I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh yeah, better than 2 115s.

That dude is 118cc, Dolmar CT, If I were closer, it would be snagged

Craigslist Scams

Here is a heads up when dealing with Craigslist. Seems to be a lot of scams now. Haven't seen any yet on chainsaws, but they are rampent on ATV's. Just about any listing that has email only contact, and priced below market price is a scam. Here is a response I received from a scam I enquired about a Polaris Ranger. If you can't see it, it probably doesn't exist.

Hello,

My name is Jessica Mackenzie and I'm so glad to see your interest in purchasing my 2006 Polaris RANGER 700 TWIN XP EFI 4X4. What I can tell you in a few words is that I am an individual seller, I am not a dealer and this is my first action of this kind on the Internet. NO RUST, NO BODY DAMAGE!! ONLY ADULT DRIVEN!!!.HAS 126 miles with ONLY 138 HOURS. It is a 'LIMITED EDITION" with a Beautiful METALLIC CANDY APPLE RED Paint Job even the DASH & it has "SPECIAL EDITION" 2 Toned Seats!!! FULL ENCLOSED CAB WITH REMOVABLE DOORS & TILT-OUT OR FLIP WINDSHIELD, REAR GLASS SLIDING WINDOW, Zip Open Windows or you can Remove half of the Doors, 3" LIFT KIT, 30" ITP MUDLITES, 14" ITP ALUMINUM RIMS, 2" Foreward A-Arms, Heavy Duty A-Arm Guards, FULL BODY SKID PLATE, Diamond Plate Tool Box & Front & Rear Fenders, Electric Horn, 14" Hayes Fan Installed under the seat with a Switch to COOL the Motor, 4 Stroke, On Demand 4 Wheel Drive, Reverse. Bought it when i was serving in U.S. Army base near Salt Lake City, Utah and now I am deployed in Roma, Italy. The utv will be delivered from Salt Lake City, UT, US.
Since the utv is in a military base, with no access you can not go there and take it( I thought you might want to see it there, so I've asked them to allow viewers to inspect the utv but their reply was: "We are not a showroom!" and they are right ), only the Logistic Department can deliver it, because the utv is in their custody. Shipping may take anywhere between 2 to 4 business days depending on the destination without any shipping tax, the shipping is induced in price.
I have dropped my price to $2,200 (purchase price) since this is an Urgent Sale! and I need to sell it before November 29th when I will be deployed in Iraq with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your Complete Name and Shipping Address to open a case with Google Checkout they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.
The financial part will be managed by them, which means that you will have a 10 days inspection period before committing to buy the utv. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

Hope to hear from you soon,
Sgt. Medical Nurse
Jessica Mackenzie

PS: for more pictures of the utv click here or copy the link in internet explorer: Pictures by 06polarisranger700 - Photobucket
Pictures speak for them self...

I had a similar experience a couple of years ago when I was selling a commercial-quality scroll saw.

The buyer really wanted it .... military base ..... will pay a premium price ... will pay expedited shipping ..... blah blah blah

Then it got interesting. They actually paid for a UPS Overnight envelope to send me a cashier's check drawn on a US bank in Texas. I'd worked in the financial sector for 25+ years at that point and was immediately suspicious; but the check looked legit!

I took it to work the next day and had a friend check it out for me. The conclusion: The check was indeed very real, but it was stolen! It was one of about 30 that had been stolen from a small Texas bank over a period of 6 years .... ever since then, all my CL dealings are ca$h only.

Latest posts

Back