Homelite Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Homelite 750 parts available, message me with an offer on individual parts.

Attachments

• IMG_4029.jpeg
    IMG_4029.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4053.jpeg
    IMG_4053.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
After resolving the ignition issues the XL-925 exhibited air leak symptoms so a more complete tear down was in order to deal with the leaking cylinder/base gasket.

20240705_101218.jpg

20240705_101212.jpg

I had to be a bit creative to get that back plate (crankcase cover) to seal up with two broken ears. In any case the saw is now fully operational again.

20240706_082829.jpg

20240706_082928.jpg

I must say it pulls pretty well with that 24" bar.

Mark

Good afternoon, everyone. I came across a Homelite 550 full wrap with a lot of potential on FB Marketplace. The saw is located in Newbury Ohio. I was the first to offer to purchase, but they declined to ship to Virginia. The listing is now for local pickup only. Here's the saw offered at $80.00. Best to all, and someone nearby in Ohio grab this 550 up! Max.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/369794436136558/

1722117135595.png

Good morning, all. I wanted to reach out an learn if anyone has a Homelite 8800 chain brake decal they'd be willing to part with. Mine's missing and I've not seen any being reproduced on the web. It's a tall ask I know but wanted to try. Be safe and hydrated this week, especially on the East Coast. Max.

Welp... after initially thinking all was good, my 240 seems to have a pretty bad air leak, and I'm suspecting the crank bearings and seals. The crank feels like it has about .050" of radial play in the bearings.

Does anyone have part numbers for bearings and seals, or am I pretty much left with the option to overpay for NOS parts?

I'm 90% certain that the seal dimensions (shaft & bore) match the PM6/MM/300 Series saws. See if you can check the dimensions and I can verify the measurements for the little McCulloch saws.

I don't have any idea what they used for bearings.

Mark
Mark I wonder if I'd simply have to get it apart, mic the bearings and seals (and crank) and just source them through a supplier?

Pictures I've seen on eBay look the same as the needle bearings that ride on the crankshaft as used in a Mini Mac, they might even be the same dimensions.

I can't see myself spending $75 - 100 for NOS bearings and seals for a saw that I literally have about $20 invested into...

Mark I wonder if I'd simply have to get it apart, mic the bearings and seals (and crank) and just source them through a supplier?

Pictures I've seen on eBay look the same as the needle bearings that ride on the crankshaft as used in a Mini Mac, they might even be the same dimensions.

I can't see myself spending $75 - 100 for NOS bearings and seals for a saw that I literally have about $20 invested into...

You'll probably be able to find bearing numbers stamped after you disassemble.

Back