I could tell it just wasnt about money. Of course I apoligized, and damn well meant it. She accepted. But I still feel awful. I feel like i wanna try an do something but I am pretty sure the best thing to do is leave it as is. As far as the rest of the job...they were very happy and they (well..HE said) they will call me agian for future needs.

Buy her a tree, like a little tri color beech or something like that, something small,easy to plant, she will be happy again, like having a baby to take care of.
We took out a massive oak last year, lady was devastated, but it had to go, brought her back a little dogwood, made her cry. Tree is treated like a child.

We got into a planted stand of pine a few years back. 20 year old trees, planted in rows, 10 ft. spacing. The edge trees nearest the house were trashed by ice storms so the new owner wanted them down. I tried to tell her the whole stand needed to disappear but she was a real tree hugger and named the trees and only wanted the edge trees gone. Well, when they were gone the rest of the stand looked like big green Q tips so she kept having us back to cut a few more tress, hoping it would somehow look better. It was an OK gig but it was boring work and I just got tired of going back there so I told her that the trees make kind of a crying sound when I make them fall. I instantly felt bad because she got tears in her eyes but I held steady. I've never heard from her again and the ugly stand of pines is still there.
Phil

Back