Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You could make some guards for your Bow bar.
A bow bar like this one?

attachment.php

That would be the bow I saw pictured. Obvious problem with that style is you can't flip it for wear.

Chris B.

need a fuel cap for my C-5. played swap-a-part and discovered that the cap off my poulan 361 fits very nicely as does the cap off my monkey ward saw (but its not vented). looks like there may be several makes that will fit.
also needing a vented cap for my poulan 306A .
this appears to be the "fuel cap phase" for me. not sure what else will fit but i'm not proud, just want functional caps. anyone got fuel caps they'd be willing to part with?
also posted on old mag thread and poulan thread
thanks, jerry

Is that the Saw King 2000 with the custom factory made clutch cover, and custom chip deflector?

Yes it is. Sure doesn't look factory made... Looks like somebody broke their clutch cover, ground it down then made a tin chip deflector. Maybe I'm wrong.... I'll get better pics of it tomorrow

Yes it is. Sure doesn't look factory made... Looks like somebody broke their clutch cover, ground it down then made a tin chip deflector. Maybe I'm wrong.... I'll get better pics of it tomorrow

Sorry, I was just having a little fun, no offense. Saw King in his video was promoting that broken clutch cover like it was a factory mod. Those parts are pretty robust, so you should be able to get another cover for it.

How is the compression on that saw? It looked like it wasn't revving up really well in the vid, but it is hard to tell.

Sorry, I was just having a little fun, no offense. Saw King in his video was promoting that broken clutch cover like it was a factory mod. Those parts are pretty robust, so you should be able to get another cover for it.

Ya, I know. He said It was a modification Homelite was field testing... I find that hard to believe. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong... I would've thought they'd have made it a little nicer.

How is the compression on that saw? It looked like it wasn't revving up really well in the vid, but it is hard to tell.
Haven't checked the compression yet. Doesn't feel too bad. Runs ok after a little adjustment... May have a small air leak though

need some id help , i assume that it is an 1000 or 1100 series , but what do i know. has good spark and it's a b^%$ to pull threw. have not gauged it yet.
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Pretty sure that is a super XP 1020 Automatic.

Has the idle air adjustment blocked off, with the regular idle screw in the HL carb. Those are good saws, the ones that started it all with the Auto oiling.

Usually the fuel line in the tank is toast, and needs to be replaced. You can do it without taking the tank apart, by running a wire though from the other side, and then fitting the Tygon over the wire, and pushing it on the fitting.

still struggling with the C-5 rebuild. approaching the end but after fooling with this for a year i don't know that i'd do it over again. got all those other project saws just screaming at me to git'r done. i think i like the quick in and out projects rather than a ground up rebuild. if it runs i'm sure i'll get over that.
still looking for the vented gas cap. but now i'm also looking for an on/off switch and a fuel line. then i'm gonna be looking for a chain. then? i hope it runs.
anyone know what size the fuel line is from the tank to the carb?

Last edited:
still struggling with the C-5 rebuild. approaching the end but after fooling with this for a year i don't know that i'd do it over again. got all those other project saws just screaming at me to git'r done. i think i like the quick in and out projects rather than a ground up rebuild. if it runs i'm sure i'll get over that.
still looking for the vented gas cap. but now i'm also looking for an on/off switch and a fuel line. then i'm gonna be looking for a chain. then? i hope it runs.
anyone know what size the fuel line is from the tank to the carb?

3/16 ID line. I like to use 3/16" ID automotive line as the OD of it seals well against the pass-thru hole in the front of the carb box.

Pretty sure that is a super XP 1020 Automatic.

Has the idle air adjustment blocked off, with the regular idle screw in the HL carb. Those are good saws, the ones that started it all with the Auto oiling.

Usually the fuel line in the tank is toast, and needs to be replaced. You can do it without taking the tank apart, by running a wire though from the other side, and then fitting the Tygon over the wire, and pushing it on the fitting.

thanks. i could not find any numbers on it. i'll try to fire it up to nite . tried lest nite and damn it had some compression . hey Aaron i see your lurking. how ya doin.

thanks. i could not find any numbers on it. i'll try to fire it up to nite . tried lest nite and damn it had some compression . hey Aaron i see your lurking. how ya doin.

Busy with work BS. Going cutting on Saturday. That looks like a Super XP1020A (like JP said). You can just see part of the "Super" above "XP" on what's left of the logo on the tank top behind the fuel cap (to the left of the oil cap). That's the last of the XP1020A's, and basically the same saw as an early 1050A.

Last edited:
Back