whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Take a look at this paragraph. Can you read what it says? All the letters have been jumbled (mixed). Only the first and last letter of ecah word is in the right place:

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

Take a look at this paragraph. Can you read what it says? All the letters have been jumbled (mixed). Only the first and last letter of ecah word is in the right place:

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.
Its scary for fast you can read that. Only stumbled on 'rset'. Wow, cool. Now go post this nonsense somewhere else, this is a tree kill and climb thread. Today I wanted to kill someone. Till I relized it was inevitably my fault for why they clogged the chipper , bad enuff that a 2 hour job took 6. Before you jump to conclusions, no, it was not yesterdays newbie, but I wish he was there so he could see why I took the time to train him.

attachment.php

Are those wires as close to the trunk as the pic makes me guess? Looks like a fun one. Seems tall enuf to have a good crotch to swing em away.
Put a fairly aggressive bid on this dying maple this morning. It's quite a bit bigger than it looks in the pic. Wires everywhere, pedestrians, cars, houses etc. Pretty typical of the work sites over in the next town, where I do a lot of work.

I worked for the guys father, and he was happy, so I think I got a good shot at it.

Just blew out about 8 huge leaders and laterals on a giant pinoak that had a gaping split in the co doms. One leader crushed the back of the house in the hurricane in 08.

Way too dangerous to do anything but let em fly and I missed everything of importance including house and pool area and landscaping.

New trick on big split co doms. Talk up a 3/4 double braid and running bolen one side then lanyard a porty to the other side and cinch it up on the porty and lock both ears. When it slacks you can adjust and a real quick install while you are scared for your life it is gonna split and go on you.

One leader was just about to barber chair. Moaning and groaning. Ho's scared schitless.
Was it a climb, or bucket? U ever tie leads together with multiple pullies, and the rope zig zaggin thru? just curious.
Why can't you real tree guy's spell 'Bowline!'
Jeff :confused:
I always could, just couldnt figure out why its pronounced bow-lynn.
I got one of these in green on order next (ya, right). Gonna name it "Chipzilla". lol.

attachment.php
Now Jeff, you see what Snurg Burg looked like?
Just gotta ask what chipper you got that is gonna shoot it all to the front?
Jeff :rock:

The Bandit I got, with the chute aimed ALL the way up, as long as theres enuff logs, lotsa leafy, good luck.

big syc some more takedown today...we're a bit slow..got a little more to do tomorrow...but I'd rather be slow than unsafe...had a pretty good ride when I dropped the top...all the looky loos applauded...christ...

One day at a time.

Was it a climb, or bucket?

NO one would have climbed this tree. We took down a fence/gate and backed in between the house and garage. This tree was a death certificate for a climber. It was splitting in the main crotch with a huge crevace, and barber chairing on the fracture sideways on the 100' biggest side leader in the area where the tri dom crushed the house in 08. One of the more dangerous trees I have done in the last few years.

@VET....:rock::cheers: Wish I coulda been there with Slayer to help you rock it out! I know a guy who climbed something like that (if Im following you right) He done rode it down and broke his back. Any chance I can buy a admission tickit to the TreeVet show? I love watchin old badasses in motion. Like lost art.

@VET....:rock::cheers: Wish I coulda been there with Slayer to help you rock it out! I know a guy who climbed something like that (if Im following you right) He done rode it down and broke his back. Any chance I can buy a admission tickit to the TreeVet show? I love watchin old badasses in motion. Like lost art.

If somebody rode this one down Matthew they would have to id the body by dental records. Big wood 100' plus with huge laterals, just creakin and gappin and moaning at about 8' up with the biggest doing the barber chair thang to boot. Ugly. Tornado induced.

Fun blowing out the big leads but worried the barber chair might break my boom in two. Tied it together (which had no effect if barber chaired) and started bombing. 6k job leave wood.

DAM!!! HOW do ya pull that price off? For the love of God man, next time take a camera! I hate those ones where you worry about it comin back at the boom. Kinda why I hate spider lifts. Seen too many idiots in action. Your keepin busy, were kickin ass, how the rest o you guys holden out?

today I drug brush for the wild man, prentice110. talk about killing a tree once the first piece hit the ground I didn't even have time to run in and grab a piece and run out its like he just levitated through that tree. nothing like a stone dead elm tree to make a mess

today I drug brush for the wild man, prentice110. talk about killing a tree once the first piece hit the ground I didn't even have time to run in and grab a piece and run out its like he just levitated through that tree. nothing like a stone dead elm tree to make a mess
Oh its this guy. So, how was that compared to the climber you work with? How'd you like that clean up? You know, when I was your age, we didnt have minis with 6ft broom rakes. Take the ball and run with it! Oh, and I climbed that like ####. I need new spikes. Levitated. Told you, gotta be a Jedi, make your body move like water. A climber feels the force flowing thru him. Kinda like how I force feed BS to the general masses.

Last edited:
Oh its this guy. So, how was that compared to the climber you work with? How'd you like that clean up? You know, when I was your age, we didnt have minis with 6ft broom rakes. Take the ball and run with it!

I like the climber I normally work with he gives us time to clean up as we go:msp_tongue: I guess thats the difference between an hourly employee and you! but I'd say you would out climb him any day 2:1, sad thing is he gets $25/hr. I'd hate to see you with one of our cranes. clean up was very nice I think I looked at that gravel drive for 10 min thinking F##K then the broom came out and it was done in 30 secs and ya know we dont have a mini at haney... we do it the old fashioned way pick it with the crane right into the chipper :yoyo:

Wow, a crane, your spoiled. We cant afford those here in hack hillbilly county. Last time I worked with a crane, did dang near $12k in 1 day with 1 groundie, and if it was done my way, it woulda been a short day. Kinda hurt to walk for a day or 2 after tho.... According to Dirty, its cuz I dont know what Im doing. I dunno tho, he must know what its like to pay the crane guy at the end of the day.:confused::msp_wink:

If somebody rode this one down Matthew they would have to id the body by dental records. Big wood 100' plus with huge laterals, just creakin and gappin and moaning at about 8' up with the biggest doing the barber chair thang to boot. Ugly. Tornado induced.

Fun blowing out the big leads but worried the barber chair might break my boom in two. Tied it together (which had no effect if barber chaired) and started bombing. 6k job leave wood.

The ones I live for! 6K, leave wood, awesome!

he gets rid of the chips fast. We filled up his K30 quick. Not sure where he takes them but the truck was empty and back on the job in no time.

Alot of chip dumps is the key with a K30. lol.

I have an awesome chip dump that takes chips for free, and is always flat and dry... close too (a couple of them actually). That's one of the reasons the new truck makes sense for me. I might have problems in some of the more remote K30 spots further from home though... but five loads in one now.. so..

Latest posts

Back