whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scariest thing about owning a mini, is wondering where the thing is, and what its doing when it goes down, cuz if your like me, you drive that ##### where nothing else (that can drag it) can go. Hope the GRCS can drag that ##### backwards a few feet in case thats the only way to get the boom down, cuz you cant open the hood with the boom up. Hey Blakes, what was wrong with the valves?

Stay away from the 600tx Bigs, problems. One of my biggest competitors has one, bought it new. One of their grunties told me the thing is a huge pos. I used to wonder why I'd see em' without it, cuz they take it to every job, whether its needed or not, and its because the thing is always broke down. I'd be a liar if I didn't admit that I beat the holy hell out of my Bobcat, but 4 years later the only thing Ive had to replace is the tracks and filters. Oh, and one hose. But if you ask me they didnt make it long enuf. I gotta say, that is one helluva machine. Gonna be a pita when the starter goes tho. Tighter than a German virgin on her wedding night gettin to that XXXXX. Gotta have the hands of a 8 year old Japanese midget to get that thing out.

I've heard good and bad. Sounds like a lemon. I like the platform and controls, but I'm moving on to something else. Vermeer is history. Local bobcat is mostly owned and run by a close family friend, so it looks like the obvious solution as far as mini's go. They are going to hear of my wild goose chase too. I've lived in this area my whole life, big mistake to send me to evansville after junk.

Thing that sux bout the kitty is the Bob-tach system. Cant score cheap attachments at auction like the other guys with their 'universal blah blah blah....'

I've heard good and bad. Sounds like a lemon. I like the platform and controls,

I hated the controls. Did you know that when they first came out, they rushed on it to compete, and the first gen tracks and tires fell off due the the bolts being to small and snapping? That was strait from the salesman.:msp_ohmy:

I hated the controls. Did you know that when they first came out, they rushed on it to compete, and the first gen tracks and tires fell off due the the bolts being to small and snapping? That was strait from the salesman.:msp_ohmy:

I'm not surprised. Can't say I've run one yet, but the controls look simple and easy. What didn't you like about them?

Ill not buy any new vermeer again unless its sold and renamed. I like my stumper but the motor blew a head gasket with just a hair over 200 hours did the dealer fix it? Nope I did. clutch shattered with 100 hours u joint snapped at 125 hours greased regular too. The head gasket and clutch pissed me off if I wore the clutch ok but it shattered the metal disintegrated. I will keep the machine because it grinds very fast, oh the ignition switch is out now 230 hours I put a standard ignition in it for now as the veermeer one is 200 and some change. Like I said I will try bandit , rayco, Carleton when I wear the veermeer out. imo you should not have problems on a diesel for minimum 1000 hours.

Today I just did yard work around the house and got ready for my bar-b-q party. For the first time this summer I had some free time and it felt great to spend it with my wife, kids, friends, and family. Watched fireworks 2 nights in a row and enjoyed my spending time with the people I care for.

Wish you guys the best who are out pounding it hard this year, as it has been a good one for me.

On another note, I spanked down a 95 foot White Pine in a tight spot with live power the other day and then cleaned up swimming with a bar of soap in the lake at the clients property. It was a great primitive time, the kind that make you feel alive.

Scariest thing about owning a mini, is wondering where the thing is, and what its doing when it goes down, cuz if your like me, you drive that ##### where nothing else (that can drag it) can go. Hope the GRCS can drag that ##### backwards a few feet in case thats the only way to get the boom down, cuz you cant open the hood with the boom up. Hey Blakes, what was wrong with the valves?

One of the 3 bolts that holds the one valve bank together snapped for some reason. Of course it was the least accessible valve bank and pretty much all the hydraulic lines had to be pulled out of the machine to get to it.

I had an mt50 and Dingo at same time and there is no comparison in performance. Dingo way superior machine. Don't know what the mt 52 is like. But it says a lot that Cinci Bobcat a giant dealer that sold Dingo for many years, built their own mini by Bobcat and continued to sell the Dingo which is where I bought it, and my brand new stx 26 toro/dingo mini stumper.

Btw, Sat a lady client called me and raved and raved about the mini tracked stumper and what a job it did going thru a gate and INTO her garden behind plants and took out a whole row of 10 stumps next to a fence. I couldn't even get a word in. Told her to tell other people about it.

This thing is gonna make mass bucks....it is a no lose situation. We are literally head over heals in love with it. My gm goes on and on about it. One of those things where you just stare at when you aren't using it like a new motorcycle.

I had an mt50 and Dingo at same time and there is no comparison in performance. Dingo way superior machine. Don't know what the mt 52 is like. But it says a lot that Cinci Bobcat a giant dealer that sold Dingo for many years, built their own mini by Bobcat and continued to sell the Dingo which is where I bought it, and my brand new stx 26 toro/dingo mini stumper.

Btw, Sat a lady client called me and raved and raved about the mini tracked stumper and what a job it did going thru a gate and INTO her garden behind plants and took out a whole row of 10 stumps next to a fence. I couldn't even get a word in. Told her to tell other people about it.

This thing is gonna make mass bucks....it is a no lose situation. We are literally head over heals in love with it. My gm goes on and on about it. One of those things where you just stare at when you aren't using it like a new motorcycle.

It has my attention. I'm watching some dingos on ebay, they aren't out of the running. I'd like to see that stx26 in action.

It has my attention. I'm watching some dingos on ebay, they aren't out of the running. I'd like to see that stx26 in action.

Dingo's are awesome. I rent the 525 wide track here from time to time and it has WAY more power than my mt50. The controls are much more intuitive too. TV's got a sweet setup with the 525 narrow track. Less stability but better access. For me it came down to what was available in my price range and I do not regret my bobcat purchase the least bit. Talk to arbor pro. That guy comes across mini's like it's his job. lol

Dingo's are awesome. I rent the 525 wide track here from time to time and it has WAY more power than my mt50. The controls are much more intuitive too. TV's got a sweet setup with the 525 narrow track. Less stability but better access. For me it came down to what was available in my price range and I do not regret my bobcat purchase the least bit. Talk to arbor pro. That guy comes across mini's like it's his job. lol

I hear ya, he's wanting to sell me one. I've one foot in the market, but I have access to a large loader tractor for now. The stump grinder is the missing piece, but if I find a great deal on a mini with a grapple first, I'll be hard pressed to pass it up.

I hear ya, he's wanting to sell me one. I've one foot in the market, but I have access to a large loader tractor for now. The stump grinder is the missing piece, but if I find a great deal on a mini with a grapple first, I'll be hard pressed to pass it up.

Yup. Unless you know a good, reliable stump man, ( which if I remember correctly you were having issues with your guy ) a stumper is a must. Customer's don't want to wait 3 weeks for the stump to be ground and you don't want to wait 3 weeks for the check.

Here is the first stump we did after they demo'ed it with their machine which was dull.

I will make a better vid with mine which is razor sharp and we got some time with finesse running the machine now. This is a no access stump to tow behind even my 630a on toyota pu.

YouTube - ‪001‬‏

YouTube - ‪002‬‏

Here is the first stump we did after they demo'ed it with their machine which was dull.

I will make a better vid with mine which is razor sharp and we got some time with finesse running the machine now. This is a no access stump to tow behind even my 630a on toyota pu.

YouTube - ‪001‬‏

YouTube - ‪002‬‏

Nice. Now is that machine dedicated to the stumper, or do you also use it as a loader too (I missed that part)?

YouTube - ‪001‬‏

YouTube - ‪002‬‏

Not bad at all! Thank you. That seems to be about as good as any 252 gets along anyway. I'll have to consider this for a smaller unit.

Not bad at all! Thank you. That seems to be about as good as any 252 gets along anyway. I'll have to consider this for a smaller unit.

I made the mistake of renting one of them 252 things once. It seemed like it took 20 mins to gring a 12" white birch stump (that went into ground like telephone pole) down enough so you could maybe put a patch of sod over the damn thing. Pathetic IMO.

Back