Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I made it through all the carb kits... Lots of old out of date part numbers to sort through, and lots of partially opened bags I had to confirm the contents of...:dizzy: Still wound up with a bunch of unidentified gaskets, and a number of incomplete kits... Final count of complete kits:
  • Zama - 7
  • Walbro - 10
  • Tillotson - 34

Zama
View attachment 266021

Walbro
View attachment 266025

Tillotson
View attachment 266022

Bag of misc but ID's hardware. (needles, springs, etc)
View attachment 266023

Bag of unknowns.
View attachment 266024

:cheers:
Hurts my eyes just thinking about it.

Early Christmas, my brother went by and picked up the other C-51 for me. From what I can figure out, one is a 1964 the other is a 1966

It was actually an 18" bar and in better shape than the 22". We had to split the tank and dig out the varnish from sitting so long and replace the line and filter. It did fire but I still need to grab a carb kit for it. Chain and bar in great shape with strong compression. Hopefully when all the rain stops I can go get these in some wood.

c-51s.jpg

Super Wiz 55 IPL

Anyone have a clean copy? Found a couple online, but they were pretty rough to wade through...like scanned micro-film. Didn't spend a whole lot o' time searching, Ill admit, but then again, there's this thread and all you guys!!!:hmm3grin2orange:

TIA if someone can hook me up.

:cheers:

That number dont look right. What model is it for?

Matches the part# for a 7-29 governor, maybe others. Not the same as a 26LCS for sure.

Good luck finding one. My governor was chewed up at the wear plate surface and I couldn't find a spare anywhere. Took me about 1 hour to smooth it out with a piece of glass and progressively finer sheets of emery cloth.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

new to me

I picked up a Homelite 54 or Solo today for $20.00. Haven't had a chance to really look at it yet. Partly dissembled has what looks like a 20" b&c. I have a 47 and it runs quite nicely so I'm hopeful. If I'm unlucky I'll part it out

Pics to follow or it didn't happen:biggrinbounce2:

Lee

Had a quick look at piston Oh Oh, saw looks like it's been run without af. may have to part this one out. Anyone need parts for a Solo 654?

Last edited:
Matches the part# for a 7-29 governor, maybe others. Not the same as a 26LCS for sure.

Good luck finding one. My governor was chewed up at the wear plate surface and I couldn't find a spare anywhere. Took me about 1 hour to smooth it out with a piece of glass and progressively finer sheets of emery cloth.

Chris B.

attachment.php

attachment.php

One that I have got is worn thru to the posts, and the posts are loose. I do not want them coming loose in the crankcase. One of the saws I tore down had the governor plate removed and the post was brazed, actually it is the one in the pic. I'm just making one last attempt to find one so I can keep it original, but I'm tired of waiting and soon I will throw it together without the gov.

One that I have got is worn thru to the posts, and the posts are loose. I do not want them coming loose in the crankcase. One of the saws I tore down had the governor plate removed and the post was brazed, actually it is the one in the pic. I'm just making one last attempt to find one so I can keep it original, but I'm tired of waiting and soon I will throw it together without the gov.

Last time I talked to chainsawlady she had 26LCS governor assemblies. I wonder if one of those plates could be disassembled and your valve and spring installed on it.

Chris B.

Last time I talked to chainsawlady she had 26LCS governor assemblies. I wonder if one of those plates could be disassembled and your valve and spring installed on it.

Chris B.

The 26 and 5-30 and early 7-29 used long posts and springs to engage the crank, but they redesigned the governors for the later 7-29 and 8-29. The posts got shorter and they put inserts in the crank to make up the length differences. I figure they did this to reduce the leverage on the posts. I spent some time last winter figuring all this out the hard way. I tried to use the 5-30 gov in a 8-29 and couldn't get the to halves to seat. And I tried all the aftermarket belts that were listed by others and none of them work either. Here's a picture of the springs bottomed out.
View attachment 267231

Posting at Aaron's behest ...

Now for the 'star' of last night's score:

GEDC0991.jpg

GEDC0990.jpg

GEDC0989.jpg

Super 1130G Automatic from late in the production run ... 60" bar with .500 .063 chipper chain .... has the Walbro fixed HS SDC ... runs like a champ!

Now to go find a tree big enough to attack with this beast ..... :)

Chris (cbfarmall) will need to post his Mercury-Disston 2-man saw from the haul ...

Last edited:

Good luck finding one.

Thank's, I had never noticed a 4 digit number before. All my boxes have 5 numerals. Will dig a bit deaper I guess. :smile2:

7 29 IPL As you see that saw has quite a span in the numbers range and all my parts are stacked by number and not model.

DSCN1743.jpg

here i go again with the newbie type question (someone's gotta ask).
saw a red super xl with 18" b&c (could be 20") in a pawn shop today. looks used but not worn out. lightly pulled on the starter to check compression and it feels good. haven't started it but would before i bought it. af looks good. can't see any cracks or dings.
i already know what i think but was wondering if $40 is a good price? kinda surprised me with it being mixed in with the newer poulans and couplea older stihls that were all more expensive.

here i go again with the newbie type question (someone's gotta ask).
saw a red super xl with 18" b&c (could be 20") in a pawn shop today. looks used but not worn out. lightly pulled on the starter to check compression and it feels good. haven't started it but would before i bought it. af looks good. can't see any cracks or dings.
i already know what i think but was wondering if $40 is a good price? kinda surprised me with it being mixed in with the newer poulans and couplea older stihls that were all more expensive.

:msp_thumbup::msp_thumbup:

If its going to the collection, even flipping it you should be OK if its all there.

Latest posts

Back