whadja do today?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's all you got 101? I was hoping for something a little more substantial. Is that one a crane ride?

Yea the first is , I dunno know I not much for pics ... sometimes I will snap a few with the phone I actually feel kinda gay to be out snapping away like its our first big tree or something , I don,t carry anything other than my phone

I was 240 this time last year... I just weighed in at 200 last week. Trying to get down to 185 (which should not be hard in this heat). I'll tell ya, that makes the climbing easier no matter what kind of spikes I strap on... ;)

I was 240 this time last year... I just weighed in at 200 last week. Trying to get down to 185 (which should not be hard in this heat). I'll tell ya, that makes the climbing easier no matter what kind of spikes I strap on... ;)

my secret is shuttin the pie hole after 6 pm

anybody else got any tips?

I've been getting up and eating a nutri grain bar and or a banana. No lunch most days (been too hot to eat), then a grilled chicken salad or the like. Tocos are good and light. Don't get me wrong, I eat what I want most days for the evening meal, sometimes healthy, sometimes not. If I do eat anything after the evening meal it is light like veggies, fruit or sunflower seeds. Sunflower seeds are a life saver. I've also cut way down on my beer intake. I might drink 2 beers after work maybe 2 or 3 days a week. Not to say that I don't cut loose every now and then but it has been few and far between in the past couple of months.

I really think it is the heat and the work load that has melted the pounds off of me.

That's all you got 101? I was hoping for something a little more substantial. Is that one a crane ride?

look at all that crap hanging there in the way. lol. and his poor little nuts getting all squeezed up in that garbage saddle. lolol. no wonder he doesn't want any pics of the effort, too painful.

the high tech big money spikes that i got were actually "komets". the hard plastic cracked at the screw in points and the metal cover points fell off. within 2 months of almost everyday use. i think i was just too big for them. i traded that crap in for the t2 spikes and i got the big buck super wraps. light spikes heavy wrap but worth it as i don't have to worry about them falling apart. i ended up spending a little more but am ok with it. well over 270 all suited up.

Something else I did was quit eating white bread. I only eat whole grain anymore and will often have a sandwich for supper.

Coffee... I drink tons of coffee. I drink it all day. It's a natural appetite suppressant.

Sure thing.

attachment.php

Still gotta get it lettered, but here it is all cleaned up the day we got it back from the boom tech.

look at how far you've come in such a short time, man. treespect.

Something else I did was quit eating white bread. I only eat whole grain anymore and will often have a sandwich for supper.

Coffee... I drink tons of coffee. I drink it all day. It's a natural appetite suppressant.

also a pretty good laxitive..... what up larry, all well?

look at all that crap hanging there in the way. lol. and his poor little nuts getting all squeezed up in that garbage saddle. lolol. no wonder he doesn't want any pics of the effort, too painful.

the high tech big money spikes that i got were actually "komets". the hard plastic cracked at the screw in points and the metal cover points fell off. within 2 months of almost everyday use. i think i was just too big for them. i traded that crap in for the t2 spikes and i got the big buck super wraps. light spikes heavy wrap but worth it as i don't have to worry about them falling apart. i ended up spending a little more but am ok with it. well over 270 all suited up.

they bout $350. now plus the super wraps (I got them too on my Bashlins) at about plus $140.

not the super wraps velcro jammies. the big buck climber pads. 89$ no velcro , they use 2 straps. i'd vouch for them they are very comfortable. i had the super wraps on my aluminum bashlin's and they were nice but i'd say this setup is best for me and i don't see my self getting another combo again for a long ass time. next up is a new saddle......

They probably wouldn't fit ace's calves anyway (at least the regular gecko's I have). My buddy dennis tried them and his calves were too big for the fiberglass part. I do love mine though.. I never feel a thing with those on. Awesome real world improvement to my climbing, way more useful than any of that other climbing gadgetry I've tried IMO.

you ain't that old school!! get 2 biners and a big dog snap. thats all ya need for the climbing system. i really hope you didn't go back to the closed system taughtline, mds....... ya didn't did ya?

Whats up Justin.

I am using the Bashlins with the velcro wraps myself. They are about as comfortable as can be expected for any pair of leg irons a climber is going to have to wear. I had gone a long stretch of doing prunes and didn't have to wear my spikes much. That is until this storm trip. Back to doing mostly removals now. The Bashlins work well enough for me. I might buy a new pair of spikes when I get a wild hair but right now a new saddle is next on my agenda as well as far as climbing gear goes.

not the super wraps velcro jammies. the big buck climber pads. 89$ no velcro , they use 2 straps. i'd vouch for them they are very comfortable. i had the super wraps on my aluminum bashlin's and they were nice but i'd say this setup is best for me and i don't see my self getting another combo again for a long ass time. next up is a new saddle......

Yea save that money there donkey a new saddle will prolly be about 3 checks for you ......Oh and by the way a real climber can climb any way with anything ....And you can see his nuts are squashed in that grainy pic , thats only something a true HOMO would find

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back