I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep. Those boots fail quite often. Sometimes it's just age...............and often it's helped along by clapped out AV buffers. New boots and AV buffers are available on feebay and elsewhere. The boots on the 350/360 (and 330) Homelites are somewhat tricky to change as you stated...

Echo Twin

Here ya go... About 25 minutes away.

echo 610evl chainsaw

echo 610evl chainsaw - $500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Date: 2011-11-28, 11:09PM EST
Reply to: [email protected] [Errors when replying to ads?]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have for sale a collectable echo 610evl chainsaw. I recently purchased it from an estate sale and don't need another saw. This 2 cylinder saw starts easily and runs good and is in very nice condition. Check out what these sell for on ebay. These were discontinued sometime in the 80's.

echo 610evl chainsaw

I have for sale a collectable echo 610evl chainsaw. I recently purchased it from an estate sale and don't need another saw. This 2 cylinder saw starts easily and runs good and is in very nice condition. Check out what these sell for on ebay. These were discontinued sometime in the 80's.

Nice saw. I don't know why he doesn't sell it on Ebay. Some of the saw sales have been crazy money lately. I have to admit ignorance on what the sellers cost of Ebay/PayPal is though.

echo 610evl chainsaw

The big bite from eBay is 9% of final sale price PLUS 9% of shipping charges. Then you throw in all the nickel & dime charges and it adds up to quite a bit of money. That saw would have to sell for about $575 on eBay (incl shipping) to equal $500 out of his back yard.

The big bite from eBay is 9% of final sale price PLUS 9% of shipping charges. Then you throw in all the nickel & dime charges and it adds up to quite a bit of money. That saw would have to sell for about $575 on eBay (incl shipping) to equal $500 out of his back yard.

Ouch!!

Ebay is driving away a lot of busineses.

They are living and breeding among us ....

Gas powered circular saw. 3.5 amp. .......................W.T.H.?????

Craftman Circular 7/12 inch Gas Powered Saw | eBay

I guess if you used a portable generator you can claim it as gas powered.

So I send the seller a message requesting that pictures of the engine be posted to their eBay auction ..... here is their exact response:

"This item is in original box and engine is incased. Cant see it. It has instructions in box and guide to circular saw 27679. Andy was the one and only user of this item and used it sparingly 8 years ago and it has been in storage unit untouched ever since. This is an electric saw. Call Andy for more details. 561-613-1502. We dont have a yard anymore so we just want to get rid of all this yard equipment."

Makes me wonder if these sellers have ever been photographed at Wal-Mart ....

That's a bonus

So I send the seller a message requesting that pictures of the engine be posted to their eBay auction ..... here is their exact response:

"This item is in original box and engine is incased. Cant see it. It has instructions in box and guide to circular saw 27679. Andy was the one and only user of this item and used it sparingly 8 years ago and it has been in storage unit untouched ever since. This is an electric saw. Call Andy for more details. 561-613-1502. We dont have a yard anymore so we just want to get rid of all this yard equipment."

Makes me wonder if these sellers have ever been photographed at Wal-Mart ....

Well, it does have 2 1/2 Inch HP. Now that's special.

This bar caught my eye. According to the seller's description it fits a variety of uncommon saws.

OLD VINTAGE OREGON CHAIN SAW BAR # 33340 21" | eBay

Yep. A few of us have roller nose and/or hardnose bars with that mount. I have a 30" Duo-Tronic hardnose that came to me with my Homelite XP1130. I have a Mono/Wards WD60 with a 25" RN that I suspect has the same "universal" mount. I need to pull it off the saw to be sure.

Ebay Listing Fee?

Anyone know how much Ebay charges for listing an item that does not sell? I follow Buck Knives on Ebay and most everything is listed as "BIN Only" and very few ever sell.

Anyone know how much Ebay charges for listing an item that does not sell? I follow Buck Knives on Ebay and most everything is listed as "BIN Only" and very few ever sell.

IIRC, you pay your 'insertion fee' (does that sound suggestive or what? (But may be HIGHLY appropriate ... LOL)) and all your 'extras' associated with the original listing.

If you RELIST an unsold item and it sells, eBay will refund your fees associated with the relist action and only charge the final value fees.

Hope this helps ..

Those "BIN" items are likely from sellers that subscribe to an Ebay store......You pay a monthly fee to list as many items as you want for 20 cents each for a 30 day listing.....If your item doesn't sell it automatically relists and you pay another 20 cents......If your item does sell, you pay a slightly higher selling fee than that of an "auction" type sale.

Back