I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mint 066 Chicago Craigslist

066-2.jpg

For sale. Classsic Stihl 066 chainsaw. Vintiage 1995. factory dual ported muffler, de comp valve. 36 " bar /chain. Saw is in excellent condition,collector quality. Best saw made
newer ms600's run and hide from this saw
$1200 firm

Stihl Chainsaw 066 MINT

Rare Vintage Sears Roper Chainsaw 20" Bar Beast LQQK | eBay

Someone has dropped the "rare bomb" again

"This Auction is for a Super Rare Strong Running Vintage Sears made by Roper Chainsaw. The Beefy Bar Length is 20". I Think it is around 60+cc but do not Quote me on that. This Baby Screams. Saw is Holding Good Compression at 150+. Features a Decompression Release and Chain Sharpener. This is a Heavy Duty Metal Saw built to last unlike the Plastic Junk they make these days."

Me thinks he is overselling the saw just a little..........

Holy Ebay/CL Saw Listing Buzz-Words Batman!!!

Rare Vintage Sears Roper Chainsaw 20" Bar Beast LQQK | eBay

Someone has dropped the "rare bomb" again

"This Auction is for a Super Rare Strong Running Vintage Sears made by Roper Chainsaw. The Beefy Bar Length is 20". I Think it is around 60+cc but do not Quote me on that. This Baby Screams. Saw is Holding Good Compression at 150+. Features a Decompression Release and Chain Sharpener. This is a Heavy Duty Metal Saw built to last unlike the Plastic Junk they make these days."

Me thinks he is overselling the saw just a little..........

Nice. They used "rare", "vintage", "beast", and "LQQk" (why the hell do people feel the need to put "Look" and "Wow!" in an ebay listing???) in their title line. They also describe it as "professional quality", and a "heavy metal saw". He described the bar as "beefy" and states the saw is "built to last unlike the Plastic Junk they make these days" too. All that is missing is "muscle saw"...:msp_rolleyes:

This Auction is for a Super Rare Strong Running Vintage Sears made by Roper Chainsaw. The Beefy Bar Length is 20". I Think it is around 60+cc but do not Quote me on that. This Baby Screams. Saw is Holding Good Compression at 150+. Features a Decompression Release and Chain Sharpener. This is a Heavy Duty Metal Saw built to last unlike the Plastic Junk they make these days.

Condition:

This Vintage Chainsaw is Pre-Owned. I Bought this Saw from an Estate. The Saw was not run in Appx 10 years. I put some fresh Mix gas in it and pulled it about ten times. It Finally Fired up and was Running Strong. The Carb Low and Idle needs to be Adjusted right but I think that is about all it needs. You may want to clean the carb. The pull Recoil also Squeaks some so you may want to oil the spring or bushing not sure. The Chain Feels sharp to me but I am not an Expert and I have not cut any wood with it. The Oiler is also working. The saw shows some typical signs of use over the years as shown in the Photos. Such as Scratches marks etc. This is A Great Saw for Residential Use or Professional Quality after a little TLC. I have not done anything to the Saw. I am No Expert on these by Any means. Sold "As Is" If I Over Estimate the Shipping Cost I Will Refund The Difference.

Last edited:
That is a nice saw, I could never afford shipping all the way out here. Pretty certain that it came orig with an 18" bar and that was an "upgrade" by the owner. That is identical to my 917.353770 Roper built Craftsman I just gutted down and reassembled. On the clutch cover, it is missing the "sharpening" attachment that I don't believe ever worked for anyone. They've removed that piece. I just realized I have no poser shots of it now all reassembled and running, will have to take some soon. That saw does seem a little overembellished by the seller, but it is a good saw. Someone should buy it and save me from myself.............

That is a nice saw, I could never afford shipping all the way out here. Pretty certain that it came orig with an 18" bar and that was an "upgrade" by the owner. That is identical to my 917.353770 Roper built Craftsman I just gutted down and reassembled. On the clutch cover, it is missing the "sharpening" attachment that I don't believe ever worked for anyone. They've removed that piece. I just realized I have no poser shots of it now all reassembled and running, will have to take some soon. That saw does seem a little overembellished by the seller, but it is a good saw. Someone should buy it and save me from myself.............

Okay, I recognize it may be lame to quote myself, but I didn't have an edit option. Honest. Here's a few comparison photos of my 917.353770 in my garage.

DSCN8036.jpg

DSCN8037.jpg

DSCN8038.jpg

DSCN8039.jpg

DSCN8043.jpg

Hope this is helpful to someone on the forum.

Does the phrase, "Damning with faint praise" mean anything to you???

Hell, I have one of those if someone is interested in it for CHEAP ;)

it's in VERY nice shape compared to THAT pile he's selling :)

I ALSO have a 605, and a 610 if someone wanted those ;)

Aaron, C'mon MAN.... you don't think a 610 would OUTCUT a 029/290??? Your crazy, man!! :jester: :bang:

Dammit Jay. You "J"'s (Jay and Johnnie) keep twisting my words. First Johnnie thinks I say they'e a bad saw (which I didn't)........then you think I said they wouldn't outcut an 029/290. I didn't say that either. Here's what I SAID, Mr poor reading skills...:jester:

...Never said they were bad saws (although I'm not a fan). Just laughed at them being called "rare", "vintage", and "muscle saws". They aren't any of those things. Weight of an 066. Performance just north of an 029...

"Just north of" means "slightly (or a bit) better than". I DID therefore say they perform better than (which'd mean outcut....ya jackwagon) the 029/290 saws....................................but not by much.:D

Dammit Jay. bla bla bla.....bla bla....bla bla bla bla...bla bla....bla .....bla bla bla....

"Just north of" means "slightly (or a bit) better than". I DID therefore say they perform better than (which'd mean outcut....ya jackwagon) the 029/290 saws....................................but not by much.:D

:jester: :poke:

yeah, yeah... are we talking PRE, or POST muffler mod??? anyone who runs a 029-390 saw WITHOUT modding the muffler has a SCREW loose... :bang: HUGE difference in performance and heat...

you got some 10-10/pm700 parts for me yet?? I must have SOMETHING I can trade ya... ;)

Looks a little weathered, but that's still a good deal for a CP70. Don't see those much in my area.

:jester: :poke:

yeah, yeah... are we talking PRE, or POST muffler mod??? anyone who runs a 029-390 saw WITHOUT modding the muffler has a SCREW loose... :bang: HUGE difference in performance and heat...

you got some 10-10/pm700 parts for me yet?? I must have SOMETHING I can trade ya... ;)

Does it really matter? We're wasting a lot of time on some mediocre (but not bad...LOL) saws...:ices_rofl:

Sorry Jay. Right now I've got absolutely ZILCH for X-10 series spares. No parts saws at all. Actually makes me a bit nervous, as I've got three runners from that series (PM700, 10-10A, SP-81) with zero spares. I've had to go begging for parts already. There are MANY guys here with X-10 series parts saws. Somebody should be able to help you.

I may be willing to trade off my complete, running 10-10A for the right saw. It's too nice to be a parts saw though...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back