I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, there's a 1074 pioneer on ebay right now listed as rare.

They only made about 2 million of them in different variations. I must have 15 or more, most of them would probably run...

It started at $1000 or $1200. I posted a pic a couple of weeks ago. He told me $110 was the bottom dollar. He also said he was not going to spell Stihl correctly because "if you know about saws, you know what you're looking at" I don't think he is playing with a full deck.

The "not playing with a full deck" thing is worrisome. I have a friend that's a sheriff's deputy, I think I'ma wait till he's available to go look at that thing. That way there are 2 armed people going. 2 is 1 and 1 is none.

The "not playing with a full deck" thing is worrisome. I have a friend that's a sheriff's deputy, I think I'ma wait till he's available to go look at that thing. That way there are 2 armed people going. 2 is 1 and 1 is none.

So, then......the motto "An Army of one' really is based on a falsehood.....??......:msp_unsure:

I've seen McCulloch PM610/605/3.7/Etc saws listed as "vintage", "rare", and "muscle saws".....:laugh:

They aren't bad saws and seem to have a lot of low end grunt. But the only muscles involved are the ones you need to haul the overweight sucker around all day. The weight of a 066 with the proformance of a 039.......

So, then......the motto "An Army of one' really is based on a falsehood.....??......:msp_unsure:

That marketing/recruiting campaign made no sense. The "Army Strong" campaign is much better.

That's sensible. I've had the hair go up on the back of my neck when going with a CL seller and his 'friends' around back to the barn where the saw is. Why the heck didn't you bring it out front? Luckily, all was well. I made sure they knew I was watching them and kept my back to the wall. Still, better to have someone else watching your back while you're checking out a saw. I've pulled 'security duty' on more than a few CL and newspaper classifieds ad trips over the years. Having a CCW is like owning a pickup. You know you'll be called by friends in need...:msp_unsure:

They aren't bad saws and seem to have a lot of low end grunt. But the only muscles involved are the ones you need to haul the overweight sucker around all day. The weight of a 066 with the proformance of a 039.......

Never said they were bad saws (although I'm not a fan). Just laughed at them being called "rare", "vintage", and "muscle saws". They aren't any of those things. Weight of an 066. Performance just north of an 029...

For $110 you can have this

2011-08-19_07-22-42_804.jpg

I don't know if that's worth the trip. For what it's worth I never felt in danger when I was there. :)

That saying, 2 is one and 1 is none is a small unit tactics saying.
For $110 you can have this

http://i1115.photobucket.com/albums/k558/thomascustom/2011-08-19_07-22-42_804.jpg

I don't know if that's worth the trip. For what it's worth I never felt in danger when I was there. :)
The way he has it listed 50 times in 4 different areas set off my scammer radar. I've gone to a few places for stuff off craigslist that REALLY weirded me out. That saw's worth about tree fitty. :D I do believe I'll pass on that basket case.

Latest posts

Back