whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just woke up from a 4 day stumping binge, I'm caught up though and learned a ton. I dodged some storms, got caught in one, but it made for great rainy weekend work.

I've rented the 252 before, but never had the number and size of stumps as I conquered this weekend.

I picked one up Thursday in a hurry, because the one I was supposed to get from my normal agent fell through. The yellow jacket teeth I looked at looked ok, but the bad eggs were on the other side. I flipped most and borrowed their diamond wheel, so I researched and learned how to dress them up. I broke down and bought a set of 20 on Friday, just in case, but never had to use them.

I pulled the stick with the wheel leveled and found no oil (took a video to cma) and ended up adding a quart and a half maybe. It used a bunch too. It hadn't seen a grease gun in a while either. Not all rental companies are created equal.

It's time to find my own unit, not sure the 252 is the ticket though. Or I might grab one and sub out the big ones for the time being. The 252 will do them, but not efficient enough for me.

I've got lots of removals this week since the weather has finally decided to cooperate. Summer is here, hope it addresses the balance this miserable spring let me with.

That makes way too much sense for the average treeguy.

It was one of the last ROW daze when I was down to two mexicans on the crew. Good guys, but couldn't guide you in for jack, so I just grabbed a road cone and tried it one day. I think they did really good after that, but I wasn't looking. ;)

Framed houses, mainly installing second floor, floor sheeting for Habitat for Humanity until I decided I had enough sun at 1345 hrs and moved indoors to remove bracing.....I take an Rx that makes me a little skittish in bright sunlight and it certainly was that here earlier today. Planted potatoes and watered my tomato plants in my garden plot on the way home.

Stacked and stickered my new cribbing on the trailer for tomorrow, moved the trailer to the job, along with the chipper. Got a haircut. Looked at 2 stump jobs, first one was a norway maple, gonna tell them $300 - $350 no clean-up... probably 30" diameter max, somebody else did the tree and was supposed to do the stump for $150, but backed out. I think a 252 would roll on the hill to get up to the thing. Looked at a BIG sugar maple stump, told them $1,000 no clean-up. Lots of rock to hammer out on that one, so if I get it it has to be worth the time.

Looked at a storm damage job for a "friend" he had it cleaned up by the time I got there.

Sheared a hedge for the guy we are supposed to work for tomorrow. Wanted to get it out of the way while the stress factor was low.

And, there's your sign.
Jeff :msp_tongue:

You tryin to say something smartass? I made your check today. Albeit to the side, wouldnt a happened without a certin Slayer .... Dave, I know you dont get on here much any more, but if you do, read this, and tell the children what we did. First time I had a real TEAM on the ground. (for me) Anyone could get up there, and make it rain tree, these guys made it disapear. I am nothing without my grunts. THANK YOU!!!!!X10. you know who you are....

Damn i may have tick fever or borderline pnemonia been down since last friday. I got work to do damnit:angry: I'm gonna try to work tomorrow.

sucks being sick, esp in the heat....you need to visit a doc. hope you feel better.

here's a few picts of the split (split has closed and barber chair closed too) oak we fin on 2nd day yesterday, leave wood. brought picker between house and garage. like I said no one woulda climbed this. deathtrap on verge of falling in 2 places. and the slammer. no helmet cause 94 degrees and everything is on the ground outside of the stick (wore one earlier).

YouTube - ‪001‬‏

YouTube - ‪003.MOV‬‏

little flick bout the previous job, 100 ft plus hack with boog hangin (Kingpin reference :msp_tongue:). all schit in truck was picked. this house was crashed too in hurricane by a lead and 2 remaining leads were gaping open. Gotta get a helmet set up for my Playsport cam and show some action picts. Hard to set up cause it has controls on back and lens on front.

YouTube - ‪001‬‏

Nice stick tv, I climed **** like that back when i was younger but its a wonder nothing crazy happened. I hate hackbury for their weak attachments if not pruned in their jouvy life:cheers:

Nice stick tv, I climed **** like that back when i was younger but its a wonder nothing crazy happened. I hate hackbury for their weak attachments if not pruned in their jouvy life:cheers:

I'da climbed the hack no prob. NObody woulda climbed the pinoak. Scary just standing near it;. I have climbed plenty of schit cracked in the stem....none with that huge of canopy like this one split in 2 places and inches from crashing

I'da climbed the hack no prob. NObody woulda climbed the pinoak. Scary just standing near it;. I have climbed plenty of schit cracked in the stem....none with that huge of canopy like this one split in 2 places and inches from crashing

I hear ya bro, My worst was one that our competitors refused to climb when I was climb crew foreman for asplundhy. It was a 150 sweetgum with only a 2 inch by twelve inch strap of wood left at the base. The giraffe got all he could reach it was way worse than the oak i put on here from time to time. It was a real suicidal tree and I should not of climbed it but I did. If you seen it you would call me nutz but I was asked if I could get it down and said yes. I guyed that sucker every direction ten ropes on the tight the stem could not move by the time I was done and climbed it and finished the tree. I was young bull headed and loved a challenge, today hell no, they can send a crane or fo.

Damn i may have tick fever or borderline pnemonia been down since last friday. I got work to do damnit:angry: I'm gonna try to work tomorrow.

Consider incorporating garlic heavy into your diet or eat a few cloves throughout the day till it's coming out your pores and get some Vitamin C.

Tick Bites and Lyme Disease

I've also beat full on pnemonia in less than 24 hours with that stuff. That is also well documented and widely used. Haven't been notably sick in a couple of years for anytime I get to feeling something coming on, I infuse my system with garlic and and grab some Vitamin C and I'm on down the road.

Just a suggestion, not intended to replace the care of your doctor, and you might notice those birds you call skeeters don't want to tend to you so much. :D

I hear ya bro, My worst was one that our competitors refused to climb when I was climb crew foreman for asplundhy. It was a 150 sweetgum with only a 2 inch by twelve inch strap of wood left at the base. The giraffe got all he could reach it was way worse than the oak i put on here from time to time. It was a real suicidal tree and I should not of climbed it but I did. If you seen it you would call me nutz but I was asked if I could get it down and said yes. I guyed that sucker every direction ten ropes on the tight the stem could not move by the time I was done and climbed it and finished the tree. I was young bull headed and loved a challenge, today hell no, they can send a crane or fo.

wasn't nothin to tie off the barber chairing right lead off to and that was the worse. Once I tied the two co doms together they weren't gonna split apart but when the barber chairing lead breaking away from the house towards the pool went out.....the rope tie together I had would have directed the main lead right into the pool if the rope didn't break off.

Believe me, nobody been up more dangerous trees than I have and NO one would have climbed this tree. Scary enough blowing out leads and being up there at all in the picker. I am a lucky fker so I am still here.:cheers: Check is in the pocket. Major job just cutting up that big boy with the 90 880 and 660 (feels like a toy with other 2) and flushin the fkin stump. Worried all the time the rounds would get away and roll into the pool or deck.

wasn't nothin to tie off the barber chairing right lead off to and that was the worse. Once I tied the two co doms together they weren't gonna split apart but when the barber chairing lead breaking away from the house towards the pool went out.....the rope tie together I had would have directed the main lead right into the pool if the rope didn't break off.

Believe me, nobody been up more dangerous trees than I have and NO one would have climbed this tree. Scary enough blowing out leads and being up there at all in the picker. I am a lucky fker so I am still here.:cheers: Check is in the pocket. Major job just cutting up that big boy with the 90 880 and 660 (feels like a toy with other 2) and flushin the fkin stump. Worried all the time the rounds would get away and roll into the pool or deck.
well vet i likely would not have climbed it now but in my youth I would of tried is all I meant. I banged out three trees today and five trims so sick I think im dying lol. I got to take 3 down in the mourning at the alligator farm sick or not it has to get done. At least the alligators wont want to bite me:monkey:

This tree is cake compared to the gum I mentioned the gum had way less sound wood and huge spreading canopy which was entirely healthy!:)

badone_001.jpg

Last edited:
well vet i likely would not have climbed it now but in my youth I would of tried is all I meant.

In your youth or senility you or no one woulda climbed this tree. Hollow or rotten trees are still up there, this tree was in the process of falling apart, in two places. Hard to paint a pict. you just gonna have to take my word for it.

Hey how about some picts of the alligator farm. Swamp people is my fave show.

well vet i likely would not have climbed it now but in my youth I would of tried is all I meant.

In your youth or senility you or no one woulda climbed this tree. Hollow or rotten trees are still up there, this tree was in the process of falling apart, in two places. Hard to paint a pict. you just gonna have to take my word for it.

Hey how about some picts of the alligator farm. Swamp people is my fave show.

Lmfao I will take pics if I remember cam ok:) these are the little guys3 to 9 footers but would still kill you if you did not move away! They have two large mountain lions there too:) They also have a 105 pound logger head big sob.

Latest posts

Back