Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Guys like him are why I use a pseudonym. One never knows what a mentally imbalanced person will do. If I were his employer and I found out about his posts, I would fire him as being a potential danger in the workplace.

You wouldn't last five minutes in any shop I've worked in. They'd insult your Prius before you even made it in the door. The appropriate response isn't to start crying and run to the mods, it's to say their mom liked your Prius just fine last night.

Yeah Ben's a jerk sometimes. Not saying that's a good thing necessarily, but a strong personality is a requirement to achieve any kind of success in several different trades. You won't find shrinking violets in the oil or logging industries.

I can still click on his name and bring up a user profile, doubt he's banned.

You wouldn't last five minutes in any shop I've worked in. They'd insult your Prius before you even made it in the door. The appropriate response isn't to start crying and run to the mods, it's to say their mom liked your Prius just fine last night.

Yeah Ben's a jerk sometimes. Not saying that's a good thing necessarily, but a strong personality is a requirement to achieve any kind of success in several different trades. You won't find shrinking violets in the oil or logging industries.

I don't own a Prius. I presently own two Subarus, a Ford F350 diesel and a Mahindra 5035 HST tractor. And I did work in a corn wet milling plant that was union shop. I was responsible for organizing equipment installation and optimization of a pollution control system.
One of my sons owns a Prius. He states that his fuel savings allow him to spend more money for ammunition for his Glock. BTW, the Prius is one of the most reliable vehicles on the road. You seem to be under the impression that I am a liberal. I am, not sure where you got that impression. I am a pretty hard-core conservative. As for bwalker, wishing death on someone for disagreeing with him is a serious mental disorder. I would not want to live near him or have him know where I live.

I don't own a Prius. I presently own two Subarus, a Ford F350 diesel and a Mahindra 5035 HST tractor. And I did work in a corn wet milling plant that was union shop. I was responsible for organizing equipment installation and optimization of a pollution control system.
One of my sons owns a Prius. He states that his fuel savings allow him to spend more money for ammunition for his Glock. BTW, the Prius is one of the most reliable vehicles on the road. You seem to be under the impression that I am a liberal. I am, not sure where you got that impression. I am a pretty hard-core conservative. As for bwalker, wishing death on someone for disagreeing with him is a serious mental disorder. I would not want to live near him or have him know where I live.

You missed the point.

No clue or caring on your politics, although my views there largely align with yours - I even drive a Subaru.

Talking about being brutally insulting, the worst I've ever had is my teenage students over the last decade. They say some of the worst stuff I've ever heard people tell other humans.

While I would say that particular comment from him wasn't necessarily tasteful, I wouldn't think it was deserving of a ban. I certainly wouldn't say that it is deserving of an employer firing him, it wasn't an actual threat.

Why I don't comment much on this site. Between the inane and repetitious posts to the nastiness between posters, I don't see much in the way of constructive comments. Almost 400 comments about oil. Gimme a break.
Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out , lol . Gimme a break , numerous constructive posts brother just learn to separate the wheat from the chaff !

Based on his lack of responses for two days, I suspect he has been banned for that one.
He is the only guy on this site I have blocked. I hate it when people quote him because then I have to read his BS in my emails.
I cheated. Rather than guessing, I downloaded the manual. Lots of oil options will be fine for my temperature range. 5w-40 will be great year round, but I might use 15w-40 in the summer for cost savings.
Rotella 15w-40 is all I ran for years. Not many sub zero days in the Sierras and I ran a block heater anyway.

Warning! Thread Drift!
Do you send the oil in every 10,000 or wait till later? Did you send it in without using an additive then with to compare? I'm just curious. They upped the change intervals on our Cummins but don't send it in for analysis. Newer oil and the secondary oil filter seems to be the trick I guess. I used Howes as an example, though. Lot's of them out there like Howes, Power Service etc I think that would work ok and I think it is like this 2 stroke oil discussion where everyone has their favorite for whatever reason. Do you really need them outside of winter for gelling? I don't think so if your fueling at a branded station but it sure doesn't hurt.
As for the saw, IDK. Lot's of good arguments here for using specific brands but I've never really noticed myself although I'm not a professional running a saw all day every day.
Roughly, 25 k for analysis... That's when I change a bypass filter,,, oem filters @ 50k..... I don't track specifics on every additive I've tried, ( quantity vs gallons used). Mostly just try my best to interpret the lab results.. If some thing sticks out I'll recognize it.. 99% of the additives I've tried in my opinion are useless as tits on a bull. Max Mileage has consistently shown elevated iron.. But my system runs clean, with very little soot....From intake to exhaust, it's cleaner.. I have an egr engine... no def,, no dpf.. Detroit 60..

Roughly, 25 k for analysis... That's when I change a bypass filter,,, oem filters @ 50k..... I don't track specifics on every additive I've tried, ( quantity vs gallons used). Mostly just try my best to interpret the lab results.. If some thing sticks out I'll recognize it.. 99% of the additives I've tried in my opinion are useless as tits on a bull. Max Mileage has consistently shown elevated iron.. But my system runs clean, with very little soot....From intake to exhaust, it's cleaner.. I have an egr engine... no def,, no dpf.. Detroit 60..
I have no lab results for use of additives in two stroke action.. Although I have been told it's makes for cleaner combustion.. (ferocene). I told the guy that told me to prove it.. that hasn't happened yet.. I just try to stick with 90 octane non ethanol gas , and two stroke oil for saws.. not outboards.

Why I don't comment much on this site. Between the inane and repetitious posts to the nastiness between posters, I don't see much in the way of constructive comments. Almost 400 comments about oil. Gimme a break.
I can relate to that. And it apparently has been going on for a couple of decades off and on, on this site and on Bob is the oil guy site.

I just wanting to put this out there even tho it has nothing to do with 2 stroke oil but for the same year (2003) my diesel car gets 10 more MPG than a prius of the same year. Something to think about :rock:

I just wanting to put this out there even tho it has nothing to do with 2 stroke oil but for the same year (2003) my diesel car gets 10 more MPG than a prius of the same year. Something to think about :rock:
Surprising. My son's Prius gets 50 mpg in the city.

Wow, 396 comments about lube oil for chainsaws, something I don't get my panties in a wad over anymore, well since I switched to Echo Red Armor canned fuel anyway.

As an aside, I run Shell Rotella 5-40 T6 in all my gas and diesel powered engines along with Nano-Borate additive and Power Service Silver label winter additive when it's cold here and a shot of PS Bio-Kleen algaecide as well. For the last 10 years at least with no issue and I depend on my diesel farm tractors as I farm.

Not at all actually. It is, after all a hybrid. Having said that, there will never be a toaster car parked in this driveway.
My tdi is pretty consistent 47+ mpg. No head gasket issues like prius are known for and no huge repair bills when something conks out....

Wow, 396 comments about lube oil for chainsaws, something I don't get my panties in a wad over anymore, well since I switched to Echo Red Armor canned fuel anyway.

As an aside, I run Shell Rotella 5-40 T6 in all my gas and diesel powered engines along with Nano-Borate additive and Power Service Silver label winter additive when it's cold here and a shot of PS Bio-Kleen algaecide as well. For the last 10 years at least with no issue and I depend on my diesel farm tractors as I farm.
The algaecide additive is a sound preventative measure good also is the Power Service products , white & silver bottles boast your cetane numbers & anti gelling prevention .

Back