Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 1130G is now wearing the bar that cbfarmall brought by (Thanks Chris!) along with new Blue Jet 1/2" chain. We'll be ready for Saturday!

GEDC1084_zps6eb28ff5.jpg

GEDC1082_zps4d999c86.jpg

That's a beauty Ted. What do you figure it weighs with that bar?

I dunno, Tim .. but some math will get us into the neighborhood.

PHO of a 1050 is 19.5 lbs ... I figure the gear drive adds 5 more. The B&C probably adds another 10 .... so we're roughly at 34.5 pounds of rompin' stompin' gear drive wood cuttin' fun! I just hope to remember to get video this weekend.

:msp_thumbsup:

Guys could use a little help, a while back I bought a Homelite 2 cycle water pump and this engine is like no Homelite I've ever seen. It is a big engine with a 2 piece cylinder/head configuration. Recoil and air filter does appear to be a consistent Homelite desgin much like the 1050 and larger. Long story short is a guy is wanting it badly for a kart and I need some help with a couple of questions

1) I know I am not supplying a lot of information but does anyone have a clue as to how many CC's this engine could be?

2) The pump was designed for low rpm operation and with it on a cart I'm thinking he is going to try and make her scream and was just wondering if anyone has experience with these and just how weak is the rod, how many safe rpm's will it handle?

3) Is there a website that anyone knows of that might have information (such as Acresinternet)?

I have a lot of literature buried out here and some stuff with the pumps but never paid much attention.

They did use the same set up as KL98 and KL100 Karts to run a water pump which is close to the 770 775 style motors but those did not have a removable head.

They have made a lot of industrial type stuff that did not interchange with saw stuff.

Post up a pic and lets see it. :D

ScannedImage-31.jpg

I dunno, Tim .. but some math will get us into the neighborhood.

PHO of a 1050 is 19.5 lbs ... I figure the gear drive adds 5 more. The B&C probably adds another 10 .... so we're roughly at 34.5 pounds of rompin' stompin' gear drive wood cuttin' fun! I just hope to remember to get video this weekend.

:msp_thumbsup:

Makes the decision as to whether you cut the log from the top or the bottom really easy. Likely not a go to saw for limbing anyway.
Make sure you wear your hernia belt.
Great looking machine.
Never having seen a gear drive saw let alone run one; with all the power those big saws have what is the point of the gear drive? Were they made before skip chains were available or did they just use them for really long bars?

No geezer moments this weekend Ted. Don't forget the video.

Last edited:
Makes the decision as to whether you cut the log from the top or the bottom really easy. Likely not a go to saw for limbing anyway.
Make sure you wear your hernia belt.
Great looking machine.
Never having seen a gear drive saw let alone run one; with all the power those big saws have what is the point of the gear drive? Were they made before skip chains were available or did they just use them for really long bars?

The guys here from the PNW are the real knowledgeable ones ... it would help if Randy Mac would chime in here instead of embellishing my posts on another board with a dancing banana pirate icon thingy. :hmm3grin2orange:

Most likely a combination of things ...

Gear drive allows you to 'stretch' the bar, as does the use of skip chain.

This critter came with a 60" B&C and helper handle (pix earlier in thread). Where the previous ownership were cutting in the upper Midwest with that setup is beyond me ... I CAN'T WAIT TO RUN THAT SETUP ... EVEN FOR NOODLING!!

Last edited:
The 1130G is now wearing the bar that cbfarmall brought by (Thanks Chris!) along with new Blue Jet 1/2" chain. We'll be ready for Saturday!

]

That thing is sick! Looks like we are going to get some cutting in also for the next three or four days while the weathers half way tolerable. Be safe!

The guys here from the PNW are the real knowledgeable ones ... it would help if Randy Mac would chime in here instead of embellishing my posts on another board with a dancing banana pirate icon thingy. :hmm3grin2orange:

Most likely a combination of things ...

Gear drive allows you to 'stretch' the bar, as does the use of skip chain.

This critter came with a 60" B&C and helper handle (pix earlier in thread). Where the previous ownership were cutting in the upper Midwest with that setup is beyond me ... I CAN'T WAIT TO RUN THAT SETUP ... EVEN FOR NOODLING!!

354.jpg

67-1130g.jpg

ScannedImage-32.jpg

ScannedImage-33.jpg

My newest Homey. Super nice C9. Don't know the story on this other than I was told it was a demo model for a saw shop and placed in the attic when it became woefully obsolete.

Sadly, this saw should be nothing compared to what I have on the way. (Not a Homelite)

Chris B.

c9_14_zpsb1d1724d.jpg

c9_13_zps11ed2e60.jpg

c9_12_zpsaf3c12db.jpg

c9_11_zps47511ce3.jpg

c9_10_zps897ba40e.jpg

The Homelite part of today's cutting trip

Finally got to take out the new animal ...

GEDC1102_zpsdb3073cd.jpg

Here's the like to the non-embeddable (is that a word?) Photobucket video, YES RANDY, I have a red hat ...

GEDC1103_zps46393fdf.mp4 video by Warped5 | Photobucket

Why am I unable to take a decent picture of this saw?

GEDC1105_zps8dcc09f7.jpg

The thing's like nothing I've run before (except maybe cbfarmall's 3100G) and really commands your attention when you're running it.

Back