Hybrid Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They run better because of the port timing, not so much the shape of the CC.

I agree whole heartedly.

That's a great running saw.

Go to the 3:35 mark in the video above. That's with an 8-pin rim, pulling full comp chain on a buried 28" bar, in frozen hardwood, with a pretty heavy load.

I get the feeling that there's a perception that a saw that makes RPMs doesn't have torque. That doesn't have to be case. Forget the RPMs this saw tunes to and simply observe the power in the cut. It takes a lot of torque to maintain RPMs in the cut with a load like that. Don't over do it with the compression, get the port timing right, and your hybrid will be one of the most impressive saws you've ever ran.

Love the hybrid video. I'm getting all worked up thinking about this and stuff :crazy2:

044 oilers are stingy. I would never attempt to run anything over a 28" with a stock oiler for an extended period of time. Maybe a few cuts......but that's it.
Ive owned 5-6 044/440's. All of them the same.....stingy mofo's
Just sayin....

Is there any potential fix, mod for the oilers to make them "liberal" (as much as I hate the word) with oil :D

I understand this
Run .063 guage chain and they oil fine,rum .404 and they oil even better ,i have no mods to my oilers and the chain is always wet
to be accepted, but with 10,000 rpm x 7 drivers = oooohhh let's say about 70,000 drivers per minute. Seems like an awful lot of links grabbing a miniscule amount of oil to be thinking about an extra .013".

Back