Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jerry:

Likely a cap off something else,

I agree Carl. Probably a cap off of some Homelite with a seperate tank vent (like an XL-101 series saw).

ugh! i'm still rebuilding this saw so guess i'm now looking for the proper fuel cap. anyone got one?

Man that's a weird ond Jerry. Never seen one of those before. Looks to be made of bakelite too (so drilling/modifying it to take one of the valves would be a wasted effort).

I agree Carl. Probably a cap off of some Homelite with a seperate tank vent (like an XL-101 series saw).

Man that's a weird ond Jerry. Never seen one of those before. Looks to be made of bakelite too (so drilling/modifying it to take one of the valves would be a wasted effort).

it fits the tank real nicely though. yeah, it is bakelite.

Jerry let me do some rummaging this weekend. If someone hasn't come up with one for you, I'm sure one of my c projects could donate one. I just need to go thru them with Aarons cap post handy to see what's repairable as all of mine currently leak.

homelite zip gaskets

Hey guys, I've got my relatives Zip running now after a carb kit,plug,and ignition system clean up. Unfortunately, i have to take it all apart to transfer the components to another crank case/handle. I have not seen any gaskets available so i am guessing I will have to make a cylinder gasket and the side cover gasket at least. What thickness/type of material should i buy? does anyone have any suggestions or advice about the swap? It runs great now, but the handle is corroded horribly and must be swapped for a decent restoration, even if it turns out to be a non runner. Any help would be apppreciated. Jimmy

600DOutside.jpg

Hey guys, I've got my relatives Zip running now after a carb kit,plug,and ignition system clean up. Unfortunately, i have to take it all apart to transfer the components to another crank case/handle. I have not seen any gaskets available so i am guessing I will have to make a cylinder gasket and the side cover gasket at least. What thickness/type of material should i buy? does anyone have any suggestions or advice about the swap? It runs great now, but the handle is corroded horribly and must be swapped for a decent restoration, even if it turns out to be a non runner. Any help would be apppreciated. Jimmy

Visit your FLAPS (friendly, local auto parts store) and get a roll of Felpro gasket material and make your own. The one near me has five or six to choose from in different materialsl and thickness. Pick up a leather punch (star wheel thingy in different sizes) at a hobby store.

I once bought a new gasket for a small Poulan. Took a week to get it. Been making my own since.

Hey guys, picked up a pickup load of old logging saws yesterday. I got a homelite in the batch. Its an XP master, dont know if its a 2100 orrr?
How do I tell the difference from the 6cube homies?

Also picked up this cherry 750 ;)
Low on compression but I think the rings are just stuck from sitting cause it used to run.

Hey guys, picked up a pickup load of old logging saws yesterday. I got a homelite in the batch. Its an XP master, dont know if its a 2100 orrr?
How do I tell the difference from the 6cube homies?

From the outside, one easy thing is the muffler. All the 2000/2100s have 4 kinda evenly spaced bolts that hold on the muffler. Actually, they're studs with nuts on the outside. From inside the airbox / carb chamber, the manifold is unique that covers the 6-petal reed cage. Different carbs too (unless something got swapped along the way). Lots of other little details, but these are quick and easy.

Dan

Now how much was it you were sayin you wanted for that 750 again?:hmm3grin2orange:
Nice haul, even if the other saw is ONLY 100cc's.

From the outside, one easy thing is the muffler. All the 2000/2100s have 4 kinda evenly spaced bolts that hold on the muffler. Actually, they're studs with nuts on the outside. From inside the airbox / carb chamber, the manifold is unique that covers the 6-petal reed cage. Different carbs too (unless something got swapped along the way). Lots of other little details, but these are quick and easy.

Dan

This one is a 4 reed, and 2 bolts on the muffler. Soo that makes it a 1100? :dizzy:

This one is a 4 reed, and 2 bolts on the muffler. Soo that makes it a 1100? :dizzy:

Not quite. an XP1100 (or XP1130/1130G) is a 100cc gear drive. If it's direct drive, then you're looking at an XP1000, XP1020, XP1020A, or 1050. Does the saw have the mn/sn tag on the flywheel cover? A few pics of the saw (including the clutch cover side) will help us help you here.

Oh and you suck young Jacob!:D

Not quite. an XP1100 (or XP1130/1130G) is a 100cc gear drive. If it's direct drive, then you're looking at an XP1000, XP1020, XP1020A, or 1050. Does the saw have the mn/sn tag on the flywheel cover? A few pics of the saw (including the clutch cover side) will help us help you here.

Oh and you suck young Jacob!:D

Ill get some pictures tonight, its in peices and I got the piston soaking in transmission oil.
I think im going to be in love with this 750! :)

Aaron here's these two we talked about .

Fraser those two in the front are not in the saw series that I was thinking of. Not part of the XL-12/SXL/XL400A/XL500A family. They're in the larger XL700/800/900 family. 77 or 82cc depending on the bore (2" or 2-1/16"). Damn good saws. Dificult to nail down an exact model # though. I'm thinking those two are XL900 series. With the manual oiler pumps in that possition (some were in the carb box on the right side), I'm guessing those are XL922, XL923, or maybe XL925 saws.

The red saw behind those two (with the carb in the front of the saw) looks like a Lancaster. The belt drive is something strange. The paint matches what's on my Mono built Wards WD60.

Last edited:
Back