I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I was trying to buy this saw,
But i guess it's all blown to crap now.

Thanks

Lee

That has a tendancy to happen with this thread Lee. Did you get that PoulMar 6000 from my neck of the woods? I haven't even called the guy. Don't wanna waste my time or his since the $$$ just ain't there right now.. I can help you get it if you're interested. Like I said before.....................it's only about 15-20 minutes from me....

That has a tendancy to happen with this thread Lee. Did you get that PoulMar 6000 from my neck of the woods? I haven't even called the guy. Don't wanna waste my time or his since the $$$ just ain't there right now.. I can help you get it if you're interested. Like I said before.....................it's only about 15-20 minutes from me....

Thanks for the offer.
But no reply from the seller yet.
Might be away for the Holiday weekend
or he could have sold it and is being
ignorant and not returning emails.
Ya never know.

Lee

Poulan 4200 - $75 - Craigslist ( Herman,NE )

5V65W55S03n83ma3odbbrc418e0b620ca1aa2.jpg
5V25Y65Q63kb3md3l0bbr98b419ea2dc5130e.jpg

Poulan Chainsaw

This thread bit me a couple times as well, but it's gotten me many a good saw.

It's bit me a couple of times, and almost got me a few good saws. I saw listings here that I would have otherwise missed.................but still didn't see 'em quite as fast as somebody else. I never would have even know they were up for sale without this thread.........so I can't blame it for missing them. A couple nice saws have been bought out of my local CL area (for peanuts) before I could get them though. I've also had local negotiations poisoned by far away knuckleheads putting dreams of big $$$ into the heads of local CL sellers over the phone. Some guys here need to learn how to play poker.......or at least keep their yaps shut. The guilty parties aren't anybody who's posted here today BTW. I'm not going to name names though (no point). No point....

Then there's my McCulloch 650 and 200 that I bought as a pair from a local CL seller. Somebody here posted the link to the CL ad as I was driving to the seller's house (I saw the timestamp on his post late than night when I got back to the thread). Good thing I just happened to check my local CL in the morning before heading to work or I would have missed the listing. He posted the listing about 15 minutes before I saw it! Somebody else was calling the guy about the saw, as his phone rang almost nonstop as we were talking in his driveway. I'd already bought the saws at that point though. I heard him tell two people that the saws had sold already before he turned the ringer off....:D

It's bit me a couple of times, and almost got me a few good saws. I saw listings here that I would have otherwise missed.................but still didn't see 'em quite as fast as somebody else. I never would have even know they were up for sale without this thread.........so I can't blame it for missing them. A couple nice saws have been bought out of my local CL area (for peanuts) before I could get them though. I've also had local negotiations poisoned by far away knuckleheads putting dreams of big $$$ into the heads of local CL sellers over the phone. Some guys here need to learn how to play poker.......or at least keep their yaps shut. The guilty parties aren't anybody who's posted here today BTW. I'm not going to name names though (no point). No point....

That actually just happened to me recently. A guy advertised a "big, old saw with trencher blade" which I found amusing. He was asking $50. So I showed up and as I suspected, it was a Hornet DJ 3600 in pretty good shape that even turned over. Well, by the time I showed up, the price had gone from $50 to $300 because apparently someone in Illinois had offered him $300 to ship the saw. He wasn't interested in shipping but now greed had taken over. This happened in early October and that saw is still sitting in the guy's yard because some idiot put dollar signs in the guy's head. He even called me a couple days later and offered it to me for $225. I basically told him I wouldn't buy it for any price now because he pulled the old switcheroo on me.

31.5 lbs. I guess you use it only 'occasionally' because you're at the chiropracter the rest of the time.:msp_biggrin:

R.O.F.L.

'Occasional user saw', maybe the very first homeowner saw made.

Titan Sportsman antique chainsaw engine

50 USD seems steep for something you may never find parts for.

Maryville is 45 mi. north of St. Joe on hwy 71. Halfway puts it around Pumpkin Center (No joke, Pumpkin Center exists!).

Latest posts

Back