Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well there isn't anyplace to lay it all out, you'll have to live with group shots... I'm warehousing half my girlfriends stuff while she's in the process of moving between a house and apartment...

So...

Box of oil lines, along with several NOS oil line/pump/whatever. Haven't tried to look any up yet...
2012-12-02_14-37-01_486Medium.jpg

Box of ignition components on top, and full of carbs on the bottom. Just a couple that are NIB. Some of the others might be new, but no boxes... There are a few oldies with glass bowels that I doubt are from saws, but there are a pile of small ones that are, or possibly trimmers...
2012-12-02_14-37-59_217Medium.jpg

This whole box is recoil springs. Most are new aftermarket for Stihl... Several new Briggs too, plus a bunch of unknowns...
2012-12-02_14-38-18_587Medium.jpg

Dogs... Lots and lots of dogs... Lots and lots of big dogs... Some mid size, and some small too... I feel a headache coming on already trying to ID them...
2012-12-02_14-38-32_699Medium.jpg

Half a milk crate of gas can caps, as well as oil, and fuel caps from saws... Saw some Homelite in there to be sure...
2012-12-02_14-38-44_403Medium.jpg

Beer case (ok, cooler case, but I didn't drink that crap) that has the bottom full of clutch bearings. The bags have carb kits, and chain splices/parts. Full box when combined...
2012-12-02_14-39-37_941Medium.jpg

Used clutch parts... Guessing this is just scrap, but I'll have to see if I can ID any of them...
2012-12-02_14-59-35_822Medium.jpg

Continuing...

New, if unboxed spark plugs... Some still in packages. Probably 50-60... Some useful, but a whole lot that I haven't heard of before...
2012-12-02_14-59-55_487Medium.jpg

A whole box of Homelite trimmer spools, and spool retainers.
2012-12-02_15-00-33_454Medium.jpg

Finally these are air compressor, and paint pump pistons sadly... Not that they'll go to waste, but the whole point of the 45 minute drive was an SXL piston.... Such is life, they're all pretty common compressors, so they'll sell along with a bunch of compressor head gaskets, and a few connecting rods.
2012-12-02_15-00-48_724Medium.jpg

Failed to get a photo of the NIB cranks for the demo saw... Such is life, there are a couple of those too...

Forgot about the guide plates... There are a load of them under the fuel/oil caps... Some new, some used, none paired, or ID'd but I imagine that will come with some boredom...

Nope... Only pistons are for compressors, and paint pumps...

If anyone is missing the dogs for a C series, I have them... Apparently I have all of them... Yeesh... I think I can make the money back just selling off the C series dogs for half what I see on the bay...

Not a clue... At the moment I can't walk through the living room as the floor is covered with carb kits, and misc carb parts... The next couple days I'll be out of town dealing with some trees from Sandy at my folks... I may get to the box with carbs, and ignition parts after that.

I am going to need some more parts drawers apparently...

Not a clue... At the moment I can't walk through the living room as the floor is covered with carb kits, and misc carb parts... The next couple days I'll be out of town dealing with some trees from Sandy at my folks... I may get to the box with carbs, and ignition parts after that.

I am going to need some more parts drawers apparently...

How much did you pay for all of that?

I dropped $200 on everything. More than I should have considering I don't actually have any need for any of it that I know of...Most will get sold to recoup the investment I imagine... I mean who really needs 40 or so of the same C series dog...

The guy didn't have the backstory on this stuff... Said a friend of his had it, and didn't want it anymore, so he took it, and sat on it for a year or two until he wanted the parts drawers back, so he put it all on Craigslist, and I happened to see the ad...

I dropped $200 on everything. More than I should have considering I don't actually have any need for any of it that I know of...Most will get sold to recoup the investment I imagine... I mean who really needs 40 or so of the same C series dog...

The guy didn't have the backstory on this stuff... Said a friend of his had it, and didn't want it anymore, so he took it, and sat on it for a year or two until he wanted the parts drawers back, so he put it all on Craigslist, and I happened to see the ad...

But you can make a ton more by selling that.

Well the goal will be to make a little profit, and keep some folks toys running and looking good. Mostly, I would have hated to know this stuff got trashed when the guy got tired of trying to sell it. He had had a few guys come by, but they were looking for stuff for newer saws, saw the Homelite boxes and took off. That works just fine by me...

Just picked up a Homelite C-51 and got her running. Does anyone know of an online source for a parts manual to download? I need to find the part number for the sprocket/clutch drum for a .404 chain set up. Also just to have to reference anything else.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Just picked up a Homelite C-51 and got her running. Does anyone know of an online source for a parts manual to download? I need to find the part number for the sprocket/clutch drum for a .404 chain set up. Also just to have to reference anything else.

I have a NOS Oregon rim dirve drum if you need it. Oregon #10616 Or, use that number to search evilbay.

IPL for C-52 (close) is here: http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Homelite C-52.pdf

Last edited:
I have a NOS Oregon rim dirve drum if you need it. Oregon #10616 Or, use that number to search evilbay.

IPL for C-52 (close) is here: http://s30387.gridserver.com/partsDiagrams/Homelite C-52.pdf

Thank you! There is an older shop here, that has some old homelite stock, and I am going to check there first. If I cant find it locally I may take you up on your generous offer. Looking forward to getting this old battleship into some wood.

pictures or it didn't happen

:blob2::blob2: did it happen??

:blob2::blob2: did it happen??

Nope, didnt have it locally but he did have the .404 chain. Also had Stihl 1/2 chain so I had him make one up for my SW66. :msp_thumbup:

Driver, I am sending you a PM on that drum.

Ooooo you want a picture of the ragged ole saw lol.

Last edited:
Progress...

Well I made it through all the carb kits... Lots of old out of date part numbers to sort through, and lots of partially opened bags I had to confirm the contents of...:dizzy: Still wound up with a bunch of unidentified gaskets, and a number of incomplete kits... Final count of complete kits:
  • Zama - 7
  • Walbro - 10
  • Tillotson - 34

Zama
View attachment 266021

Walbro
View attachment 266025

Tillotson
View attachment 266022

Bag of misc but ID's hardware. (needles, springs, etc)
View attachment 266023

Bag of unknowns.
View attachment 266024

:cheers:

Latest posts

Back