Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah that’s what he still uses, at 45:1. It seems a bit high of a ratio for being mineral based and in a ported engine, but cutting such soft woods with full chisel and sharp chain chain doesn’t really push the saws limits.

BBR also brags up Ironhorse... his nice Canadian schtick is just gay..
That ain't no schtick , thats just his West Coast Red Green impersonation , gone bad !

The specs aren’t the same though. Looking at pictures of saw internals that have been run on the Canadian version versus the US version, the results aren’t even similar
The HP over here is not as bad as your Ultra Kevin , however i prefer our White bottle Stihl Premium over HP due to cost & overall less odor . The HP stinks !

Quit assuming , wrong again ! Further Stihl Ultra from Omni is the worst oil in the world for saws . It was introduced as a 4-Mix Trimmer & Blower oil . The Stihl Premium oil from Castrol in the White bottle is vastly superior within saws , very similar to the Orange bottle (FC specifications) sold in the States .
The Ultra I have is in grey bottles?

Yeah that’s what he still uses, at 45:1. It seems a bit high of a ratio for being mineral based and in a ported engine, but cutting such soft woods with full chisel and sharp chain chain doesn’t really push the saws limits.
He uses the same oil ratio i use in my ported saws with Red Armor lol .

You're in the states, ultra comes in a grey bottle and is made by omni. That is not true for the rest of the world.
Its Grey over here too Sean , & stinks & leaves the same deposits lol. Have no idea of the color in the Uk , perhaps Vintage Repairs recalls ?

Thought they were clear, see if Tom chimes in.
I see they have an opague semi clear "HP Super" now listed available at Canadian Stihl Dealers . No Idea until last week , i had not walked into a Stihl dealership for over 20 yrs . My Son bought me a late fathers day Stihl 56C gas trimmer lol.Told them no warranty oil 6 pack , Saber or Red Armor oil use in my garage...ok perhaps a little Dominator lol.

I see they have an opague semi clear "HP Super" now listed available at Canadian Stihl Dealers . No Idea until ladt week i had not walked into a Stihl dealership for over 20 yrs . My Son bought me a late fathers day Stihl 56C gas trimmer lol.Told them no warranty oil 6 pack , Saber or Red Armor oil use in my garage...ok perhaps a little Dominator lol.
Honestly brother, it's hard to keep up with what's available in the states, let alone remembering where you saw that bottle of oil, on which forum/ web site/ you tube video.
Pretty much been sticking with red armor till I'm out. I'll go back to husqy/red max oil if it's a good price. It always worked pretty well.

Well , actually no , " we have " said so ! You did ask & you have been told more than once by more than one in dividual . Ben , Sean & Kevin have yrs of oil experience & i have a bottle of Stihl Castrol on my oil shelf . Are stubborn or illiterate your only strong points ? P.S. Yes , Stihl oil in Canada has Castrol listede US on the bottle also .
Bro, calm down. I'm in the US so I asked for info here. No idea about Canada, Mexico or elsewhere so if you are saying something about those countries then ok by me. I have no knowledge on that.
You're in the states, ultra comes in a grey bottle and is made by omni. That is not true for the rest of the world.
I'm on the border of Quebec and often go up there to buy stuff. Stihl specs oil for different countries and manufacturers and uses different colored bottles to differentiate them seems a good idea. I'm wondering why for Canada, though. I thought emissions were pretty much the same up there so the oil formula would also be the same.

Bro, calm down. I'm in the US so I asked for info here. No idea about Canada, Mexico or elsewhere so if you are saying something about those countries then ok by me. I have no knowledge on that.

I'm on the border of Quebec and often go up there to buy stuff. Stihl specs oil for different countries and manufacturers and uses different colored bottles to differentiate them seems a good idea. I'm wondering why for Canada, though. I thought emissions were pretty much the same up there so the oil formula would also be the same.
Stihl approaches a vendor and says we need you to package an oil for our equipment. The company does so. There are no specs Stihl gives them, the formula will vary with companies and then standard Stihl want the oil to meet.

Yeah , has always been recognized FD compliant , never seen the clear HP bottles . Not actually a Canadian (.ca) listing perhap UK marketing ? I 'am not really a Stihl oil fan to many $$ for a quart . Let you know if i see any clear bottles on shelves locally .
Thats a UK site I posted up, for whatever reason I can't seem to get on the cananda site, keeps redirecting to the usa site.
I've never seen a Stihl oil on the FD list.
Me either, just posting what they had listed in the link. Either way, I won't/don't run it. The stuff we get is garbage and it's nit worth the cost getting it from another country. Plenty of good oils on the list we can get here.

Back