2024 garden season

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, basically you're growing a garden to fatten up deer and trading off veggies for meat.

Didnt plan it that way, but its starting to look like it.. I have fought deer for years. Spent a fortune on fences, deterent sprays, and what nots. When all the other methods fail, its time to go to the tried and true, guaranteed to eliminate the problem, methods. Game cameras showing midnite and 7am to be best harvesting times. 46F outside right now. I am pretty sure those harvest times will improve now that the deer know the food is there. I know the Bambi watchers are not going to approve of my methods, but at this point, I dont really care. Its almost 7am right now, got to go.

deer around here laying thick on the roads! --- They STILL overpopulated!!
canners and butternut squash still in the patch to pick up if I get a chance.
Looks like killing frost next week here.
Sis been picking peppers and tomatoes and hauling them to the food bank.
I been busy at the farm trying to fix tile lines. Waterways full of blowholes from plugged and broken tile.
Workin on this 2,000' strip right now. Gotta dig up and replace several hundred feet of that one and put in about 1,000' in a branch waterway. Big mess in there!!

Latest posts

Back