Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got to take out the new animal ...

GEDC1102_zpsdb3073cd.jpg

Here's the like to the non-embeddable (is that a word?) Photobucket video, YES RANDY, I have a red hat ...

GEDC1103_zps46393fdf.mp4 video by Warped5 | Photobucket

Why am I unable to take a decent picture of this saw?

GEDC1105_zps8dcc09f7.jpg

The thing's like nothing I've run before (except maybe cbfarmall's 3100G) and really commands your attention when you're running it.

Nice vid Ted!

As far as the still pic of the saw goes, the snow causes the auto exposure meter on the camera to under expose the pictures. If you don't have a manual override or a snow pic option, just use the forced flash option. That will brighten up anything within 10-15 feet of the camera.

My newest Homey. Super nice C9. Don't know the story on this other than I was told it was a demo model for a saw shop and placed in the attic when it became woefully obsolete.

Sadly, this saw should be nothing compared to what I have on the way. (Not a Homelite)

Chris B.

Chris, I was waiting for you to post pix of that beauty. :msp_wub:

Guys, it looks even better in person!

My newest Homey. Super nice C9. Don't know the story on this other than I was told it was a demo model for a saw shop and placed in the attic when it became woefully obsolete.

Sadly, this saw should be nothing compared to what I have on the way. (Not a Homelite)

Chris B.

c9_14_zpsb1d1724d.jpg

c9_13_zps11ed2e60.jpg

c9_12_zpsaf3c12db.jpg

c9_11_zps47511ce3.jpg

c9_10_zps897ba40e.jpg

Thats a beautiful C-9 Chris. Don't see them like that to often.

Lee

Nice 1130

I've never run a 1130G (any of the geared 1xxx Homies). Does not sound nearly as "crisp" or responsive as my old XP1000 did. Not a high rpm engine, but a real work horse, both in the wood and you horsing them around. Nice looking saw, looks like fun.

Nice vid Ted!

As far as the still pic of the saw goes, the snow causes the auto exposure meter on the camera to under expose the pictures. If you don't have a manual override or a snow pic option, just use the forced flash option. That will brighten up anything within 10-15 feet of the camera.

Thanks Tim! ... definitely looking for the adjustment in the AM.

Nice video...very cool!

Thanks Randy, my son did the honors and did a pretty good job.

Ted, Nice video of your 1130. But it is running a bit lean
And coming down to a high idle to slow. JMO.
Those usually pull like a freight train.

Lee

Uncle Lee, great to hear from you! Happy New Year! First time I've run it in wood, have only started it a couple of times. Has the SDC with the fixed high-side. The video was of the very first cut and I've no idea how long its been since having last been run. It did idle down more normally after being really warmed up, though. I'll be on my toes more the next time it's out to see if this is persistent. Thanks for noticing!

I've never run a 1130G (any of the geared 1xxx Homies). Does not sound nearly as "crisp" or responsive as my old XP1000 did. Not a high rpm engine, but a real work horse, both in the wood and you horsing them around. Nice looking saw, looks like fun.

I can't explain that 'crispness,' but I'm already looking for a 'sibling' 1050 ...

Chris B.

Wow Chris. Ted told me that saw was cherry, and he was right. That's the first C-9 that I've seen with the larger spikes and a full-wrap. Getting something even better on the way eh? That's not sad, so long as you don't toss the C-9 out to the back yard once the 'new' one arrives.:cheers:

Finally got to take out the new animal ...
The thing's like nothing I've run before (except maybe cbfarmall's 3100G) and really commands your attention when you're running it.

Didn't I tell you that'd be the case?:D

I agree with Lee. Sounded too lean to me as well. It was off of 'four stroking' as soon as the chain touched wood (and only returned to 'four stroking' when completely unloaded). Should keep on 'strokin' until you dog it in.......and THEN it should clean up (until you lift pressure.....when it'll start 'strokin' again).

The diaphragms in that SDC may be tired. The metering lever may be set too low too. On those fixed jet carbs, metering lever setting is even more critical. I've found on my fixed-H SDC equipped 1050A that adjusting the L side affects the H side running to a more significant degree than on 'regular' carbs. Rebuild the carb, make sure the metering lever is set right......and richen the L side a bit if needed.
:cheers:

I need to know the part number for the cylinder gasket on a super 2000. Or if its the thin or thick gasket. Thanks for the help.

Super xl 925 fuel leaking out of carb

I recently acquired a Super XL 925 in very clean, but not running condition. I'm pretty sure it still has the original 20" bar with most of the paint still on it! Anyhow, the fuel line was broke off at the tank, and when I pulled it out I could mush it between my fingers. I rinsed out the tank with gas and replaced the fuel line and filter, and then it started on the fifth pull, but ran erratically and leaked fuel out of the carb pretty heavily- even for a few minutes after I shut it off- like a couple tablespoons. So I pulled the carb and reed valve since I figured it needed a carb kit. The carb looked really clean, but the black rubber retainer for the reed valves was torn. I don't know if I tore it when taking it out, but my suspicion is that it was torn, and that somehow was causing the erratic running and fuel leakage. Does that sound plausible, or should I be looking for something else? What could cause gas to leak out of the carb? I already ordered the carb kit, reed valve retainer, and some duck bill gas/oil tank vent valves, but I'd like to know more before I put it all back together.

Also, what's the preferred method for cleaning out a fuel tank without damaging anything like seals or paint?

Thanks!

I recently acquired a Super XL 925 in very clean, but not running condition. I'm pretty sure it still has the original 20" bar with most of the paint still on it! Anyhow, the fuel line was broke off at the tank, and when I pulled it out I could mush it between my fingers. I rinsed out the tank with gas and replaced the fuel line and filter, and then it started on the fifth pull, but ran erratically and leaked fuel out of the carb pretty heavily- even for a few minutes after I shut it off- like a couple tablespoons. So I pulled the carb and reed valve since I figured it needed a carb kit. The carb looked really clean, but the black rubber retainer for the reed valves was torn. I don't know if I tore it when taking it out, but my suspicion is that it was torn, and that somehow was causing the erratic running and fuel leakage. Does that sound plausible, or should I be looking for something else? What could cause gas to leak out of the carb? I already ordered the carb kit, reed valve retainer, and some duck bill gas/oil tank vent valves, but I'd like to know more before I put it all back together.

Also, what's the preferred method for cleaning out a fuel tank without damaging anything like seals or paint?

Thanks!

Unsure what you're referring to as 'the black rubber retainer' is, maybe the reed block itself?

I'd put in a complete carb kit; just because.

Cleaning a fuel tank depends on what's in it. If it is goo, throw in some fuel or mineral spirits with some nuts and bolts. Shake, then soak, then shake some more. Get the chunks out and finish with an old tooth brush.

Super 2000 Question

(Please ignore the "Super" in the title line)

Started playing around with another 2000 and found this one has the piston that uses the Rulon plugs instead of circlips. The IPL calls for this piston in the 2000, however all the others I've seen so far had circlips. I assumed these must have been refitted at some point using newer pistons like found in the 2100S or 3100.

Anyway, this is the first one of these I've came across like this. Thing is, not only does it use the plugs, but there's cutouts on the skirt. The cutouts look very similar to the style used on the 775D/G. Here's a pic with the 2000 piston on the left and a 775 on the right.

attachment.php

Neither IPL for the 775 or 2000 show the pic of the the piston as having cutouts on the piston. So, the big question I have is this cutout original for the 2000, or did somebody get creative and add these to maybe try boost the power? The cut looks fairly accurate, but I question it being original since the molding where a part number is visible is partly cut away.

Thanks,
Dan

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back