Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The King right there.. Nice 8-29!!

Anybody run a 750 with the WB-2 carb instead of the WB-9 and see a difference?

I could be wrong. But i think Hoss has done that swap
and noticed nice gains in power. I think it was done to
the 750 Tournament of Kings saws back in the day.

Lee

I'm thinkin 3/32, I use Stihl line. I know but it works and
its black not the tygon stuff. I just measured with a tape
and looks very close to 3/32 id.

Lee

I used 3/32" ID Tygon. Was a tad small, but worked. I think the OEM Homelite black line is slightly over 3/32". .117x.211 line would probably work great. I used OEM Homelite impulse line for the impulse.

The King right there.. Nice 8-29!!

Anybody run a 750 with the WB-2 carb instead of the WB-9 and see a difference?

I could be wrong. But i think Hoss has done that swap
and noticed nice gains in power. I think it was done to
the 750 Tournament of Kings saws back in the day.

Lee

That's interesting. I just rebuildt a WB-2 for a Super 650 project that went south. At least maybe I can try it on the 750.

That's interesting. I just rebuildt a WB-2 for a Super 650 project that went south. At least maybe I can try it on the 750.

Further digging say's that the WB42 may be the same. I've asked several Kart places to shed some light on the subject, waiting a response and will let you know.

Anybody with a WB-2 willing to give it up?

I see the difference now. The WB-2 has a much larger venturi.
WB-2 in left and WB-9 on right.
nazegy7e.jpg

I see the difference now. The WB-2 has a much larger venturi.
WB-2 in left and WB-9 on right.
nazegy7e.jpg

23.8mm to be exact, I believe the WB-9 is only 19mm or so. The WB-42 has 25.4 intake and throttle with a 23.8 venturi. It may fit, but I'm not sure... it's listed as having some similarities as the WB-2 and the 42 has a choke.

This ended up in the back of my truck, thank you chainsaw fairy, a little wd down the hole and it freed right up, should have enough parts here to finish it up.

Photo0769_zps999a9a10.jpg

Photo0770_zps45642927.jpg

Photo0771_zps29d19ec3.jpg

Yup, Remington bar.

I have quite a few. But I have refrained from putting them on my Homies. Just ain't right.;)

Thanks. It does look quite a bit like whats on my Super 754. I think it looks cool on that SXL anyways. Gives it a unique different look. I picked up that saw today for $15 bucks missing the recoil. I had a extra recoil laying around so I figured that i'd better get it. Slapped it on, gets spark, 145 on the comp tester, piston looks alright, cleaned the carb, put in a new line and...boom! I don't have any gas left :laugh:. Looks like I will have to get some tomorrow and see if she'll spin!

Have you guys ever seen a bar like this on a Super XL? I have seen 100s of SXL's and have never seen a roller nose like this on one. It fits too. Oil holes line up and she spins freely. View attachment 287472

Remington made bars for other manufacturers saws as well, not just for their own. That is a cool bar for sure.

Further digging say's that the WB42 may be the same. I've asked several Kart places to shed some light on the subject, waiting a response and will let you know.

Anybody with a WB-2 willing to give it up?

Extensive conversations with Walbro themselves has revealed some interesting facts...

The WB-9 was made for the 750
The WB-2 was made for the Super 650
The WB-22A/22ACR was never released in the US
The WB-24A/24ACR and WB42 were Karting applications.... these carbs run $100 and are very special to one particular Kart design, the kit alone runs >$50

I have the actual production drawings for these carbs and they are almost exactly the same EXCEPT... Jetting. The WB-2 and 9 were jetted for the chainsaw and the WB-22/24/42 are jetted for Karts, meaning you'd have to turn the jet in a little more, like 1/2 turn instead of the standard 1.25 turns. All except the WB-9 have 23.8mm venturi, the WB-9 is 20.9mm and why the Super 650 gives a good kick to the 750...

These all have the choke and may vary slightly with how the throttle shaft is connected to the linkage, meaning you may need to change the connecting devise to fit a saw throttle rod, each looks a little different (for a kart remember).

But anyway, we now know that there are alternatives for a replacement carb on you 650/750 saw. I've been watching for a WB-2 for two years now... problem solved!

Extensive conversations with Walbro themselves has revealed some interesting facts...

The WB-9 was made for the 750
The WB-2 was made for the Super 650
The WB-22A/22ACR was never released in the US
The WB-24A/24ACR and WB42 were Karting applications.... these carbs run $100 and are very special to one particular Kart design, the kit alone runs >$50

I have the actual production drawings for these carbs and they are almost exactly the same EXCEPT... Jetting. The WB-2 and 9 were jetted for the chainsaw and the WB-22/24/42 are jetted for Karts, meaning you'd have to turn the jet in a little more, like 1/2 turn instead of the standard 1.25 turns. All except the WB-9 have 23.8mm venturi, the WB-9 is 20.9mm and why the Super 650 gives a good kick to the 750...

These all have the choke and may vary slightly with how the throttle shaft is connected to the linkage, meaning you may need to change the connecting devise to fit a saw throttle rod, each looks a little different (for a kart remember).

But anyway, we now know that there are alternatives for a replacement carb on you 650/750 saw. I've been watching for a WB-2 for two years now... problem solved!

Good info, Randy!

So, the standard K10-WB kit won't work on the WB-42, any idea why not?

Latest posts

Back