Husqvarna question "288's"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would use the 181 cylinder over the 281. The 181 is much higher quality being made by Gilardoni as opposed to the Mahle 281 and supposedly has a smaller combustion chamber. I have a take off here that came with a 2 thin ring full circle windowed piston. When I took it off the stock saw it was blowing 160psi and I don't think it have a decompression valve.

181 for the play saw or a work saw?

Ok, so the blue top allows the use of a bigger and better K&N air filter. So, I would imagine that it must also have a ram air effect, is that right? I've never seen one before, who makes them and where do you get them?

Thanks, Ryan

NLA. Made by a company that was in Idaho. You can convert the 181/281 to the high top 288 style.

Want one bad! A saw that earn's respect in a Stihl crowd!

I was showing signs of being heavily brand biased toward Stihl equipment due to my great success running and owning several of their products. My recent purchase of a 288xp has me believing that Huskys aren't so bad afterall, this saw flat out tears thru the wood. I even mentioned to my Stihl dealer that I had bought a complete, running, and decent looking 288xp for under $300, he was impressed. He said "Those are great saws, I would have bought it, too!"

My buddy has a 288 he can't use anymore. Trie'd to talk him out of it with ton's of offer's. Said he would take a good saw in trade, but don't have any I want to part with. Someday I will come up with something.

Nmurph, he would probably take mt 044, but me and that saw been through alot, and I know every inch of it, and the shape it's in. Just hard for me to part with saw's, and gun's. I collect the good one's that fit me, and are very usable, and practical. So I have been hunting localy to see what I could come up with. I will come up with a saw for him, or another 288 in the process LOL!

Back