Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey thanks. This paint is PPG MTK Acrylic urethane, and this is the first saw I have ever painted that wasn't with a rattle can. That is because the opalescent green couldn't be matched, so I had to have it made. The red seems to carry through to the 1980s except the stuff from the 50s seems to be eggshell and later stuff is semi gloss. This is coming from comparing a few nos parts from the different years. The MTK is a single stage which can have a flattening agent added, or can be cleared for up to 7 days which works out nice with decals. That is about all I know cause that's all the paper says :redface: It is a lower price paint from my local knowledgeable auto paint store. Seemed to go ok. By the way, I sandblasted parts that sat for a long time and got light surface corrosion. I cleaned them up in POR prep and ready for a couple minutes and that worked well. It is reusable and I only lost maybe 10% of the quart. It also didn't affect the jb weld filler that I used.
Very nice work very nice :msp_thumbsup:

Hear is my 7-19 I hope to restore one day soon thought Id fire it up today so neighbours don't fall asleep before the new year gets hear lol :popcorn:[video=youtube_share;T1o6UgT_bQI]http://youtu.be/T1o6UgT_bQI[/video]

Homelite 7-19

Hear is some pics of it
IMG_1089_zps334c330b.jpg

IMG_1091_zps80b4cfe3.jpg

IMG_1090_zps6d494d90.jpg

IMG_1094_zps58f6a5e8.jpg

Hear is my 7-19 I hope to restore one day soon thought Id fire it up today so neighbours don't fall asleep before the new year gets hear lol :popcorn:[video=youtube_share;T1o6UgT_bQI]http://youtu.be/T1o6UgT_bQI[/video]

I love the sound of a Homie coming off the governor, sweet sweet music.

What started as a spark plug wire replacement went hay wire on my C51. I just couldnt stop and wound up giving her a make over.

Waiting on the sticker kit for it so I can take it out and start scratching it all up again. I was hesitant to follow BowSaws resto pics but hey, it is what it is.

homelitec51resto029_zps28c5fff6.jpg

homelitec51resto028_zps75d28e7a.jpg

homelitec51resto024_zps3da8d69e.jpg

homelitec51resto023_zpsbf45b29d.jpg

1978 Super 2 red paint?

No that I have my little super 2 purring I would like to blast and paint it but am unsure of what paint to use, any suggestions?

What started as a spark plug wire replacement went hay wire on my C51. I just couldnt stop and wound up giving her a make over.

Waiting on the sticker kit for it so I can take it out and start scratching it all up again. I was hesitant to follow BowSaws resto pics but hey, it is what it is.

nice job. you sure did that fast. what type paint?

It looks nice, good job...:cheers::cheers:

Very nice! Thanks for reminding me...usually piss off the neighbors every new year by blasting off a bunch rounds with the shotgun...but this year I think I will do what you did and blast em out with raw Homelite power...probably the C7 or the Zip is the loudest. Happy new year everyone!

[/QUO Very nice job:msp_thumbsup:

nice job. you sure did that fast. what type paint?

Used a brass wire wheel and took it all down. Small areas I used Stripeaze. 2 coats Rustoleum "sandable" primer, wet sanded with 400. 2 coats of Duplicolor DE1616 Engine enamel. As far as rattle cans, the Engine enamels hold up fairly decent to gas and oil but no promises.

If I was going to retire it I would have considered powder coating but I dont like trailer queens. I just thought she needed to look somewhat as good as she ran. Its going into wood this weekend if the rain stops :D

Guys could use a little help, a while back I bought a Homelite 2 cycle water pump and this engine is like no Homelite I've ever seen. It is a big engine with a 2 piece cylinder/head configuration. Recoil and air filter does appear to be a consistent Homelite desgin much like the 1050 and larger. Long story short is a guy is wanting it badly for a kart and I need some help with a couple of questions

1) I know I am not supplying a lot of information but does anyone have a clue as to how many CC's this engine could be?

2) The pump was designed for low rpm operation and with it on a cart I'm thinking he is going to try and make her scream and was just wondering if anyone has experience with these and just how weak is the rod, how many safe rpm's will it handle?

3) Is there a website that anyone knows of that might have information (such as Acresinternet)?

Guys could use a little help, a while back I bought a Homelite 2 cycle water pump and this engine is like no Homelite I've ever seen. It is a big engine with a 2 piece cylinder/head configuration. Recoil and air filter does appear to be a consistent Homelite desgin much like the 1050 and larger. Long story short is a guy is wanting it badly for a kart and I need some help with a couple of questions

1) I know I am not supplying a lot of information but does anyone have a clue as to how many CC's this engine could be?

2) The pump was designed for low rpm operation and with it on a cart I'm thinking he is going to try and make her scream and was just wondering if anyone has experience with these and just how weak is the rod, how many safe rpm's will it handle?

3) Is there a website that anyone knows of that might have information (such as Acresinternet)?

attachment.php

Back