whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After water blasting the roof and etch priming it It decided to rain about 4 hours later ( not heavy )

Today I painted the first of two coats of a ceramic white paint that should cool the house by 5 deg C

What's the model number on the Deere? I had access to a 4x4 955 with a loader, mower deck, backhoe combo with turfs a couple years ago. Absolutely perfect for the job. The only thing I wanted for was a grapple.

BTW...your truck's not gay...it just needs a capable winch bumper/ brush guard, if for nothing else most of the time it will protect it from deer and what not.

They did a fine job though. :cheers:

4600 with 460 loader. something like 43hp. Lifts like 2300lbs (pretty sure on that).

Must have seen 25 dead deer on the way to NC. We almost wasted one ourselves, so I can see what you're saying with the bumper. We dont get on the highways much (thankfully) around here for work.

What I'm probably gonna need is some kind of tow hooks, so I can pull it out with the winches on the bucket if it gets stuck... maybe eventually have my welder fab something sick for a bumper though...

attachment.php

Put a fairly aggressive bid on this dying maple this morning. It's quite a bit bigger than it looks in the pic. Wires everywhere, pedestrians, cars, houses etc. Pretty typical of the work sites over in the next town, where I do a lot of work.

I worked for the guys father, and he was happy, so I think I got a good shot at it.

attachment.php

One more.

The lady that owns the white house says I can put a chip truck on her yard. That way I dont have to be on that busy ass road. Hopefully the new truck will fit if I get it!

Just blew out about 8 huge leaders and laterals on a giant pinoak that had a gaping split in the co doms. One leader crushed the back of the house in the hurricane in 08.

Way too dangerous to do anything but let em fly and I missed everything of importance including house and pool area and landscaping.

New trick on big split co doms. Talk up a 3/4 double braid and running bolen one side then lanyard a porty to the other side and cinch it up on the porty and lock both ears. When it slacks you can adjust and a real quick install while you are scared for your life it is gonna split and go on you.

One leader was just about to barber chair. Moaning and groaning. Ho's scared schitless.

A bolen over to a pulley, and then down to a GRCS is pretty sweet for chinching up co doms like you described there too. As you get weight off, have the groundy crank it up a little more.

One thing about MDS...........

Cool truck, but that sure would be alot of dump run's for us.
Jeff :msp_ohmy:

he gets rid of the chips fast. We filled up his K30 quick. Not sure where he takes them but the truck was empty and back on the job in no time.

At this point I don't think it's anything the local boys can't get cleaned up in a few days. Plenty of idiots running around with their Poulans too. One hack got his beat up old bucket stuck in a yard. I almost left him there except I knew the guy. He said he would pay for the pull if he could but showed me his empty wallet. Dumbass, if you charged more than a hundo to take that tree down you'd have plenty of cash.

For you guys used to doing this #### regularly. When it comes to insurance jobs, how do you get paid? Do you give the bill to the HO, submit it to the insurance company yourself? What's the likelihood of actually collecting? When writing the invoice do you fudge things a little so that debris cleanup isn't included in the price to give HO's a break? So far I've just been telling HO's that my deal is with them, not their ins co. I give them an invoice, they give me a check and they can chase their ins co. down for the money. It works but I'm sure I'm missing out on some work because not everyone has money in their pocket to pay me up front. Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks

Blakes, get the agents number and try to deal with him directly. What I normally do is fax the agent the estimate with the clients claim number and get the go ahead from him or her before I proceed. It is the only way I will proceed if the customer does not have the money to cover the job. In an ideal circumstance the customer will pay you upon completion of the job and wait for reimbursement from the insurance company but not everyone has the means to do so. If you are going to do the job and wait for the people to get the insurance money be sure you get a signed contract and the go ahead from the agent involved.

Latest posts

Back