whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hate dropping the chipper...esp. my bc 2000 with huge manual jack and all the hook up time esp if no gm around. Hit the hitch....jack it up.....pull up back up....move left...over shot....move right ...over shot...arrrgh. Gotta have a big box for me.

I don't blame you for the upgrade.

Alot of chip dumps is the key with a K30. lol.

I have an awesome chip dump that takes chips for free, and is always flat and dry... close too (a couple of them actually). That's one of the reasons the new truck makes sense for me. I might have problems in some of the more remote K30 spots further from home though... but five loads in one now.. so..

Makes the company look good and less trips. probably tows the JD better. I remember having your K30 wound out pulling it.

You don't seem to have to go on the interstate much so that's a bonus. If you have to do a lot of interstate travel in CT you are gonna get nailed by the DMV. probably not so big a deal up by you. We were to close to Wethersfield for comfort.

I hate dropping the chipper...esp. my bc 2000 with huge manual jack and all the hook up time esp if no gm around. Hit the hitch....jack it up.....pull up back up....move left...over shot....move right ...over shot...arrrgh. Gotta have a big box for me.

Yeah right. that's funny.

The worst part of having the small chip truck forever, was probably just being annoyed with the inefficiency of the whole thing. I think of the wasted time on all those big jobs over the years. Just as you get jamming, the trucks full and all production stops. From a business viewpoint, especially, it's horrible!

On the average job (where I can fit the truck), now we'll just chip till all the chipping is done, drop the chipper, dump, and then start hucking the logs in.... none of this dumping 3 times and having the last load be only like 1.2 yards of chips! Grr... I hated that.. time to drop the chipper again!

Cool!
A 'Dumping' thread!
Jeff

You should see my one ton hop when it dumps loads like this (that's not even that heavy a load)! lol.

attachment.php

LOL..you wanna be my new secretary? The get off the damn phone!

Finished up that confined syc...might have been pushing my limit a bit, but took it down slow...one little mishap...rigged a chunk of spar on the porty..dropeed it smooth, and had the bloody sling slip off..kind of a hairy ride, and the knot on the sling thumped me...no damage to HO or climber, so all is well....helps one to keep concentrating...head groundie <wife>was pissed I wouldn't come down to let her look at it before I rigged the pull line and got the block/sling out of the tree...was >not< going back up..pulled her over smooth as silk..I do love the thump of a trunk hitting the ground...as opposed to the crunch of one landing on a benz or something...:hmm3grin2orange:

Gotta couple decent sized jobs coming...nothing as difficult as this one though...

6x6, 6x8 and 8x8 white pine. Basically the short pieces from the monster I took down last fall. Figure it's better to have them around and not need them, than to need them and have to pay $500+ to the crane company to bring them.

The ones I live for! 6K, leave wood, awesome!

If you can sell that, I'll make you rich, no Effin arond. How do you get that? No effin way. Anybody else filing chains right now? I am . My fingers hurt so I took a break. Nothing goin on here but BS so I gotta Go back to filing, SUX gotta good one 2moro, stay safe guys, and go make some cha-ching!

I usually never had too much trouble hooking up on my own, but it can be frustrating. I started placing a cone under the rear corner of the truck when I drop and just line it up when I get back.

Latest posts

Back