whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

Yeah, southco. Shelby NC. I'm never traveling again!

And what's up with calling my truck gay?? I didn't even tell you about the flower vase it came with yet!

I think I see a smudge there, just above the rear duals. Better go out and spit shine that b****! Seriously, you gonna cry like a baby when you put that first dent in the box loading chunks on there, aren't ya? lol

We took down a 110 foot Hack today that had a huge boog hangin right over the house entrance from the nader.

Made some 7 k picks and woulda been more but we had to boom way out into the street where the flat dump was catchin em.

Guessed way right on this crano. $ flowin like wine.

Did a little job pulling hangers out of three trees this morning. Was done by 10 AM. Big sales day. I sold two jobs today. 3 gigantic removals... Man, these trees are huge and all over the houses... Got several more thousand bid... Waiting on the go ahead from the insurance companies... There are houses outside of Birmingham with trees still on them.

Be careful Larry.

Tomorrow we got a 90 foot oak leaning over a house 15' away with the root plate completely coming outta the ground. Be surprised if it is still airborn in the mornin.

Gonna tie the tree off to my flat dump that I saved the hack honkers to weigh it down with 3/4" double braid, and start carving from there. Guy had called 10 people and no one but me called back. We nothing like you Larry but it is still pretty bad(good) here.

Limitless work for as far as you can see at almost whatever price you name.

I think I see a smudge there, just above the rear duals. Better go out and spit shine that b****! Seriously, you gonna cry like a baby when you put that first dent in the box loading chunks on there, aren't ya? lol

Lol. Actually I used one of Kyle's company shirts to do some buffing on it yesterday. Yeah, I'm gonna cry probably.

Lol. Actually I used one of Kyle's company shirts to do some buffing on it yesterday. Yeah, I'm gonna cry probably.

Your Deere got enough boom to go up and over the sides with the top off or will you still have to load from the back?

Your Deere got enough boom to go up and over the sides with the top off or will you still have to load from the back?

Not sure yet. Probably not. I'll probably just keep sliding stuff in from the back. I'm pretty damn good with that machine, so shouldn't be an issue.

Truck almost makes the Deere look like a lawn mower! That's probably a good thing though. Lol.

Not sure yet. Probably not. I'll probably just keep sliding stuff in from the back. I'm pretty damn good with that machine, so shouldn't be an issue.

Truck almost makes the Deere look like a lawn mower! That's probably a good thing though. Lol.

What's the model number on the Deere? I had access to a 4x4 955 with a loader, mower deck, backhoe combo with turfs a couple years ago. Absolutely perfect for the job. The only thing I wanted for was a grapple.

BTW...your truck's not gay...it just needs a capable winch bumper/ brush guard, if for nothing else most of the time it will protect it from deer and what not.

They did a fine job though. :cheers:

Got to work with the best first day greenhorn Ive ever seen in my 13 years. He RAN WITH BRUSH, and get this, WITH A SMILE ON HIS FACE!!!!!!!! Met him the other day, looked like a total dork computer nerd. Didnt think he'd last an hour. Told him when I got back from a mulch run, "Welcome to hell". He loved it . Said he had a blast. Couldnt rake for ####, but kept up with me draggin'. Told him when this 60 inch Silver was down (it was 3-4 feet from a shed and garage), and done about how the mini was only around for 3 years. Get this, second newbie in 2 weeks to say , "#### THAT!!!" when we told em about us youngins old days. Can you imagine what theyed say if they hung out with Vet for an afternoon? P.S., kid was 18, maybe 150lbs. Still cant believe he kept up with me with the brush. First guy Ive worked with ever that actually took the rope off the porta wrap every time the branch hit the ground, and I only told him ONCE THE FIRST TIME!!!!

Spent about 10 hours pulling trees off houses, decks and cars, and another four running estimates. Probably more of the same tomorrow, and the next day. There goes my holiday weekend. lol #### it! Let's make some money!

Spent about 10 hours pulling trees off houses, decks and cars, and another four running estimates. Probably more of the same tomorrow, and the next day. There goes my holiday weekend. lol #### it! Let's make some money!

MOTHER!!!! GOTTA REPOST!!!! N E way, wish I was closer. Noone wants to work Monday but me. Gotta make hay while the sun shines. Got work tomorrow, +Sunday, but Sunday aint gonna pay. Tues gotta nice willow, gonna make Slayer post pic's or I wont pay him!

MOTHER!!!! GOTTA REPOST!!!! N E way, wish I was closer. Noone wants to work Monday but me. Gotta make hay while the sun shines. Got work tomorrow, +Sunday, but Sunday aint gonna pay. Tues gotta nice willow, gonna make Slayer post pic's or I wont pay him!

At this point I don't think it's anything the local boys can't get cleaned up in a few days. Plenty of idiots running around with their Poulans too. One hack got his beat up old bucket stuck in a yard. I almost left him there except I knew the guy. He said he would pay for the pull if he could but showed me his empty wallet. Dumbass, if you charged more than a hundo to take that tree down you'd have plenty of cash.

For you guys used to doing this #### regularly. When it comes to insurance jobs, how do you get paid? Do you give the bill to the HO, submit it to the insurance company yourself? What's the likelihood of actually collecting? When writing the invoice do you fudge things a little so that debris cleanup isn't included in the price to give HO's a break? So far I've just been telling HO's that my deal is with them, not their ins co. I give them an invoice, they give me a check and they can chase their ins co. down for the money. It works but I'm sure I'm missing out on some work because not everyone has money in their pocket to pay me up front. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

What did I do today?

So far, get out of bed, sneezed, bought a fuel pump diaphragm for Tilly HP, sprocket for an XL12.

What I will do today - pressure wash the deck, finish mounting the second 16' awning on the roof, install rope lights, beadblast the Wright C50 and hopefully get it painted, test run the Wright C70-G.

At this point I don't think it's anything the local boys can't get cleaned up in a few days. Plenty of idiots running around with their Poulans too. One hack got his beat up old bucket stuck in a yard. I almost left him there except I knew the guy. He said he would pay for the pull if he could but showed me his empty wallet. Dumbass, if you charged more than a hundo to take that tree down you'd have plenty of cash.

For you guys used to doing this #### regularly. When it comes to insurance jobs, how do you get paid? Do you give the bill to the HO, submit it to the insurance company yourself? What's the likelihood of actually collecting? When writing the invoice do you fudge things a little so that debris cleanup isn't included in the price to give HO's a break? So far I've just been telling HO's that my deal is with them, not their ins co. I give them an invoice, they give me a check and they can chase their ins co. down for the money. It works but I'm sure I'm missing out on some work because not everyone has money in their pocket to pay me up front. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

you are right....don't ever let them tell you the ins. co. will pay you. quite often they aren't covered when they think (hope) they are and you are s.o.o.l. If you feel lucky and they are an old estab. customer let them have 30 but me....they gonna pay me on completion and collect from the ins. co. themselves.

As for fudging for their benefit....one never TALKS about that schit...esp. on a forum that is graven in stone :cheers:

Back