I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good eye, Aaron! But you know I don't clean the computer screen until the 1st!

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

Just like some people's bathing schedules Ted. Once a month..............................whether it needs it or not!:jester:

You should see our TV screen. The youngster (3) keeps putting fingerprints, crayon, sneezes, and other gunk on the screen. It's AMAZING how much better it looks after a bit of elbow grease and glass cleaner...:cheers:

Sigh.....

I'll let you in on a little secret. I put the link to that listing here (and made sure to talk it up a bit) because when I saw it listed on feebay I bid on the damn thing in a weak moment. Now I'm hoping somebody else will bid on it and get me off the hook. Luckily, I had just made a 'token bid' (less than $5), and will most likely get rescued from myself. I DO NOT need another McCulloch 250. Heck, I parted out the last one I had (it was ugly.....with broken external parts, and I only paid $7 for it).

Everything I said about that listing is how I feel about it (no BS). That's why I fell victom to my CAD and bid on the damn thing. At least it won't break the bank if I end up 'wining' the auction. Guess I 'win' either way..:D

Last edited:
WTF is going on there? People actually bid it up to that price!?!?! Haven't they seen the same damn things for $39 or so at the Stihl dealer???:confused:

I got a brand new one at a local Army surplus store for $10. I like it better because the bar cover can be removed and it fits my 044 like a glove.

Last edited:
WTF is going on there? People actually bid it up to that price!?!?! Haven't they seen the same damn things for $39 or so at the Stihl dealer???:confused:

I need about 100 of them damn things. :laugh: Your right Aaron something is not right about that auction.

Just like some people's bathing schedules Ted. Once a month..............................whether it needs it or not!:jester:

You should see our TV screen. The youngster (3) keeps putting fingerprints, crayon, sneezes, and other gunk on the screen. It's AMAZING how much better it looks after a bit of elbow grease and glass cleaner...:cheers:

Sigh.....

I'll let you in on a little secret. I put the link to that listing here (and made sure to talk it up a bit) because when I saw it listed on feebay I bid on the damn thing in a weak moment. Now I'm hoping somebody else will bid on it and get me off the hook. Luckily, I had just made a 'token bid' (less than $5), and will most likely get rescued from myself. I DO NOT need another McCulloch 250. Heck, I parted out the last one I had (it was ugly.....with broken external parts, and I only paid $7 for it).

Everything I said about that listing is how I feel about it (no BS). That's why I fell victom to my CAD and bid on the damn thing. At least it won't break the bank if I end up 'wining' the auction. Guess I 'win' either way..:D

I thought you didn't have any money? :jester:

Sorry, I just wanted to say it before your mom did. :)

I agree Johnnie

This is a very nice representation of Homelite's C-91 chainsaw.

85.5cc with a professional 3/8 pitch, two piece rim sprocket.

Great restoration candidate since it runs, oils, cuts and idles as it should.

The hardware looks correct and all the screws I looked at came off and went back on as they should.

I didn't find any home made repairs, welds, stripped threads, or any such thing but for the paint-job on the starter shroud.

There is some black tape on the bottom of the black rubber starting handle. (see

Pics)The brass chain tension pin looks to have been modified (made slightly smaller) to accept

the smaller 3/8 bars.
The badge was not on the starter when I took pictures, it's on there now.

A great reliable farm saw.

As is and all that stuff, however it is solid.
48 States only, thanks for looking
After payment clears I will ship it.
No PO boxes, thanks for looking.

OK........................

WHAT starter handle? WHAT starter shroud? There AREN'T any in the pics.....and he sez "As is and all that stuff". How can it be a runner if there's no flywheel cover or starter assembly? All I see is the 'tube' for the overrunning bearing starter on the flywheel.

Also, he mentions that somebody modified the bar tensioner "to accept the smaller 3/8" bars". That means somebody was running XL-pattern Homelite bars on this powerhead (a common............though bad practice) because both the XL bars and the large frame Homelite bars have a 3/8" stud slot. There's two problems with this.

#1 is that the oiler slot on the powerhead is often partially uncovered by the smaller bar tail. This makes most of the oil just run down the saw instead of oiling the chain. Not that big of a deal here, since the ruined bar and chain aren't part of the auction.

#2 (which IS important here) is that the smaller bar tail of the XL bars will often let the chain rivets and sideplates eat up the bar plates, drive case, and clutch cover. Notice there's no pics of the saw with the clutch cover removed. Again......................buyer beware. That's a $20 parts saw to me....

Last edited:
Hello,

Your pics of the saw do not show the flywheel cover or starter. Are they included in your "as is and all that stuff" auction? Please put up a pic or two of the complete saw, with everything that's included in the auction (or change the description to state that those parts aren't included). If you can, would you please post a pic of the bottom of the saw, and also a couple of pics of the right side of saw with the clutch/bar cover removed? Thanks for your time!

Let's see if anything comes of this....:popcorn::popcorn:

Edit:
Well the seller got back to me. Seems to know a bit about saws. He was having trouble uploading pics, but figured it out. There's pics of the flywheel cover and starter now. He also put up pics of the right side of the saw with the CC removed, and put up a pic of the botom of the saw. Looks pretty good overall. The drivecase doesn't look to have been chewed by the chain. I didn't see any bar plates however. Still a bit overpriced in my opinion, but looks to be a good C-91 afterall. Wonder if he's a member here...

Last edited:
You mean if I get mine running I'm going to be rich?

Guess I shouldn't have parted out my $7 running but ugly and busted up McCulloch 250 afterall. I could have made a buncha money on it.............................if the current ebay saw pricing craziness is to be given credit.....:laugh:

If I had the space for these i'd grab em in a second. Maybe someone here wants em? (don't ask, I won't mail them)

4 Drag Saws
2 vaughn and 1 sears and a wade, the one vaughn runs and so does the sears, wade will run, oh and i think i got 5 blades one is a 7 or 8 footer, no time to restore jus need em gone

Latest posts

Back