I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thanks for the headsup johnny. there were three snipers on this one. unfortunately i wasn't high bidder. sweet saw though. went for a song and dance

The Wright 141 was actually a rebranded Poulan 401. 4ci/65cc. The 3.6ci/59cc Wright 136 was the rebranded Poulan 361. That saw went for CHEAP. I'm sorry I missed it...:bang:

3 old chainsaws Homelite MAC

What model might the Mac be? I-70:msp_confused:

That looks older than a 1-70 Shane. Probably a McCulloch 44 or Super 44. That's a SCREAMING deal for those three saws. Looks to be a Homelite Zip, a Homelite Wiz (or other similar gear drive), and the McCulloch. The gear drive Homelite looks really nice. Full wrap bar. Go get 'em Shane! I may be interested in the Homelite gear drive if you do. I can help you with parts for 'em (as can others) if needed. The McCulloch needs a starter screen, but I believe I know a member here who has one he doesn't need. Other bits for that saw are common. It may have the early McCulloch carb, which can be a bit of a pain. I think Sugar Creek is making kits for them now.....................and you could always replace it with a Tillotson HL if needed.

We thought you had no money ..... :confused:

:monkey:

I ALSO SAID that my situation was improving. What are you....................my MOM? You're giving folks the wrong impression of me.

Why don'tcha blow me....
a kiss my friend...:jester:

Last edited:
Here is a much cleaner one. Too bad the seller has it priced like there are two in the deal.

I saw that one earlier. He's out of his tree. Look closer Ted. It's not cleaner. Just has had a crappy rattle can spray job. There's overspray on the choke button, AF cover nameplate, gas cap, and other places. The saw in the feebay listing I mentioned above is just as clean...................but has original paint (that's largely worn away). For the asking prices, I'd lean towards the original saw. It's got a full wrap bar too. A carb rebuild, fuel lines, and a little TLC for the starter would probably make a good runner. Looks like the full-wrap handlebar could use a bit of straightening. The metal looks like it wouldn't take much to prep it for a good paint job either. Too bad he didn't shoot any pics of the underside. I have no connection or personal experience with either seller however, so all this is just taken from a quick look at each listing. Buyer beware, as always...

Last edited:
I saw that one earlier. He's out of his tree. Look closer Ted. It's not cleaner. Just has had a crappy rattle can spray job. There's overspray on the choke button, AF cover nameplate, gas cap, and other places. The saw I listed is just as clean...................but has original paint (that's largely worn away). For the asking prices, I'd lean towards the original saw...

Good eye, Aaron! But you know I don't clean the computer screen until the 1st!

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back