whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Dan scrapeth The Land

And I scraped the Hell outta it... maybe it scraped the Hell outta me I dunno BUT its been for years since my wife has been on me to do this.

007-1.jpg

011-1.jpg

This is the best before pic I could find.

YardPicssummer08016.jpg

You can see yucca in there along with pacysandra and other crap. We dug out of those rocks to be able to dig everything else out and I finally came out with a decent enough layout for the area. I didn't know I had it in me but there it is.

My wife was happy to see it, I sent her and my daughter around the bend to see Mrs Ludwick who drove them back laden with plants. My wife was at the point were she was going to hire someone to do the work so you see I had no choice but to get it done. And I tossed in a Japanese maple I had sitting around to boot.

Last edited:
Took down a large pine today. Around 110'. 30" base. Had to rope everything and block the chunks. Also sold another job... Been a long day. Got an easy one tomorrow. About a 2 hour job then I need to do saw maintenance, talk to an insurance agent, fax an estimate, see if I can get a crane guy on the horn and hopefully pick up a large check...

My wife also asked me to make a flower bed out of the old sand pile for the kiddie pool was. The rocks came from the front bed, I dumped a few buckets of homemade soil in there and churned it a little. Then we planted a golden raintree and the white spruce.

006-1.jpg

008.jpg

And then this

013-1.jpg

Starting from the left we have a clump of native ash, a jap maple cult, an American elm, a clump of flowering cherry cult and native red maple. The jap maple, elm and cherry are about 4 years old. It was their first root pruning.

014-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

016-1.jpg

Last edited:
I pulled the crank seals and bearings out of the Wright C50 I found over the weekend while I'm waiting on seals for the C70G.

Found out the seals for the Original Homelite EZ fit and I already had 'em - yahoo! Same crank bearings as Mac 125, Pioneer HM an RA, etc.

Good jobs Danno et al.!

Danno get nookie toniiiiiite!:rock:

It all comes together yes and thanks.

To wet to work today so me and my helper sunk into this slippery slope. The Dingo wouldn't do squat with all them rocks in the way acting like wheel chocks and teeter totters. We had dug it out on Sat.

I also need to spend time with my trees. It might sound funny but that is why I took the job. And thoughts of well being for TreeMd , Slayer and Ropes while they are in the thick of it.

Nice pick over the wires you guys had yourselves Vet. I am looking forward to getting some work done again myself. My knee is a little funny still but I can still skip and jump and press wild flowers a little bit.

Returned the compressor this morning, did an estimate adjustment, swapped materials with a friend, and then got roped into a quickie storm damage job. Other than that nothing crazy. Stopped into a client's place today, she asked me to return tomorrow to empty the refrigerator for lunch. Spoke with another client, have to come up with a price for some winter ROW work... it's a job I've wanted to get for a while now, but money was tight and the people running the show didn't know WTF they wanted.

It all comes together yes and thanks.

To wet to work today so me and my helper sunk into this slippery slope. The Dingo wouldn't do squat with all them rocks in the way acting like wheel chocks and teeter totters. We had dug it out on Sat.

I also need to spend time with my trees. It might sound funny but that is why I took the job. And thoughts of well being for TreeMd , Slayer and Ropes while they are in the thick of it.

Nice pick over the wires you guys had yourselves Vet. I am looking forward to getting some work done again myself. My knee is a little funny still but I can still skip and jump and press wild flowers a little bit.

wishing you speedy recovery

We got pounded with what many said was a twister last night in my little suburban town. Looked at probably 50 trees down. No Missouri but bad none the less. Last job took a large part of a two hundred year old oak out of a garage roof that went through to the floor in parts. Finished at 8 pm.

Got about a dozen jobs pending insurance, knocked out many today and starting a $6500. td tomorrow am. Local country club (maybe 20 huge trees down) the day after and so on. Very profitable weeks coming up and many dangerous trees still standing. Looked at more than a dozen 50 plus inch oaks belly up and quite a few gonna have to climb up and piece down.

Felt like I played the day in way under par in a golf analogy. Made all the right moves and hit all the right shots with the right clubs. Hundred mile an hour day and more to come. Love it. This is right in my wheel house. I want all the fat jobs and the rest can go to someone else.

We got pounded with what many said was a twister last night in my little suburban town. Looked at probably 50 trees down. No Missouri but bad none the less. Last job took a large part of a two hundred year old oak out of a garage roof that went through to the floor in parts. Finished at 8 pm.

Got about a dozen jobs pending insurance, knocked out many today and starting a $6500. td tomorrow am. Local country club (maybe 20 huge trees down) the day after and so on. Very profitable weeks coming up and many dangerous trees still standing. Looked at more than a dozen 50 plus inch oaks belly up and quite a few gonna have to climb up and piece down.

Felt like I played the day in way under par in a golf analogy. Made all the right moves and hit all the right shots with the right clubs. Hundred mile an hour day and more to come. Love it. This is right in my wheel house. I want all the fat jobs and the rest can go to someone else.

Seeing the news coverage is crazy. Hope you guy's are OK.
Jeff

Latest posts

Back