I saw it on Ebay/Craigslist

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Somebody put a new 10-series bar and chain on that old large frame Mac. May have chain rivet damage to the clutch cover and/or the bar pad portion of the fuel tank if they didn't use the 'slimline' bar spacers intended to allow a person to use a 'slimline' or 10-series bar on these saws...

XL (or SXL) 923, 924, or 925 by the looks of it. Full wrap handlebar. with the two B/C's that's a good deal so long as the P/C are in good shape. Looks like somebody's been cutting railroad ties with that saw. Lots of black gunk. If the P/C are shot, it's still not too bad of a deal with those bars...

Once again we can see that AS posts influence ebay listings. Guys here have been talking up 10-10 Macs lately, and suddenly there's a poopload of 'em listed on feebay for higher starting bids than previous listings. In particular, the 10-10S models have been talked up quite a bit here.......................and that has motivated this seller to falsely list his 10-10A saw as a 10-10S. I contacted the seller. We'll see whether he fixes his listing or ignores me and leaves it as-is....

McCULLOCH PRO MAC 10-10S 20" CHAIN SAW | eBay

Then there's this yahoo...

Vintage Mcculloch Pro Mac Super Pro 55 55a Chain Saw ChainSaw Has Compression | eBay

In his description, he asks for someone to tell him what saw he has, so he can correct his listing and 'price the saw accordingly'. He's relisted it a few times with "pro mac super pro chainsaw" as the title. I contacted the seller and told him that his saw is NOT a pro mac or super pro model, but rather a Super 55 or Super 55A. He relisted twice more without chainging his listing. I see that he just now relisted with "Super 55 Super 55A" in the title......................but still has the "pro mac super pro" language in his title and description (and still states "I believe it to be a superpro of some sort"). People will cling to the things they believe..................even when faced with the truth I guess. Either that or he thinks he'll get more bids with "pro mac super pro" wording....:laugh:

Last edited:
Vintage Mcculloch Pro Mac Super Pro 55 55a Chain Saw ChainSaw Has Compression | eBay

In his description, he asks for someone to tell him what saw he has, so he can correct his listing and 'price the saw accordingly'. He's relisted it a few times with "pro mac super pro chainsaw" as the title. I contacted the seller and told him that his saw is NOT a pro mac or super pro model, but rather a Super 55 or Super 55A. He relisted twice more without chainging his listing. I see that he just now relisted with "Super 55 Super 55A" in the title......................but still has the "pro mac super pro" language in his title and description (and still states "I believe it to be a superpro of some sort"). People will cling to the things they believe..................even when faced with the truth I guess. Either that or he thinks he'll get more bids with "pro mac super pro" wording....:laugh:

Is it just me or is that saw priced quite a bit higher than it should be?

This ad has been up for a while, chainsaw & log splitter. Maybe the log splitter would be worth the drive to someone here in Texas???

lots of stuff for sale

"...sthil 038 magnum 20 in chain saw 200.00 firm

also have 35 ton log splitter vert and horizontal 750.00 no room for picks log splitter has 15 in tires and 2 in tow ball hitch really heavy duty wont find another like it i garentee it has new dentent valve and 11 hp briggs firm 750.00..."

Latest posts

Back