whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks im sure im not the only tree guy on this site who has been left, i know about 5 in Pittsburgh, just trying to stay focused support my kids and stay outa the bottle/bar. the other day i realized how guys become alcoholics when there wife leaves quiet ass house nothing to do but sit there in think where you went wrong, not a good thing. Boss said hope it doesn't affect my work, the only time im not thinking bout her is when my feet leave the ground, what a mind clearing experience climbing is kinda therapeutic, to bad its the weekend of the 4th and i have 3 days with no work

Sorry to hear ya got troubles, maybe ya didn't go wrong, anyway the only thing certain is, it will pass. Just carry on, your kids need you, try to stay out of arguments it only makes things worse. Anyway hope things get better for you.

Sorry to hear termie hell get a 110 stumps and call me lol I will drive up there grind em @ 20 per stump or so if they ain't all over creation lol:) Depending on mileage I get 7 mpg lol. U charge em 50 and sit back and laugh at my dusted azz:)

Sounds like a plan.

That 665 was a monster and I really wanted to put it to work. I like simple older equipment. I know alot of the new stuff struggles to enjoy the reliability that a simple machine has the potential to offer. I'm pissed on that note alone, then you add the sting of a salesman for a reputable company knowingly and willingly sending you that far for scrap metal and it calls for a long weekend.

Had this been the end of the season and I did well, I'd take it on for alot less and rebuild it myself, but I have zero time and extra funds for total overhaul at this point.

I at least was able to make my rounds and calls on upcoming work to touch base with people that were waiting for work to be done, estimates to be done, or a call back before I called it a week. I've hit the road for the quad cities till tuesday. Perfect timing for a break from it all.

Maybe the best part is that my 13 yr old son got to witness the event from start to finish. I loved his simple reaction. Oil is flinging, stack's smoking, and he's like "You're not going to buy this, are you?" :laugh:

thanks im sure im not the only tree guy on this site who has been left, i know about 5 in Pittsburgh, just trying to stay focused support my kids and stay outa the bottle/bar. the other day i realized how guys become alcoholics when there wife leaves quiet ass house nothing to do but sit there in think where you went wrong, not a good thing. Boss said hope it doesn't affect my work, the only time im not thinking bout her is when my feet leave the ground, what a mind clearing experience climbing is kinda therapeutic, to bad its the weekend of the 4th and i have 3 days with no work

Been there...not with my wife, but I've been there. I'm on the verge with my wife from time to time, but she's come around here in the last week. I've been there enough to where I could care less, and she knows it.

Don't want to care less, but I'm fully capable.

Stay in the tree, you're safe there.

I have full custody of my son and his bio mom is non existant. How?

I was raised by a single dad, did two papers in college on the subject, and turned around and did my homework once I became one. I've read a couple of great books on the subject and had a long dinner with Jeffery Leving himself here in the quad cities. My wife actually arranged that and is a bigger advocate for father's rights than I have time for. Nevertheless I suggest you read his books and go to his site for info:

Fathers Rights: Jeffery M. Leving - Leading Family Law & Divorce Attorneys (Fathers Rights Advocates - Chicago IL)

I ended up in phoenix one night and shared this info with a guy that hung out with us for a little bon fire. He had his kids a year later.

You hold on, they are going to need all of you. Too often the wife or girl "friend" goes off the deep end and we are left to pick up the pieces.

Also, maybe you did screw up some, but don't beat yourself up. It takes two. I've been there with a completely empty house save a couch, a tv, and a good cat. (I'm not a cat person, but she took everything else and wanted the cat too, but I kept him....he turned out alright.)

It's tough. If you go out and have a few and get some, don't be too hard on yourself about that either. Just don't do something stupid.

Fall off the face of her earth. Drives them nuts.

She left you, but that doesn't mean you're not getting the better end of that deal.

Stay positive....about everything. I prayed alot about it too and I can't say God didn't have a hand in things, despite my short comings.

He works in mysterious ways.

Last edited:

Sorry to hear about your troubles.Been there done that ........TWICE.

The second one was very very tough.Only thing worse than feeling like a loser ,is to feel like a two time loser.

Happens to the best of us bro. It does not feel like it now,but life will go on and things will work theirselves out.

Keep one very important thing in mind.It will be the hardest but most important.
Be civil and respectful to her in front of your kids.It is an absolute MUST.Just bite your tounge when talking about her in anyway to or in front of them.
They are what is important now,and you will gain NOTHING by trash talking her.
If you love your kids[and I'm sure you do] ,they will know it .Don't make it competition for them to judge.Save her nasties for the judge if need be.

PM me if you need anything.
Keep your head up.
Trust God.He knows what you're going thru.

Has anybody here tried echo's new 360t ? More CCs than the 200,1/2 the price.
I looked at one but didn't have the 3 bills to HOPE it would be an adequate climbing saw.I just grinded my teeth and put out the 6 1/2 for a new 200.The old one has been a great saw but decided to run lean on me for some reason after 18 mo.and yes ,it has one of the tanks that want to go thru flippy caps for some reason.
Brian13 is looking at it and hopefully can get it back into shape for a backup.
Would like some input about the new echoEven if it dont match up to the 200 ,it may out do the lil 192 for lite trimming .

I have run the 350t's on and off for about 7 years, they run well and dont give much trouble but the brake sucks. Its like they dont want it to be used. One of my guys has put 2 years solid work with one, mufflers rattled loose once but thats about it.

TE....if staying outta the bar becomes an overwelming problem then maybe a meeting is the answer. The worse thing is your problem on a drunk and then a hangover.....then dealing with her and the kids. They use the kids against you....it is in their nature.

Best of luck and don't go into a cocoon...talk about it with friends.

TE....if staying outta the bar becomes an overwelming problem then maybe a meeting is the answer. The worse thing is your problem on a drunk and then a hangover.....then dealing with her and the kids. They use the kids against you....it is in their nature.

Best of luck and don't go into a cocoon...talk about it with friends.

thats the worse part i moved to pittsburgh cpl years ago and all my real freinds are back in the poconos, nota phone person so in reality i have no1 here except my 5yo to talk to and i cant really talk to her about it. Wife is my best freind and cant talk to her about it ether. As for now im not having trouble staying outa the bar, im just beat up about it, i married my HS sweetheart and thought it was forever, never knew what love was till then, she is just being very cold hearted bout it all and it makes it worse.

Biggie, round here if you see a used piece of equipment you like on a Vermeer ad they will bring it to you and you can demo it for a couple of days. May have to be an established customer tho? I have had many many neg issues with Vermeer but always got them straightened them out. Bought my used 665 b from them and used it for a year and it lost compression and blew oil within a year. Asked them what cost to repair and it was in the realm of 15 hun to 2k.

They fixed it and bill was over 7k on a complete rebuild (they were gonna sleeve it I think). I went off on em and told them to come get it and keep it. They let me pay the 2k.

Another time I saw a used pict of a bc2k. Told them I wanted to see it. They drove it down and it looked beat (it def was NOT the same unit I saw). Demo'ed it for a couple of days and it turned out to be great but just bashed up, but less than 3k hours. We shined it up a little and it has had zero issues in 4th year we had it.

Have had countless issues with them over the years but have always ironed them out which is not usually the case with me as I can say things I regret when I lose my temper.

thats the worse part i moved to pittsburgh cpl years ago and all my real freinds are back in the poconos, nota phone person so in reality i have no1 here except my 5yo to talk to and i cant really talk to her about it. Wife is my best freind and cant talk to her about it ether. As for now im not having trouble staying outa the bar, im just beat up about it, i married my HS sweetheart and thought it was forever, never knew what love was till then, she is just being very cold hearted bout it all and it makes it worse.

My hs sweet heart broke up with me at 18 when I moved away and I was broken hearted for 17 years thru another marriage and then got back together with her at a hs reunion set up by old friends and now have been married for 25 years last week...so I know what you mean. There was nobody but her no matter how/who I tried. She haunted my dreams. I stared at the wires on guard in VNam thinking about her.

No pain compared toi that but dedicating yourself to your kids and work and religion and staying off any booze etc will help the situation and make you feel better. Stupid thought but have you ever tried distance running? Meditation is another relaxer I use at stressful times. Praying yet another. Give me a call if you'd like to talk....my # is on my website on the bottom of this post.

Big time tennis match on right NOW. Not much of a tennis player but I love big sports events and love one on one sports. Some good fights on UFC last night tool

I love double A. While you guys whine about the struggle to get work, call him a low baller and that market is in the crapper he goes out and buys a 15k garden tractor, in your face . Truth is this site is just the right fit for double A. I hit up AS for a good laugh and to keep it casual. Why you guys get worked up over a guy like this is beyond me. Most likely you like being the big fish in a small pond. Move along if you want a site for seasoned tree men.

Your so full of #### ,what sites , there are alot of "seasoned " tree men here , your just bitter because you get hammer ####ed here and the other sites are full of ######s that have nothing to say ... You can move on because your skin is a little thin that's for sure , you hit and run because your afraid of reading the responses you'll surely get...... whatever...

Biggie, round here if you see a used piece of equipment you like on a Vermeer ad they will bring it to you and you can demo it for a couple of days. May have to be an established customer tho? I have had many many neg issues with Vermeer but always got them straightened them out. Bought my used 665 b from them and used it for a year and it lost compression and blew oil within a year. Asked them what cost to repair and it was in the realm of 15 hun to 2k.

They fixed it and bill was over 7k on a complete rebuild (they were gonna sleeve it I think). I went off on em and told them to come get it and keep it. They let me pay the 2k.

Another time I saw a used pict of a bc2k. Told them I wanted to see it. They drove it down and it looked beat (it def was NOT the same unit I saw). Demo'ed it for a couple of days and it turned out to be great but just bashed up, but less than 3k hours. We shined it up a little and it has had zero issues in 4th year we had it.

Have had countless issues with them over the years but have always ironed them out which is not usually the case with me as I can say things I regret when I lose my temper.

No way tv, u temper? That just can't be and what is regret, there is always the opportunity to make amends! Hey vet a day without a resentment is a wasted day bro :)

Wow...

Yeah, I figured that this piece would also serve to get me established as a customer with a decent banker. I was also talking about what chipper I wanted to upgrade to and showed interest in the 600tx. This could have been the beginning of something good for both parties.

I was told that I needed at least a grand down on a check that they would hold to bring it from Ft. Wayne. I figured that would be fine. Then a guy had it on hold when we called on it and it somehow ended up in evansville because he "couldn't get the financing."

Then it became "cut a check for the total and we'll bring it on a lowboy next time we are down there for something." And there's no option to demo. ....really??

I'm thinking this isn't worth their time for the price, so if I want it, I'll have to do the leg work. So I did it in a timely manner as to have the option to cut them off at the pass if I'm getting a raw deal.

I'm just done with them period. I'm still fumed and also have a tendency to go off.

About the only way they could make it right would be if the manager from evansville makes some calls and brings this up to someone higher up and they call to apologize for this crap. I'd be happy to demo a 352 or a 60tx for long weekends as a gesture of goodwill. Then make me a deal I can't refuse.

But that's a pipe dream and I've already exhaled.

I've spent thousands in there over the last few years, parts for the 1400, teeth for rental grinders, and plenty of gear. And this is the way I get treated?

I'm thinking about getting some stickers made up like vermeer with a red slash circle over it, or something like "NOT powered by vermeer." Just for fun.

I like the bandits better anyway. Might share this event with the coop guys and show them what bandit's up to with their larger units. Also going to let the rental places know about this...and how nice the rayco stumping units are. I'm not going to get ridiculous, but I'm not finished spreading the word by any means.

They need to get the message that every time they do someone like this it’s going to cost them. Perhaps the impression my son now has will cost them the most...lol.

Stay away from the 600tx Bigs, problems. One of my biggest competitors has one, bought it new. One of their grunties told me the thing is a huge pos. I used to wonder why I'd see em' without it, cuz they take it to every job, whether its needed or not, and its because the thing is always broke down. I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that I beat the holy hell out of my Bobcat, but 4 years later the only thing Ive had to replace is the tracks and filters. Oh, and one hose. But if you ask me they didnt make it long enuf. I gotta say, that is one helluva machine. Gonna be a pita when the starter goes tho. Tighter than a German virgin on her wedding night gettin to that XXXXX. Gotta have the hands of a 8 year old Japanese midget to get that thing out.

Starter went on my Bobcat MT50. 2 bolts. First one came out in 5 minutes. I worked on the second for 4 hrs. before giving up and calling Bobcat of Cleveland. I thought they would have some special wrench for the job. Nope. Guy was trying the same approaches that I'd already done with the same results and I'm watching the bill go up by the minute. I finally told him to get his air chisel out and break the starter castings apart. That's the quickest and if it's a new starter there's no core charge. I think it was 400 bucks for the starter and another 300 for the service call. I hate paying for something I can do myself.
Phil

Had a valve bank go on my MT50 earlier this year. Spent about 4 hours on it myself before giving up and hauling it to the bobcat dealer/service center. 1200 bucks later it was working again. Mini's are the #### but there's an awful lotta parts jammed in those little units.

Back