Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have heard of the XL 101s and 102s, but I have never seen one. Just looked them up. Look a lot like a Super EZ....a Super EZ on steroids! What size motor do those have in them? looks like a mid 40cc.

54cc. Same bore/stroke as an XL-12 but in a smaller and lighter package. The auto oiler versions, 102, 103, 104, 113 and 123 bost 57cc but are wider (oil pump) and heavier with very little (if any) advantage over a Super XL.

The crankcase/fuel tank is a unibody type setup. So, don't get too violent with a pinched bar or you will get a fuel leak.

attachment.php

54cc. Same bore/stroke as an XL-12 but in a smaller and lighter package. The auto oiler versions, 102, 103, 104, 113 and 123 bost 57cc but are wider (oil pump) and heavier with very little (if any) advantage over a Super XL.

The crankcase/fuel tank is a unibody type setup. So, don't get too violent with a pinched bar or you will get a fuel leak.

attachment.php

Nice...supirsed you beat Aaron to that post :biggrinbounce2:

attachment.php

That's the part I didn't like about these saws. They have a kinda thin bottom case at the fuel tank and can be prone to leak. I've only had one of these saws and it did leak.

Anyone on here wanna buy a 330 that I rebuilt? new crankseals, intake boot, plug, and carb cleaned. Runs like a brand new saw. Just doesn't have enough power for me. Needs a new bar. PM me if interested.

I'm pretty sure the Super XL I've been messing with lately could easily be out run by a good condition XL-12. When I checked the compression it had less than 90 but started good and seemed to run alright. The piston is scarred up a little but I wouldn't say it was toast, I've cleaned them up that were lots worse than this one. I don't think this one is worth a rebuild, it has a few flaws that would make it not worthwhile.

Wanted to tell you that I busted out that 150 today. Got it all apart and cleaned up. (was about 5 pounds of dust and grease in it) Anyways I looked and the gas line was in half and spliced in a few places. Gonna buy about 4 or 5ft of it tomorrow so I have it on hand. Cleaned the carb also. The choke does not look like it would be too bad to hook back up, but the throttle looks a little bit challenging. I have to say that I am very impressed with the design of it. I love how there is only one line to go bad. and everything looks like it is built well and built to last. I hope my opinion dose not change when I go to reassemble it...

attachment.php
Wanted to tell you that I busted out that 150 today. Got it all apart and cleaned up. (was about 5 pounds of dust and grease in it) Anyways I looked and the gas line was in half and spliced in a few places. Gonna buy about 4 or 5ft of it tomorrow so I have it on hand. Cleaned the carb also. The choke does not look like it would be too bad to hook back up, but the throttle looks a little bit challenging. I have to say that I am very impressed with the design of it. I love how there is only one line to go bad. and everything looks like it is built well and built to last. I hope my opinion dose not change when I go to reassemble it...

Usually the first one is the worst and it can be challenging. After a few you get to looking around to see if you can find one to fix. They're a little like the Super 2 but on steroids. I still won't work on a Mini Mac because in my opinion you don't have much to show for it when you get done. With the 150 you can tune them to really run good. I've sold all my 150s but the one I plan to keep, at least until another one comes along

attachment.php

Usually the first one is the worst and it can be challenging. After a few you get to looking around to see if you can find one to fix. They're a little like the Super 2 but on steroids. I still won't work on a Mini Mac because in my opinion you don't have much to show for it when you get done. With the 150 you can tune them to really run good. I've sold all my 150s but the one I plan to keep, at least until another one comes along

That one looks identical to mine, but mine has a black gas cap in the same shape as yours. I can get another one that runs right now for $15 complete with bar and chain. Not sure if it will idle right because the guy just fired it up real quick then shut it off. I find them a lot at scrap yards around here for a few bucks each. I already have two tho. I told the guy that if he can show me that they piston and cylinder looks good, and that it will idle, then ill take it. Did not seem too anxious to show me :laugh:

I picked up this NOS Western kit for a Super EZ. I've seen a couple EZ's with a full wrap before, but this is the first kit I've come across. I thought I'd share the info.

IMG_6442.jpg

IMG_6444.jpg

Nice kit.:msp_thumbsup:

I got this saw with full wrap and hand guard.
Muffler guard too.

attachment.php

attachment.php

That one looks identical to mine, but mine has a black gas cap in the same shape as yours. I can get another one that runs right now for $15 complete with bar and chain. Not sure if it will idle right because the guy just fired it up real quick then shut it off. I find them a lot at scrap yards around here for a few bucks each. I already have two tho. I told the guy that if he can show me that they piston and cylinder looks good, and that it will idle, then ill take it. Did not seem too anxious to show me :laugh:

I'm not sure what the internals look like on this saw, never had any of it apart. I bought it as non-running but I got it home, fueled it up and it took right off and sounded pretty good. It's not the best 150 I've ever had but it should do for now.

photobucket-15155-1338787442509.jpg

photobucket-19685-1338787427419.jpg

Here's my Super E-Z AOW (that's how the 'western' version is designated in the IPL). I don't have the handguard that Cliff does however. Looks like the handguard on one of my Poulan S25-CVA saws. Keith that XL103 in the background oughta look familiar. Haven't gotten to that one yet. Still need to do the crank seals on the 750 too....

I'm not sure what the internals look like on this saw, never had any of it apart. I bought it as non-running but I got it home, fueled it up and it took right off and sounded pretty good. It's not the best 150 I've ever had but it should do for now.

I just fixed mine today. Runs like a champ. Put in a new line, and pulled the carb off from the other one and used it on this one. The carb I used must have been a older one because it said Homelite on it. The other one was a Tiltson. I had no problem at all hooking everything back up. Everything when back into place smoothly. Had to use the carb off from the other 150 because the Tiltson had a plastic piece that was cracked. Took me about 2 hours all together. View attachment 248313

I just fixed mine today. Runs like a champ. Put in a new line, and pulled the carb off from the other one and used it on this one. The carb I used must have been a older one because it said Homelite on it. The other one was a Tiltson. I had no problem at all hooking everything back up. Everything when back into place smoothly. Had to use the carb off from the other 150 because the Tiltson had a plastic piece that was cracked. Took me about 2 hours all together. View attachment 248313

The carb that has "Homelite" on it will be a Walbro HDC. Walbro put "Homelite" and "McCulloch" on many of the carbs they sold to those two giants. Big customers get special perks.:D

The carb that has "Homelite" on it will be a Walbro HDC. Walbro put "Homelite" and "McCulloch" on many of the carbs they sold to those two giants. Big customers get special perks.:D

Walbro HDC....sounds very familiar...thats right. I had to buy a HDC kit for my Super EZ a few years ago. I thought that carb looked very familiar inside and out.

Walbro HDC....sounds very familiar...thats right. I had to buy a HDC kit for my Super EZ a few years ago. I thought that carb looked very familiar inside and out.

That's a good looking 150. People will still look at you funny when you go into the woods with it. I kinda enjoy seeing the looks I get...I guess it's from the chainsaw!

Back