whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How real customers posting real reviews? whats your problem anyway idk why everyone giving him crap he a guy just like you and me trying to make a living? whats wrong with that?

The problem is he has no clue what he's doing, can't purchase the right equipment for the job, claims 40 years of experience, spews stupid #### out every time he opens his mouth, has jack for equipment and expertise and the loser is 64 years old. He has nothing of value to offer to any conversation on arboriculture unless you want to end up a 64 year old tree guy on a lawnmower. If that's your aspirations then by all means, the dude probably has some good advice for you. Take note. lol

Very weird. If that skidder is stuck it is because the operator is clueless, not just to get hung up, but to not be able to get out. No real operator will be fooled to believe that this unit is really stuck.

I didn't even find it believeable enough to bother arguing about.

Besides, I thought the whole purpose of that studly lawn mower was it's supposed to be so turf friendly... now this old fruitloop is doing tractor pulls on the customer's lawn while the production crew films it??

I think AS should do a DNA test on this guy and FTA.. gotta be a connection there somewhere!

The problem is he has no clue what he's doing, can't purchase the right equipment for the job, claims 40 years of experience, spews stupid #### out every time he opens his mouth, has jack for equipment and expertise and the loser is 64 years old. He has nothing of value to offer to any conversation on arboriculture unless you want to end up a 64 year old tree guy on a lawnmower. If that's your aspirations then by all means, the dude probably has some good advice for you. Take note. lol

Have you ever seen him work? No you havnt, so just cause he bought the wrong machine means he has no clue what hes doing? Ah i c now, the machine makes him a bad climber i get it.....:dizzy:

I didn't even find it believeable enough to bother arguing about.

Besides, I thought the whole purpose of that studly lawn mower was it's supposed to be so turf friendly... now this old fruitloop is doing tractor pulls on the customer's lawn while the production crew films it??

I think AS should do a DNA test on this guy and FTA.. gotta be a connection there somewhere!

Now that was funny tree MDS!

Have you ever seen him work? No you havnt, so just cause he bought the wrong machine means he has no clue what hes doing? Ah i c now, the machine makes him a bad climber i get it.....:dizzy:

I've seen the videos. Looks like a second year climber to me (at best). Either that or self taught from the internet.

The whole thing just reeks of pure, raw, hackness to me... I think that dude did alot of acid in the seventies too! just sayin'...

I pretty much went through his whole video catalog several months ago when he started posting here. Constant misnaming of trees, ordering of a crane for a 20 ft arborvitae, not knowing what barber chair is, completely obviously staged videos among a ton of other bull####. He doesn't belong here. Like I said, he has nothing to offer anyone on this site. Those stupid enough to believe his idiotic crap and are only setting themselves up for failure. He does this site and the other professionals here a complete disservice. If I was just coming across this site for the first time and saw this dude's posts I would write off the entire site as a bull#### fairy-fest of idiots who don't know their ass from a hole in the ground. In order to maintain and improve this websites credibility jack asses like this need to be called out and told how straight up ####ing retarded they and their set ups are.

I've seen the videos. Looks like a second year climber to me (at best). Either that or self taught from the internet.

The whole thing just reeks of pure, raw, hackness to me... I think that dude did alot of acid in the seventies too! just sayin'...

Yeah, and lots of rock in the 80's. I love the no helmet no shirt on the prison tat'ed roper with a WAY outta control swing. Gotta be an out of work factory lifer who found out how to cash raid late in the game. How many wild things you think he's got in the garage?:yoyo:

. In order to maintain and improve this websites credibility jack asses like this need to be called out and told how straight up ####ing retarded they and their set ups are.

we got more armchair arborists here than real climbers IMO. Y everyone picks on AA is what i want to know, i seen his videos too some of them are questionable BUT i worked with him in person not a video or a chat on the net. Ive worked with some of the best climbers in pittsburgh, learned from some of the best. AA is not the best but by far he is not the worse, no insurance claims, no major F-ups. He runs a legit biz and performs quality work. In the end is that all that matters? Hes not out running with out insurance under bidding jobs and using craftsman chainsaws. As far as i know he doesnt hack trees for no reason and on the one job i was on he was pruning spikeless, hes not a hack.

Nevermind.

What's the biggest chunk of wood and estimated weight you guys have rigged onto a block? Mds, Prentice, MD, Vet, OD, Reg? Just curious. I was lucky enough to be able to just pop these big ####ers off into a hole on the ground but the green log weight chart tells me they were in the 2K the 3K range. 4 total came off before I could drop the spar. The WLL of my aluminum block is 2000kg ( 4400 lbs ) and my rope only 1500 lbs. Would have had to do a double block/ double porty set up in order to take them that size and I'd still be pushing the limits of my rigging which I don't like to do. Best option to buy heavier rope or just take 'em smaller? C'mon, who's #### is bigger? What's the heaviest piece you ever put on rigging. Bonus points if you have an accompanying pic.

attachment.php

Oh stop. I pull my 31k six wheel drive bucket out all the time with my four banger toyota and home depot yellow pull rope... nothings impossible on the internet. You should know that by now!

I did pull my bucket home loaded with chips and the 1230 with my dually when the ECBM module went at the gas station I was late for football practice with my son and needed to get home , that truck weighs 19K empty and with 3tons more on it in chips and the chipper , it was heavy but that 496 did it like it was made for it , true story

we got more armchair arborists here than real climbers IMO. Y everyone picks on AA is what i want to know, i seen his videos too some of them are questionable BUT i worked with him in person not a video or a chat on the net. Ive worked with some of the best climbers in pittsburgh, learned from some of the best. AA is not the best but by far he is not the worse, no insurance claims, no major F-ups. He runs a legit biz and performs quality work. In the end is that all that matters? Hes not out running with out insurance under bidding jobs and using craftsman chainsaws. As far as i know he doesnt hack trees for no reason and on the one job i was on he was pruning spikeless, hes not a hack.

Agreed.. we got more to complain about that somebody who does the job not the way we would; as long as it is not unsafe.

We can coach any poster along, and recommend. But lets not ridicule too much, or be careful when we do. Sometimes, just sometimes what works for one would be totally unsuitable for another.

Nevermind.

What's the biggest chunk of wood and estimated weight you guys have rigged onto a block? Mds, Prentice, MD, Vet, OD, Reg? Just curious. I was lucky enough to be able to just pop these big ####ers off into a hole on the ground but the green log weight chart tells me they were in the 2K the 3K range. 4 total came off before I could drop the spar. The WLL of my aluminum block is 2000kg ( 4400 lbs ) and my rope only 1500 lbs. Would have had to do a double block/ double porty set up in order to take them that size and I'd still be pushing the limits of my rigging which I don't like to do. Best option to buy heavier rope or just take 'em smaller? C'mon, who's #### is bigger? What's the heaviest piece you ever put on rigging. Bonus points if you have an accompanying pic.

attachment.php

I have a cert. in practical rigging you could'nt possibly set up a double block correctly for them to share the shock load , that set up is for when the load is distributed between the 2 in a lowering scenario thats it , if its heavy enough you could set 4 blocks up and still blow one , or a rope ... There are guys that think that helps but there wrong , the best way to lower heavy is let them run and burn in bump them off the ground and slow them down with the rope .... for instance a 2000. lb piece being dropped 6ft weighs more than 8000.lbs when caught , and man that weighs 180 lbs dropped from 6 ft. weighs more that 700 lbs when caught in a harness ... That little bull rope ya got there may be able to stop you in a fall scenario, maybe

Last edited:
Nevermind.

attachment.php

I took a piece of dead elm that was probably in the 2-2800 lbs range once (was really pushing it though). You need the 6k cmi steel block and a 3/4 db for that #### though. Hard to tell from a pic, but I bet I could rope that piece safely with that setup.

I'm not even gonna bother trying to post pics on this thing anymore. Every time I get it down, they switch it up again right after. It's retarded!

Nevermind.

attachment.php

Well, you gotta remember that when you drop them, the shock load is much higher than the weight of the actual wood itself.

It really depends upon how far it drops before the rigging system catches up and stops fall and how it is rigged. Something that heavy, you should be letting it run; IMHO.

So while ghe green weight chart may say 2K, you may be hitting the rigging hardware with 5 or 10 times that load.

Also, do not overlook areas such as knots in your line, which will reduce the load capacity it can safely handle.

Check out software to help you here: Rigging Software v 1.0 : SherrillTree Tree Care Equipment

Last edited:
The only reason why we get away with what we think is the safe working load is because the true rigging limit is almost triple what they actually put on the tag , buts that is for a single instant , once the rigging has reached that limit once it is trash and only working on borrowed time

Well, you gotta remember that when you drop them, the shock load is much higher than the weight of the actual wood itself.

It really depends upon how far it drops before the rigging system catches up and stops fall and how it is rigged.

So while ghe green weight chart may say 2K, you may be hitting the rigging hardware with 10 times that load.

Also, do not overlook areas such as knots in your line, which will reduce the load capacity it can safely handle.

Check out software to help you here: Rigging Software v 1.0 : SherrillTree Tree Care Equipment

And eye splice is the weakest part of any scenario, a choked or "turned " rope either steel or fiber reduces that safe working load by almost 70% .... The worst thing for rigging is dirt , there are more that 100k cutting edges in a single handful of dirt

And eye splice is the weakest part of any scenario, a choked or "turned " rope either steel or fiber reduces that safe working load by almost 70% .... The worst thing for rigging is dirt , there are more that 100k cutting edges in a single handful of dirt

It does weaken that point. Not sure if it weakest point, depends upon setup. The pulley/block actually has double shock of rope as it is taking rope twice. As does the attachment point/sling that holds block in place.

The rope used is a factor, wll is an obvious one, stretch of rope, if it is wet or dry.. etc.

Bigger rope or smaller chunks, have roped whole trees out b4 but not in a 'negitive blocking' set up so no shock loading. Set a rope high in a nearby tree tie off the tree your taking down and cut er from the ground. Love doin that.

Nevermind.

attachment.php

Here is another calculator to give some idea - it is pure physics without benefit of other things such as rope type, etc in the software. But gives some idea of forces involved for those who have never stopped to think about it.

Energy of falling object

Now you say 2-3K range, so will say 1100kg - which is 2420 lbs.
Not sure how far you dropping.. but will suggest 2 metres. (your may be less but this gives example to use in calculator)

Now if (at bottom of this calculator) the distance travelled after impact is 0.1 metres then the impact force is 215,600 newtons.
By increasing that distance to 0.5 metres the force drops to 43,120 newtons.
And increasint that same distance to 2 metres brings it down to 10,780 newtons.

Now 1 newton = 0.225 pounds force

So at 0.1 metres - one would have arond 100,000 lbf!! At 0.5 metres it drops to around 20,000 lbf and at 2 metres to less than 5,000 lbf.
Still a lot of weight on the equipment.

Now this is not precise science for rigging; but gives some concept of the forces involved and the huge benefits of letting the load travel after impact. I am not certain how this travel distance relates to us letting load run, but I would think it would at least provide some of the conceptual benefits involved.

Last edited:
Back