I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hell, I have one of those if someone is interested in it for CHEAP ;)

it's in VERY nice shape compared to THAT pile he's selling :)

I ALSO have a 605, and a 610 if someone wanted those ;)

Aaron, C'mon MAN.... you don't think a 610 would OUTCUT a 029/290??? Your crazy, man!! :jester: :bang:

I hate them cinderblocks. I think that is known here. I ran both a PM650 and an 029 Super.

Its not as close as you would think, Mac wins this one, especially in bigger wood. Way easier to handle the 029/290, and I'm not about to claim its easier to work on one or the other motor wise, but it is easier to do carb related things on the Stihl. And an 029/Super has a much better shot than a 290.

No, I'm not interested in either.

MCCULLOCH CHAINSAW "BLACK MAX" SPECIAL EDITION XI | eBay

This feller has got to be kidding me......

And I quote:
"OVER THE PAST SEVEN YEARS ONLY 10 "BLACK MAX" SPECIAL EDITIONS HAVE BEEN SELECTED AND ALL HAVE BEEN SOLD ON EBAY, THEY HAVE BEEN SENT ALL OVER THE WORLD, THE LAST ONE SOLD REMAINED IN THE UNITED STATES, THE ONE BEFORE IT WENT TO "BULGARIA"..... THIS IS SPECIAL EDITION XI.

"BLACK MAX" CHAINSAWS ARE HARD-TO-FIND, THEYARE SELECTED WHEN THEY SHOW EXCEPTIONAL POWER AND TORQUE IN THE "HARDCUT", THEY MUST START EASILY, BE A ONE-OWNER AND PASS A RIGID SAW TEST WHICH CONSISTS OF CUTTING THRU A HARDENED 30 INCH TEST LOG AT THE RATE OF ONE INCH PER SECOND. COMPRESSION GAUGES SHOW THAT A SAW HAS COMPRESSION, SAW TESTS DETERMINE WHAT A SAW CAN REALLY DO. I PREFER TO GAUGE MY SAWS BASED ON HOW THEY PERFORM.

THIS "BLACK MAX" HAS A 3.5 CID (58CC) ENGINE THAT DEVELOPS 3.75HP FASTER THAN WEEDS CAN GROW IN A FRESH PLOWED GARDEN, IT EASILY TURNS 10,000 RPMS WHILE TURNING 70 DRIVE LINKS ON A "SOLID/ARMOR BAR" MFG FOR MCCULLOCH CORP BY SANDVIK WHICH IS EQUIPPED WITH A WINDSOR POWER SPROCKET TIP. THE 20 INCH BAR IS USED BUT IN "EXCELLENT" CONDITION AND IS EQUIPPED WITH A NEW WINDSOR NON-SAFETY "FULL CHISEL" CHAIN. THERE ARE NO SAFETY BUMPERS ON THIS CHAIN SO PRIOR CHAINSAW EXPERIENCE IS RECOMMENDED. THIS IS A PRO-SERIES CHAINSAW EQUIPPED WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEATURES EXPECTED ON A PROFESSIONAL HI-PERFORMANCE SAW.

THE FOLLOWING NEW PARTS HAVE BEEN ADDED: AIR FILTER, FUEL FILTER, SPARK PLUG, BUCKING SPIKES, INSIDE BAR GUIDE (CYCLINDER JACKET), WINDSOR CHAIN, SPARK PLUG WIRE/LEAD, NEW BAR NUTS AND A NEW STARTER ROPE. THIS SAW HAS BEEN RE-PAINTED USING A BLACK SATIN "PARKERIZED" FINISH, ALL PARTS HAVE BEEN SANDED, THE CHAINBRAKE COVER WAS SANDBLASTED, PRIMERED AND RE-FINISHED.

THIS CHAINSAW IS OFFERED "AS USED AND AS IS" WITH "NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS" ALLOWED. AS ALWAYS MY CHAINSAWS HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY SERVICED AND DETAILED AND ARE "READY TO DO BUSINESS" WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT YOUR DOORSTEP, JUST ASK ANYONE THAT HAS EVER BOUGHT ONE FROM ME. A COPY OF THE 600 SERIES OWNER'S MANUAL WILL BE FURNISHED. PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT ANOTHER FINE QUALITY CHAINSAW FROM ... JOHNS CUSTOM SAWS.

NOTE: I WILL SHIP WORLDWIDE BUT ANYONE LIVING OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES MUST EMAIL ME FOR A SHIPPING QUOTE BEFORE THEY BID.

DISCLAIMER: MCCULLOCH CORPORATION NEVER MFG A "BLACK MAX" MODEL, THIS IS A SPECIAL EDITION THAT WAS DESIGNED AS A "CUSTOM" MODEL BY JOHNS CUSTOM SAWS."

I Have seen his posts before!

Three things give him away:
- Almost always chooses the 'cinder block' saws
- Appears to do (to his credit) VERY meticulous work
- Always takes his photos on the same tree stump

In his posts, if you had $.25 for each adjective he uses, you'd be a wealthy man .... :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

That is about an over embellished ad if ever I've heard one! WTF is a "Parkerized" finish, been in the paint and body business, custom cars and bikes, saws for over 35 years and can't say I've ever heard that one...
Brian and Tina

MCCULLOCH CHAINSAW "BLACK MAX" SPECIAL EDITION XI | eBay

This feller has got to be kidding me......

And I quote:
"OVER THE PAST SEVEN YEARS ONLY 10 "BLACK MAX" SPECIAL EDITIONS HAVE BEEN SELECTED AND ALL HAVE BEEN SOLD ON EBAY, THEY HAVE BEEN SENT ALL OVER THE WORLD, THE LAST ONE SOLD REMAINED IN THE UNITED STATES, THE ONE BEFORE IT WENT TO "BULGARIA"..... THIS IS SPECIAL EDITION XI.

"BLACK MAX" CHAINSAWS ARE HARD-TO-FIND, THEYARE SELECTED WHEN THEY SHOW EXCEPTIONAL POWER AND TORQUE IN THE "HARDCUT", THEY MUST START EASILY, BE A ONE-OWNER AND PASS A RIGID SAW TEST WHICH CONSISTS OF CUTTING THRU A HARDENED 30 INCH TEST LOG AT THE RATE OF ONE INCH PER SECOND. COMPRESSION GAUGES SHOW THAT A SAW HAS COMPRESSION, SAW TESTS DETERMINE WHAT A SAW CAN REALLY DO. I PREFER TO GAUGE MY SAWS BASED ON HOW THEY PERFORM.

THIS "BLACK MAX" HAS A 3.5 CID (58CC) ENGINE THAT DEVELOPS 3.75HP FASTER THAN WEEDS CAN GROW IN A FRESH PLOWED GARDEN, IT EASILY TURNS 10,000 RPMS WHILE TURNING 70 DRIVE LINKS ON A "SOLID/ARMOR BAR" MFG FOR MCCULLOCH CORP BY SANDVIK WHICH IS EQUIPPED WITH A WINDSOR POWER SPROCKET TIP. THE 20 INCH BAR IS USED BUT IN "EXCELLENT" CONDITION AND IS EQUIPPED WITH A NEW WINDSOR NON-SAFETY "FULL CHISEL" CHAIN. THERE ARE NO SAFETY BUMPERS ON THIS CHAIN SO PRIOR CHAINSAW EXPERIENCE IS RECOMMENDED. THIS IS A PRO-SERIES CHAINSAW EQUIPPED WITH ALL APPLICABLE FEATURES EXPECTED ON A PROFESSIONAL HI-PERFORMANCE SAW.

THE FOLLOWING NEW PARTS HAVE BEEN ADDED: AIR FILTER, FUEL FILTER, SPARK PLUG, BUCKING SPIKES, INSIDE BAR GUIDE (CYCLINDER JACKET), WINDSOR CHAIN, SPARK PLUG WIRE/LEAD, NEW BAR NUTS AND A NEW STARTER ROPE. THIS SAW HAS BEEN RE-PAINTED USING A BLACK SATIN "PARKERIZED" FINISH, ALL PARTS HAVE BEEN SANDED, THE CHAINBRAKE COVER WAS SANDBLASTED, PRIMERED AND RE-FINISHED.

THIS CHAINSAW IS OFFERED "AS USED AND AS IS" WITH "NO RETURNS OR REFUNDS" ALLOWED. AS ALWAYS MY CHAINSAWS HAVE BEEN COMPLETELY SERVICED AND DETAILED AND ARE "READY TO DO BUSINESS" WHEN THEY ARRIVE AT YOUR DOORSTEP, JUST ASK ANYONE THAT HAS EVER BOUGHT ONE FROM ME. A COPY OF THE 600 SERIES OWNER'S MANUAL WILL BE FURNISHED. PLEASE EMAIL ME WITH ANY QUESTIONS.

THANK YOU FOR LOOKING AT ANOTHER FINE QUALITY CHAINSAW FROM ... JOHNS CUSTOM SAWS.

NOTE: I WILL SHIP WORLDWIDE BUT ANYONE LIVING OUTSIDE THE CONTINENTAL UNITED STATES MUST EMAIL ME FOR A SHIPPING QUOTE BEFORE THEY BID.

DISCLAIMER: MCCULLOCH CORPORATION NEVER MFG A "BLACK MAX" MODEL, THIS IS A SPECIAL EDITION THAT WAS DESIGNED AS A "CUSTOM" MODEL BY JOHNS CUSTOM SAWS."

Wow......:hmm3grin2orange:

That is about an over embellished ad if ever I've heard one! WTF is a "Parkerized" finish, been in the paint and body business, custom cars and bikes, saws for over 35 years and can't say I've ever heard that one...
Brian and Tina

It is a firearm term

Parkerizing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Parkerizing (also called phosphating and phosphatizing) is a method of protecting a steel surface from corrosion and increasing its resistance to wear through the application of an electrochemical phosphate conversion coating. Parkerizing is usually considered to be an improved zinc or manganese phosphating process, and not to be an improved iron phosphating process, although some use the term parkerizing as a generic term for applying phosphating (or phosphatizing) coatings that does include the iron phosphating process.

Parkerizing is commonly used on firearms as a more effective alternative to bluing, which is another electrochemical conversion coating that was developed earlier.

The Parkerizing process cannot be used on non-ferrous metals such as aluminum, brass, or copper. It similarly cannot be applied to steels containing a large amount of nickel, or on stainless steel. Passivation can be used for protecting other metals.

I am going to spend all day tommorrow "Parkerizing" the finish on all my saws.......First I will google it to see how to do it!!
Rich:laugh::laugh:

See....
I was being a smart azz! He wants the general public to believe that he has magically utilized a process that doesn't have anything to do with paint, Parkerized as I know it just exactly as you described it Roanoaker. I didn't know it applied to guns, but I knew about it's usage on fittings and such. Even if he was mis-using the term does he expect us to believe that he uses an electrostatic process on magnesium? Maybe he used it on the plastic components as well...WOW! And ebay allows such BS to continue, that is the part that really floors me!!!
Brian and Tina

Ummmmm ... pardon me for interrupting and pointing out the (possibly) obvious ..... what if his first or last name is 'Parker?'

:hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange: :hmm3grin2orange:

(I'm outta smilies for today)

Latest posts

Back