whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I put some time in yesterday for my crane job that was planned for today. Show up to the job with my crew at 7:45, crane scheduled to arrive at 8:15+/- with my operator of choice. Plan was to get the cable line down off the house and set up traffic control, let people get out to work, and then have at it.

As soon as I got there things went to hell fast. We get there at 7:45, crane was already there. My operator wasn't in it. This guy didn't want to set up where he needed to be, so after some arguement with the office I told the operator / office to go to hell and leave my jobsite. That didn't make them happy.

Called off the loader which was already on the way, not a good thing, luckily a good friend who is very understanding.

Called the estimator who came out later on in the day, we took a look at the layout, he said he would have set up no problem where I wanted him. My normal op would have set up, and when the owner of the company comes out tomorrow to check it out he will agree.

So instead of a nice crane day, we wound up taking down a fast red maple for a buddy, and then bombed out 2 oaks for my insurance agent. Not an ideal day, but oh well.

Gotta love it (even though it about kills me)!

attachment.php

About a half load of chips today.

attachment.php

Little pruning job, which sucked, because I was alone all day...my help pursuing their educations...no biggie, brought in some cash and a nice older couple who were ecstatic with the work...the HO was out, and he is a retired Fire fighter rescue tech, so with him watching I scampered up an oak that is a good three feet DBH...pruned that bugger out for him with a handsaw...gotta love silky! I bought a the yamabico ir whatever it is called...it has the fine teeth on top and medium on the bottom...works pretty well..have to be careful to not scar the adjacent brances when pruning, but great for small...

Was a little too busy for pics... (gotta get a couple though).
attachment.php

That bucket makes that chipper truck look like a Tonka truck in that pic. Did you used to have those big mudders on that thing? XRT is burning it up tonight. Havent heard this many good songs on the radio in years

Very professional looking. You try taking off that chipbox top yet?

Can you pick it off with mtl handler on bucket?

Haven't tried yet. No material handler on bucket.

I'll probably never take it off anyway. I just wanted the option, in case I did ever get a crane, log trailer etc (or maybe better resale someday). It looks like it would be pretty simple though.. just those four handled latches. Its in two pieces, with four corner lifting eyes on each.

I could always do something with the backhoe and telephone poles maybe..

Last edited:
Nice looking trucks MDS!

Roped about a 1200 pound top out of a large pine yesterday. Groundy did not let it run at all... Jerked me out of my spikes... My forearms look like ground hamburger today... I hired another groundy this morning with rope experience. Something had to give.

Nice looking trucks MDS!

Roped about a 1200 pound top out of a large pine yesterday. Groundy did not let it run at all... Jerked me out of my spikes... My forearms look like ground hamburger today... I hired another groundy this morning with rope experience. Something had to give.

To big of a top, you should of seen that comin not the groundys fault.

Was a little too busy for pics... (gotta get a couple though).
attachment.php

Sweet set up mds, you must bust azz between all your posts to pay for that. Glad I'm going solo, reading about you guys having nothing to do all winter and still rolling that equipment is a true inspiration.

Sweet set up mds, you must bust azz between all your posts to pay for that. Glad I'm going solo, reading about you guys having nothing to do all winter and still rolling that equipment is a true inspiration.

Not so much so far this year unfortunately... the years have not been entirely wasted though.

Best of wishes and welcome to the party!!

BTW: good point about the top being too big. I don't give them ####ers the chance if I dont trust em. Go higher!

Latest posts

Back