whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Im looking at buying a 60-65' bucket before next season. Im trying to decide to get one with a forestry package or rear mount. Im also wondering where to buy one, private party or from another outfit. Thinking of spending 20-30k. Looking at getting some info from people, thank you.

Stuck at home today, but yesterday we got a good chunk done on a "yard trim". Pruned 2 white pines, 1 white ash, and 1 white oak, removed 1 white pine, and 1 hemlock, plus cleaned up all the crap from the ornamental pruning that was done earlier in the week. Still have to prune another 2 white pines, 1 red oak, and 1 red maple. While I was taking down the hemlock in the morning I heard somebody working a few doors down, and went to investigate. The scum that got the job up the road were back (1 month later) to get the stump out. They had built a ramp onto the top of the stump and were hacking away at it with a hammer drill, power washer, and a 252. Had a 20K+ lb rootball supported by a single 2x8. Just shook my head and walked away.

Im looking at buying a 60-65' bucket before next season. Im trying to decide to get one with a forestry package or rear mount. Im also wondering where to buy one, private party or from another outfit. Thinking of spending 20-30k. Looking at getting some info from people, thank you.

rr mount which excludes forestry package.

easier to finance thru dealer.

Anybody climb on Gecko's? They on sale at Sherrill again and thought bout either the aluminum or the titanium. Look like they might get stuck in the wood tho.:msp_confused:

Anybody climb on Gecko's? They on sale at Sherrill again and thought bout either the aluminum or the titanium. Look like they might get stuck in the wood tho.:msp_confused:

MDS does, and I used his a few times. Very nice. Should probably pull the trigger on a pair mayself to be honest.

get em you wont regret it, climbed on bashlins alum. with velcro wrap pads they were nice but when i got my geckos i said bashlin who? na leave them on the truck

Hey, you spend so much time on em why not have the ultimate. Doubt if the titaniums make a dif over the aluminums but prob the weight dif from standard spikes to the gecko's prob does. But I am really into it for the comfort level. Might just buy the ti's for snoot factor lol.:msp_thumbup:

Hey, you spend so much time on em why not have the ultimate. Doubt if the titaniums make a dif over the aluminums but prob the weight dif from standard spikes to the gecko's prob does. But I am really into it for the comfort level. Might just buy the ti's for snoot factor lol.:msp_thumbup:

You mean the carbon fiber ones you rich #######? lol

Just noticed the weight limit at 240lbs with gear. In full gear with a big saw I'm gonna be close to that limit. Probably nothing to worry about though.

You mean the carbon fiber ones you rich #######? lol

Just noticed the weight limit at 240lbs with gear. In full gear with a big saw I'm gonna be close to that limit. Probably nothing to worry about though.

You are right Chris....it's T2 that has titanium's but don't have the recessed spike.

Know how to lose 30 lbs of ugly fat? (if weight on the spikes is a worry to ya)

Cut off yer head. :bang::laugh:

Prolly a dumb question but...how serious do u think they are about that wieght limit on geckos? Serious enough to say something....or just covering there asz in the EXTREMELY unlikely event of a faliure? I think Geckos look like they would be great but I am a fat asz so IDK. I wiegh 250 in my boxers. Gear up and IDK what I wiegh. ESP if i call for a big saw. I guess if 300 pounds is just to much for em then thats the price I gotta pay (no geckos) for stopping at that darn homemade custard stand. Its perfectly located between my trucks and my house. Chocolate almond is the flavor of the week...hhmmmm sounds pretty good. Does anyone know of a wieght limit for Bashlins?

Prolly a dumb question but...how serious do u think they are about that wieght limit on geckos? Serious enough to say something....or just covering there asz in the EXTREMELY unlikely event of a faliure? I think Geckos look like they would be great but I am a fat asz so IDK. I wiegh 250 in my boxers. Gear up and IDK what I wiegh. ESP if i call for a big saw. I guess if 300 pounds is just to much for em then thats the price I gotta pay (no geckos) for stopping at that darn homemade custard stand. Its perfectly located between my trucks and my house. Chocolate almond is the flavor of the week...hhmmmm sounds pretty good. Does anyone know of a wieght limit for Bashlins?

We can only speculate on what Gecko's intentions were but I would be VERY hesitant to buy them at your weight. No offense. Just too far over for day to day use to be comfortable, IMO. I weigh 190 and would only be over the weight limit every now and then which is fine in my book.

Kid I know,who works for the Big O as a foreman, had one of his guys get into a little trouble wit da law, sold him his geckos for $200! He is really happy with them. They where new too, still in the package, came with these really nice pads.
I never get these deals!

We can only speculate on what Gecko's intentions were but I would be VERY hesitant to buy them at your weight. No offense. Just too far over for day to day use to be comfortable, IMO. I weigh 190 and would only be over the weight limit every now and then which is fine in my book.

They probably wouldn't fit ace's calves anyway (at least the regular gecko's I have). My buddy dennis tried them and his calves were too big for the fiberglass part. I do love mine though.. I never feel a thing with those on. Awesome real world improvement to my climbing, way more useful than any of that other climbing gadgetry I've tried IMO.

Latest posts

Back