I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pics in link

Dolmar PS-7900 Pro Chainsaw

Dolmar PS-7900 Pro Chainsaw - $500 (Newark, DE)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-08-29, 9:37AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mint condition, super clean. Dolmar PS-7900 (made in Germany). 24" bar, new chain. This is a pro saw,
very light (14 lb.) and 6.3 Hp. Sells for over $800 new. This one has heavy-duty high flow air filter kit for
more power and extended run-time between cleanings. This is a real beast and will get the job done.

CASH ONLY. Call Greg (302) 239-0975 or email.

Pics in link

SACHS DOLMAR 112 Ltd Special Edition

SACHS DOLMAR 112 Ltd Special Edition - $150 (Lititz PA 17543)

Date: 2011-07-27, 7:06AM EDT
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]

MANUFACTURED BY:
DOLMAR MASCHINEN-FABRIK GmbH & Co.
HAMBURG, GERMANY

YEAR INTRODUCED:
ENGINE DISPLACEMENT: 51 cc (3.1 cu. in.)
NUMBER OF CYLINDERS: 1
CYLINDER BORE: 45 mm (1.77 in.)
PISTON STROKE: 32 mm (1.26 in.)
CYLINDER TYPE: Aluminum with chrome plated bore
INTAKE METHOD: Piston ported
MANUFACTURER ADVERTISED H.P.: 2.2 kW (5 HP SAE)
WEIGHT :5.1 kg with 33 cm bar & chain 13.7 lbs. with 13 in. bar & chain
OPERATOR CONFIGURATION: One Man operation
HANDLEBAR SYSTEM: Anti-vibration
CHAIN BRAKE: Yes
CLUTCH: Centrifugal
DRIVE TYPE: Direct
CONSTRUCTION: Die cast magnesium
MAGNETO TYPE: Electronic
CARBURETOR: Tillotson HK-21A, B, C HK-37 or Bing 48B102 series
MAJOR REPAIR KIT: RK-34HK for HK-37
MINOR REPAIR KIT: DG-1HK for HK-37
AIR FILTER SYSTEM: Nylon mesh element
STARTER TYPE: Dolmar automatic rewind
OIL PUMP: Automatic, adjustable

IGNITION TIMING: fixed
BREAKER POINT SETTING: none
FLYWHEEL/COIL AIR GAP: 0.3 mm (0.012 in.)
SPARK PLUG TYPE: Bosch WSR6F
SPARK PLUG GAP: 0.5mm (0.020 in.)
CRANKSHAFT MAIN BEARINGS: Ball
FUEL OIL RATIO: 40:1
RECOMMENDED FUEL OCTANE: Regular
MIX OIL SPECIFICATION: Dolmar two-cycle mix
CHAIN PITCH: 3/8 in. or .325 in.
BAR MOUNT PATTERN: 01 link
SHORTEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 33cm (13 in.)
LONGEST GUIDE BAR SUPPLIED: 45cm (18 in.)

RUNS Great

Call ask for big Nate (717)201-8722

I hope I can make it. Been kind of in the dog house lately:( so not sure how that is going to work out.

Drag race car in garage equals not so happy wife:msp_angry:

Yah, but a dog will lick your face and never argue. :msp_rolleyes:

Even for a scrap yard find, that saw's UGLY!

SACHS DOLMAR 112 Ltd Special Edition - $150 (Lititz PA 17543)

Pretty sure this one's been up before ...

I would say "good eye", but it doesn't even take a good eye to see that one. The rear handle with the choke switch is the most obvious part to me. Also missing the back hood. That saw is worth less than $50, and is one of the most overpriced purchases I have ever seen on Ebay.

The most interesting part is now he has it re-listed as a 44A.

MCCULLOCH 44A CHAINSAW POWERHEAD RUNS BUT NEEDS PART | eBay

Hmmmm. Maybe if I write my description in large all capital letters it will look like I know what I'm talking about?

The most interesting part is now he has it re-listed as a 44A.

Hmmmm. Maybe if I write my description in large all capital letters it will look like I know what I'm talking about?

I've bought a bar or two from him. IIRC, there's at least one AS member here who knows him. Can't remember who that is, but I do remember them chiming in when we were discussing one of this seller's earlier listings. He's big on using the CAPS and the 'powerful language' to describe items. Maybe that AS memeber saw our discussion here and gave him a heads up. At least we know what saw it is now. A Super 44A is somewhat desirable, but not at that price for that condition.....

I was in Tomball yesterday, for some strange reason I didn't contact the seller.

Homelite Chain Saw

Ads for the above saw have been posted advertised for a couple of months, with no price reduction.

Glad I only paid $13 for the one I got yesterday. :hmm3grin2orange:

Woo hoo, you saved $287.00, time to buy your wife some new shoes ;).

I really wonder if the person who keeps running that ad is totally clueless, or just enjoys posting that saw every few days.

We've had sellers on my local CL like that. In the Sac CL there's a guy who's been listing a used Homelite XL98 demo saw off and on for the last 3 or 4 years or so. IIRC, the first time he listed it for something like $1200. Every few months he relists it. Every second listing or so he knocks about $50 off of the asking price. The last time I saw it (six months or so ago) it was at the bargain price of $550 or so...

There have been several Stihl 090 listings in my local CL over the last few years. All have been high $$. There's a few guys running "wanted, Stihl 070/090" ads too. The highest 090 ad I remember seeing was $2500 for a nice looking (but NOT new) 090G with a long bar...

Then there was the guy that listed a somewhat crusty looking McCulloch 895 gear drive with a rusty 48" bar for something crazy like $1200. Had some 'creative' language about it being some grand beast of the forest. I think I saved the listing. It's been six months or so. If he put his # in the listing maybe I'll call him in another six months or so to see if he's on planet earth yet....:D

HEY, SHAUN!!!! WAKE UP!!!! :check:

see post above ----> http://www.arboristsite.com/stickies/9809-704.htm#post3131400

COPYCAT!!

for that, I threw out your 394 parts! :jester: :msp_ohmy:

You're assuming that I read your posts. All of the mood icons and the text formatting are distracting and I just pass right over them. Just like the description in the eBay add. Now that deserves a :check:

And don't be throwing away those 394 parts... every time you do that I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick a 288 case into mag powder.

You're assuming that I read your posts. All of the mood icons and the text formatting are distracting and I just pass right over them. Just like the description in the eBay add. Now that deserves a :check:

And don't be throwing away those 394 parts... every time you do that I'll have Chuck Norris roundhouse kick a 288 case into mag powder.

Allow me to retort (in a Samuel L Jackson voice)

the 1st post (linked above) had no SUCH formatting, or emoticons, as-you-say distract you.... ;)

I have a couple 288 cases in various un-useable conditions that you could allow chuck to take care of ;)

you better not stand too close... Chuck Norris' kick is SO FAST it actually ignites the mag powder into a fireball on the back kick from the lightning bolt created :laugh:

J

Allow me to retort (in a Samuel L Jackson voice)

the 1st post (linked above) had no SUCH formatting, or emoticons, as-you-say distract you.... ;)

I have a couple 288 cases in various un-useable conditions that you could allow chuck to take care of ;)

you better not stand too close... Chuck Norris' kick is SO FAST it actually ignites the mag powder into a fireball on the back kick from the lightning bolt created :laugh:

J

But if you send me 394 parts I'll have Chuck put two tree huggin' hippies into orbit with one kick, and I'll also send you some 288 parts.

after being married for many years i finally figured out that the wife is going to be unhappy about something. might as well be something that makes me happy. eh?

It has been returned to my friends house as of this afternoon.

It is not street legal and has around 600hp open headers. Can you hear me now:msp_w00t:

His house is only a block away but one can have a lotta of fun in the distance:hmm3grin2orange:

Maybe things around here will be a little better now.

that's all? :poke: why not run mufflers then? :laugh:

easy now-a-days to make BIG power and be street legal... unless it's a drag-dedicated car, or you are restricted by class rules ;) ...

Strictly drag car, Built for no other purpose. I got a 11.21@121mph out of it last year. Launched it on the third run last year and car went sideways going into second:msp_angry: and it still trapped at 121 after getting out of it and back on the throttle.

Hope to get in the High 10s on the 18th if weather works in our favor.

I think the 600hp is a conservative number. It is a 351 stroked to 408 boss heads and a lot of other goodies. Trans brake MSD etc..... I have only made three runs on the car and currently shifting at 6,500rpm...it will go higher.

Strictly drag car, Built for no other purpose. I got a 11.21@121mph out of it last year. Launched it on the third run last year and car went sideways going into second:msp_angry: and it still trapped at 121 after getting out of it and back on the throttle.

Hope to get in the High 10s on the 18th if weather works in our favor.

I think the 600hp is a conservative number. It is a 351 stroked to 408 boss heads and a lot of other goodies. Trans brake MSD etc..... I have only made three runs on the car and currently shifting at 6,500rpm...it will go higher.

Good choice of Brand :cheers:

solid roller??

Latest posts

Back