Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
homelite super 2

Hi,

Someone gave me a super 2, it had a case and a few extra chains so I decided to tinker on it. My problem is that it has a Tillotson 2, RK-36HK carburetor, and I can't find the full rebuild kit on the Tillotson site. I'm guessing that the DG-1HK gasket kit will fit, but thought that I would replace everything when I do it. The carburetor is leaking on the fuel intake cover. Thx!

Hi,

Someone gave me a super 2, it had a case and a few extra chains so I decided to tinker on it. My problem is that it has a Tillotson 2, RK-36HK carburetor, and I can't find the full rebuild kit on the Tillotson site. I'm guessing that the DG-1HK gasket kit will fit, but thought that I would replace everything when I do it. The carburetor is leaking on the fuel intake cover. Thx!

PM sent

Went back today and picked up the next round.

Photo0746_zpsd9d532b0.jpg

Photo0745_zps14af4715.jpg

Photo0744_zps78014e8c.jpg

I picked up most of the decent condition saws, there is still a large pile I will sift through for useable parts, for .20 cents a pound I can not pass them up.

Went back today and picked up the next round...I picked up most of the decent condition saws, there is still a large pile I will sift through for useable parts, for .20 cents a pound I can not pass them up.

i guess noone else is gonna say it so i guess i will.

you, sir, suck.

oh, when you get to thinkin bout unloading some ub dem dere saws i been wantin a 360. just sayin.

Last edited:
Thank You Sir! Around here that is quite a complement.

He deserved a compliment, within 1/2 hour of my asking for help there it was! The faster I get the kit, the quicker I get the saw off my bench. The amount of folks willing to help on this site is amazing. I came here in 2005 looking for help on an old log splitter and I've been learning ever since. Thanks to all.

Quick tuning a XL-102 Walbro SDC

Just put a kit in the carb but I did not write in a notebook how the carb was tuned before took apart. I am trying to search internet and this site for basic tuning or how to start. Example 1 1/2 out and if can dif on H and L. Any help appreciated thanks.

Just put a kit in the carb but I did not write in a notebook how the carb was tuned before took apart. I am trying to search internet and this site for basic tuning or how to start. Example 1 1/2 out and if can dif on H and L. Any help appreciated thanks.

I forget exactly but I think it was 1 1/8 as a starting point then adjust from there, don't forget to run it in the wood for final adjustment.

Latest posts

Back