whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job Deevo. Here is typical job we did yesterday.....on any given day. Just got a new cheapo camera that is waterproof, shockproof, etc and less than 200 clams. Nice that you can edit in cam and join clips together. Always lookin for website mtl.

This my neighbor's (Delta AL pilot) home across the street from mine which is house in vid on corner that is white and brick w big oak in front. We took a giant oak out in front of his house w crane a couple of years ago. He has bee hives which were right next to crano. Very tight lz and he did not want any damage to shrubs which screen neighbor's deck. Slate roof both houses. Also took a big no bark deady out in back.

‪018‬‏ - YouTube

Very nice Dave. Now all you need is a Steiner to tote that wood around the house for you... ;)

Speaking of that Larry.....yesterday we had to remove a big tree that uprooted and was laying on the house way above it and even lower off it. You could not even see the base cause it was in a ravine covered with huge euonymos vines.

I was worried the whole time that it would go down sideways as it was moving all over the place and if it did I woulda been

STEINERED (substitute "Munsoned" http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=munsoned)

for sure.:laugh:

I am tempted to buy one now!lol!I have never seen them in Canada though!

nobody wants to get "Steinered" up there. Smart people.

Guy came into check our ac unit in back yard and we got 2 dogs. He stepped in a steamin pile and got steinered. :hmm3grin2orange:

Don't know bout you guys but when I am on full speed I can't sleep much as my system won't slow down. Went to sleep last night at 2:30 and just got up at 6:30. Makes for a tough day.

Right now as I love to watch top level sports, I am watching the British Open Golf Tourney on ESPN HD. It is a links course and it is raining and blowing like links courses are famous for. Worth just takin a look at it to see how real golf was played back in the beginning. It starts this early because....well....it is in G. Britain.

I used to play a lot of golf with all the greenskeepers around the city as I did many of their course's tree work. Turned out to be how drunk and stoned you could get and still play golf (or even talk lol). Had to give it up. Still like to watch the majors tho.

I am sad, upset , and disapointed. As Im typing, I have 2 guys on a job. I woke up this morning, and realized(for the 17 millionth time) that I am a alcholic.. I am at the point where money is nothing, I like working, but I think ive gone over the wrong side of the fense. Im ready to sell everything I own dirt cheap and live in a tent down by the train trax and drink untill the $ runs out. Im depressed , again. I just want to die. What do you do in this sit?

I am sad, upset , and disapointed. As Im typing, I have 2 guys on a job. I woke up this morning, and realized(for the 17 millionth time) that I am a alcholic.. I am at the point where money is nothing, I like working, but I think ive gone over the wrong side of the fense. Im ready to sell everything I own dirt cheap and live in a tent down by the train trax and drink untill the $ runs out. Im depressed , again. I just want to die. What do you do in this sit?

What happened bro, you couldn't make it to work, or something from last night bothering you?

I feel your pain, and haven't figured my own way out of that one yet. Pretty much from the time I first picked up a saw I started drinking. 20+ years in, it's kinda hard to change now... though I have tried some, and probably will again (eventually).

Just stay on course the best ya can, and remember, you only live once, so make the best of it... even if it's not a perfect life.

That was a tight one Scott.

I am off today and the rest of the week. I am leaving for Atlanta either Monday or Tues.. Gonna spend some time with some old friends there. Actually, my best friend who I am staying with hasn't had a drink since 1999 Prentice. He is married with 10 kids now. Me, I still drink like a sailor... ;)

Anyway, Both jobs I set up yesterday want to wait to the first of the month when cash flow is a little better. Both are commercial jobs. That works just fine for me. I am ready for a little time off.

More framing for Habitat....included for excitement was a close encounter with a hammer that someone lost grip on while pounding a wall straight and it went sailing past my face, missing by inches....that would have hurt!(I was holding a level at the time which was in the line of fire....but never expected S. to loose control of the hammer)

Last edited:
More framing for Habitat....included for excitement was a close encounter with a hammer that someone lost grip on while pounding a wall straight and it went sailing past my face, missing by inches....that would have hurt!(I was holding a level at the time which was in the line of fire....but never expected S. to loose control of the hammer)

Growing up on the job site, literally! I seen a lot of hammers do some nasty things to flesh! The worst was my dad taking it the face, when a guy was setting trusses with a crane, he was hanging over the gable trying to spike it in, dad was under, on a ladder, with a six ft level, guy was taken full swings to bury them, slipped out, hit him dead smack in the bridge of the nose. Man it looked bad, he kept working and by the end of the day his face looked like Rocky's, at the end of a movie! That pic makes me think of the smell of fresh cut pine!

U already know what I think. I think what Mike is saying is to do something that gets u outa "self". I agree although I think it may be putting the cart before the horse. But if u do sell out in order to pursue drinking on a full time basis then I think u should help out some boy scouts and look for a few other "charity" type things to donate to. I doubt u would live long enough to spend all the money and i would hate to see any lawyers get it.

Latest posts

Back