Best 2 Stroke Oil?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
22 pages of best oil ! now I feel like taking a couple of shots of it to see what happens. I might try mixing it with Coca Cola, shaken not stirred, and see if my Red Armor stays suspended in the proprietary formula of charred ground cinnamon, Madagascar vanilla, carbonated water, caffeine and corn syrup. Heck worst that could happen? Couple days of the Tijuana trots with a nice tinge of RA red. I will leave out the leaded gas and/or ethanol, plenty of corn in the coke.

22 pages of best oil ! now I feel like taking a couple of shots of it to see what happens. I might try mixing it with Coca Cola, shaken not stirred, and see if my Red Armor stays suspended in the proprietary formula of charred ground cinnamon, Madagascar vanilla, carbonated water, caffeine and corn syrup. Heck worst that could happen? Couple days of the Tijuana trots with a nice tinge of RA red. I will leave out the leaded gas and/or ethanol, plenty of corn in the coke.
You forgot to add the woofel dust.

My business partner also has a Prius, with 280,000 miles on it. No major repairs. They can be worked on by most mechanics. The most expensive repair is battery replacement. That is going for about $1000 these days.
When I worked at a tech school, our Guru teacher had the students check battery pack on a Honda Insight. I was shocked (not really) the battery pack was a plastic case with it seemed like hundreds of AA batteries in series. He saved the owner bunches of money vs a new battery by replacing the defective AA's

Twenty-two pages later can we shake hands and agree on Red Armor mixed 32-50:1 with fresh E0 gas?
I may have to try Red Armor after all the positive comments. As for E0, kind of hard to get here. Nearest place is 20 or more miles away, and they charge over $5/gallon for it. I have not actually had any trouble with E10, but I always add Sta-Bil to it. That might be a belt-and-suspenders approach, as some oils, such as Amsoil Saber, already have fuel stabilizers in them. But I use about 1 oz of Sta-Bil per gallon; no way the 2-cycle oils have as much stabilizer as that when mixed at 50:1.

When I worked at a tech school, our Guru teacher had the students check battery pack on a Honda Insight. I was shocked (not really) the battery pack was a plastic case with it seemed like hundreds of AA batteries in series. He saved the owner bunches of money vs a new battery by replacing the defective AA's
Must have been rechargeable AAs. The normal ones you find at a store are not rechargeable and would not work.

I may have to try Red Armor after all the positive comments. As for E0, kind of hard to get here. Nearest place is 20 or more miles away, and they charge over $5/gallon for it. I have not actually had any trouble with E10, but I always add Sta-Bil to it. That might be a belt-and-suspenders approach, as some oils, such as Amsoil Saber, already have fuel stabilizers in them. But I use about 1 oz of Sta-Bil per gallon; no way the 2-cycle oils have as much stabilizer as that when mixed at 50:1.
Honestly, I think the Sta-Bil is redundant. The key is to simply not store ethanol fuel long enough for it to go stale. If you are a guy like me who parks some of his tools for days or weeks at a time the trick is to use fresh gas during high consumption periods and canned gas in the off season. Even if canned fuel is too expensive for your needs you can dump the pump gas before storage, run a little canned fuel and choke to flood before storage.

Honestly, I think the Sta-Bil is redundant. The key is to simply not store ethanol fuel long enough for it to go stale. If you are a guy like me who parks some of his tools for days or weeks at a time the trick is to use fresh gas during high consumption periods and canned gas in the off season. Even if canned fuel is too expensive for your needs you can dump the pump gas before storage, run a little canned fuel and choke to flood before storage.
I normally don't use my saw much from January through September. I cut almost all of my firewood in October through December, with occasional use in January and rare use the rest of the year. So, my fuel is not always that fresh. But I also use the fuel (without 2-cycle oil) in a UTV and a ZTR, so the unmixed fuel usually is less than 6 months old, even in the winter. My ZTR has fuel sitting in it from October until April. Never had a problem with the fuel. I do mix Sta-Bil in that fuel, and when I need to fuel my chainsaw, I mix that fuel with my 2-cycle oil. So, yeah, Sta-Bil may be redundant for my chainsaw but it might help the lawn mower. I would use E0 if it were more convenient.

Must have been rechargeable AAs. The normal ones you find at a store are not rechargeable and would not work.
Yep, even though they may look the same the chemical makeup and the physical construction are different between rechargeable and alkaline cells. I spent a lot of time off and on over a 5 year span in and right after college working for Energizer. I mainly worked on AAA production lines, but spent time on AA, D, and 9 volt lines as well. It wasn't a bad job as long as I didn't get stuck on an inspection station or a packaging line for the day.

32-40:1.....
Red Armor or Saber are fine at 50:1 . Saber actually is recommended by its manufacturer to be used no lower than 50:1 . I have run it for over 15 yrs within numerous saws & trimmers & blowers at 50:1 . However all my commercial or ported saws are run at 44:1 with Red Armor , previously I used Dominator at the same ratio sucessfully . I run Non ethanol 91 octane fuel . Never have used stabil , Seafoam for solvency cleaning action & Startron for stabilizing fuel in prolonged storage .

Yes, it would. They did tell me their Saber meets JASO FD standards. Why they did not get it listed I do not know.
And if they are testing string trimmers at 100 to 1 that is hardly is equal to a chain saw. So something like that is BS!
Amsoils "in house lab" testing was a complete joke. They never even took the time to set the carbs on the trimmers they used and that's just the beginning.

I will bet money that Amsoil has either not tested Saber using the Jaso FD test regime or if they did it will not pass. Probably the former.

It's well known by many who have tried that Saber doesn't burn all that clean at ratios from 50:1 on down. This is important because for instance the jaso FD smoke gets IIRC is ran at a 10:1 oil ratio.

Back