Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can’t out tune a lack of load or a limited ignition coil. If the hedge trimmer hits the ignition limiter constantly because you’ve leaned it out, I don’t care what you do with the screws, it’s making spooge Edit: hedge trimmers are the worst. Line trimmers and blowers aren’t so bad as they see more load, but still don’t burn as clean as a saw, just like lonewolf said. They’ll burn better if you lean them out. However when you get into a lot of thick grass they should be retuned to suite the extra load like you would changing bar lengths.
I just got the screwdriver needed to tune my BG 86 handheld blower, It was 1 turn out too rich on the H from the get-go, and it was a mess at the muffler. Annoying, you can't just use a flat blade. Runs nice now!

And a lot of times with the Trimmers you can't run them wide open because rocks and windows!

Doesn't at least to me. Someone above asked who made it in the US so I asked Stihl. As long as the specs are the same it is all the same
The specs aren’t the same though. Looking at pictures of saw internals that have been run on the Canadian version versus the US version, the results aren’t even similar

No, they didn't. I copied here what they sent me but Omni is in Shreveport LA so at least the US and probably North America. Europe, Oceana and Africa maybe different but didn't ask
Wasn't asking to be difficult, just wondering, although It makes sense they wouldn't post information unless asked directly. I do know Canada (as previously mentioned) is Castrol oil, I suspect the same thing for Europe as well. Just odd they wouldn't use the same Company globally.

I just got the screwdriver needed to tune my BG 86 handheld blower, It was 1 turn out too rich on the H from the get-go, and it was a mess at the muffler. Annoying, you can't just use a flat blade. Runs nice now!

And a lot of times with the Trimmers you can't run them wide open because rocks and windows!
I got this cheapo kit off evilbay years ago. Had an assortment of odd ball drivers for carbs. Only use 3 of them regularly, but the other 10-12 have come in handy over the years.

Wasn't asking to be difficult, just wondering, although It makes sense they wouldn't post information unless asked directly. I do know Canada (as previously mentioned) is Castrol oil, I suspect the same thing for Europe as well. Just odd they wouldn't use the same Company globally.
Its online. I look quite often to see who the different manufacturers are because people are always saying stupid shít like “VP is the same as Red Armor” just because they are both red lol. They aren’t even close to having the same chemical makeup.

Here’s the 1st page of the Ultra material safety data sheet

1722712754412.png

On the BG86 in England they don’t have limiters on them interestingly, helped my dad tune his over the phone today from Australia lol.

Its online. I look quite often to see who the different manufacturers are because people are always saying stupid shít like “VP is the same as Red Armor” just because they are both red lol. They aren’t even close to having the same chemical makeup.

View attachment 1194882
I'm pretty sure guys just make stuff like that up.

Older ones here don't have you seen new ones yet ?
Yeah he had a new one, a year old, I was a bit surprised it didn’t have any. I helped him with his saw too, an ms182. What dogs of a saw. They sound boggy and underpowered compared to the 180’s. I’ll give it a good run and proper tune when I visit next see if that sorts it out.

View attachment 1194882
I know omni makes it for the states, was curious if he asked specifically for the states or not.

No, they didn't. I copied here what they sent me but Omni is in Shreveport LA so at least the US and probably North America. Europe, Oceana and Africa maybe different but didn't ask
Castrol is the Manufacturer in Canada , end of story as both Ben & Sean have previously advised !

That's funny..... BBR use to only use Castrol 2T from what I used to see.
Yeah that’s what he still uses, at 45:1. It seems a bit high of a ratio for being mineral based and in a ported engine, but cutting such soft woods with full chisel and sharp chain chain doesn’t really push the saws limits.

Just curious but did you ask Stihl or is it on the bottles in Canada? I'm also surprised Stihl would spec oil differently for Canada. As for global distribution maybe it's cheaper to produce as close to the market as possible or Omni/Castrol don't have the capacity to supply it on a global level.

If you say so. I didn't ask.
Well , actually no , " we have " said so ! You did ask & you have been told more than once by more than one in dividual . Ben , Sean & Kevin have yrs of oil experience & i have a bottle of Stihl Castrol on my oil shelf . Are stubborn or illiterate your only strong points ? P.S. Yes , Stihl oil in Canada has Castrol listed on the bottle also .

No need to wonder. I sent them a message this morning and they sent back:
"Regarding your inquiry, we would like to inform you that the STIHL Ultra 2 Stroke oil is manufactured by: Omni Specialty Packaging, LLC"
On that note, we would also like to share the safety datasheet for the product which you can access using this link below:

https://www.stihlusa.com/WebContent/CMSFileLibrary/MSDS/Stihl_HP_Ultra.pdf

I'm assuming all Stihl 2 stroke as of now is sourced from Omni
Quit assuming , wrong again ! Further Stihl Ultra from Omni is the worst oil in the world for saws . It was introduced as a 4-Mix Trimmer & Blower oil . The Stihl Premium oil from Castrol in the White bottle is vastly superior within saws , very similar to the Orange bottle (FC specifications) sold in the States .

Latest posts

Back