whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats pretty funny! I was thinking about breathing on whoevers over there to get out of it! Too bad its a repeat custy. Been doing there work since 02. This'll be the 7th time ive worked that yard.

Ever feel like your customers are just trying to bring your alchoholism issue to the surface?? lol.

I love it when I get to the shop in the morning and see that some ass thought it would be a good idea to call the tree service # at 9:45 pm, blabbering on and on about some stupid tree they're getting all neurotic about all the sudden (probably drunk themselves)!

I plan on getting the big self propello when mine dies like 80 hp but I like my tow behind too so I may refurbish it first. On my golf courses nothing out does a good tow unit imo. That is 5 k of income each and every year!

2 stupid calls this week

Complete stranger called me about an hour ago. He wondered if I would be willing to come split the wood in his back yard. He told me one of the "BIG" tree services cut down a couple of trees but he didn't want to split it. Sorry, not interested.

Other call was on a job I bid in the spring. Young single mother with no money. I gave her a cheap price and put her off for a month. Called to schedule and she told me the tree was already down and someone did it for the firewood. Her brother called me this week and told me the tree wasn't down. The guy backed out and he wants to pay to have it done while his sister's on vacation but I need to come this week. Sorry, not interested.
Phil

I plan on getting the big self propello when mine dies like 80 hp but I like my tow behind too so I may refurbish it first. On my golf courses nothing out does a good tow unit imo. That is 5 k of income each and every year!

I done over 2k in 2 days with the little Dingo besides doing other work. Never thought of stump grinding as a money maker, just something you had to do because so many people have big stumpers, myself included.

Diff story with this little toy. Tons and tons of totally enclosed backyards.

But you obviously more rural than me.

I done over 2k in 2 days with the little Dingo besides doing other work. Never thought of stump grinding as a money maker, just something you had to do because so many people have big stumpers, myself included.

Diff story with this little toy. Tons and tons of totally enclosed backyards.

But you obviously more rural than me.

Lol we build gates here even in town lol besides I am a pretty good fence builder too lol:cheers: Stumps don't pay here what yall get too many 252 ers that do a stump for 25 to fifty bucks I would rather pay them on the odd ones I can't get too.

Ever feel like your customers are just trying to bring your alchoholism issue to the surface?? lol.

I love it when I get to the shop in the morning and see that some ass thought it would be a good idea to call the tree service # at 9:45 pm, blabbering on and on about some stupid tree they're getting all neurotic about all the sudden (probably drunk themselves)!

Well that was easy! It wasnt a hanging Oak, it was this awesome Black Cherry that grew sideways and bent up. Was a cool tree, now its a canidate for removal. Half fell into the neighbors Buckthorn and Boxelder, saving the house, barley. No aerial,THANK GOD!!!!. Woulda been SLOW! Heart just wasnt there today, but a 3 day drunk will do that to ya. Other neighbor grabs me and takes me on an esti. SOLD EM! Gonna hate to see that one in the light of day.... Gotta feeling those trees are going to grow on me b4 I get back to do em'. I hate throwing out prices just to get out of there.....I forgot to mention, MDS, you've had the 10pm drunk dialer too, huh? You can have a bit of fun with that one. "Hi, Im wasted and its 10:43pm, and I'd like an estimate" "good, I cant here you, the jukebox at this bar is too loud, could you speak up please?" LOL

Last edited:
The old man got his Steiner stuck at our land earlier today so I had to pull him out with my little yota. lol Thought it was funny due to AA's incessant praise of the machine. Gotta hit the hay shortly though. Leaving for CT in a few hours.

attachment.php

Spent most of day driving and doing estimates. But gotta do em.

Make sure you get your snake charming flute for next week!

We are doing a big job on an island...... and at the end of the conversation the lady says oh by the way we had a 2 and a half foot rattle snake at the base of one of the trees you are removing next week! (they did manage to take care of it though...) still I hate snakes, especially ones that bite! There hasn't been a rattler on this island in the 30 years the people have owned the cottage! Hope it's the first and last one!

Well I went back to that storm call from yesterday to clean it up. Some of you may recall that I dont have a chip truck rite now, so I had to brush load. Twisted my freakin' ankle gettin out of the bed of the truck and it hurts something awful. Always look like a true pro when your rolling around on your custys lawn for 5 minutes holding your foot. That was 4 hours ago and it still hurts like hell. Good thing other custys are cool with waiting for the truck to get done , cuz climbing on this would suuuuuccccckkkkk........

Well I went back to that storm call from yesterday to clean it up. Some of you may recall that I dont have a chip truck rite now, so I had to brush load. Twisted my freakin' ankle gettin out of the bed of the truck and it hurts something awful. Always look like a true pro when your rolling around on your custys lawn for 5 minutes holding your foot. That was 4 hours ago and it still hurts like hell. Good thing other custys are cool with waiting for the truck to get done , cuz climbing on this would suuuuuccccckkkkk........

lol why did you twist your ankle? Oh I see you jumped welcome to getting older club lol I used to hop out and in like a rabbit. Last time I hopped muh balls hurt ten minutes after. Rope don't jump no more lol!

Sold work today... I'm a happy camper... Nice when it comes easy because it's not always like that. Three jobs within a mile of me and another one within two miles. :)

It doesn't get any easier than that...

Sold work today... I'm a happy camper... Nice when it comes easy because it's not always like that. Three jobs within a mile of me and another one within two miles. :)

Made a four hour drive to pick up some ramps for my trailer. Paid $900 for them (a matched pair) and turned around for another four hour drive home. I was sort of bummed because a beautiful day was spent on the road and not working and making money. I've got a backlog of evaluations to do and I couldn't even catch up on some of those. Then, about a half hour from home the phone rang and it was a neighbor not even one mile from me with a problem tree. It's a referral from another local customer, and as soon as I got home I dropped off the trailer and shot over there to evaluate the tree.

She accepted an offer of complete removal for $2000, and she wants it done right away. There's more work to be done on her property and the $2k didn't include grinding the stump. I'll sell her on that when we drop the tree.

So I'm a happy camper too tree md, It was a slam dunk because of the referral, I spent like 10 min. with her and locked the job. The guy across the street wants the wood too, so that makes it even easier

Back