Jonsered Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just recently got into Jonsereds/Jonsered. Picked up a nice 630 Super, a nice 49SP, and an OK 830. I notice almost all the Jonny's I see pictures of, they all have half wrap handles. I would really like to pick up a full wrap for the 830 if they exists? Never have seen them on ebay. Is it because of where they were mostly sold? Just curious.

Just recently got into Jonsereds/Jonsered. Picked up a nice 630 Super, a nice 49SP, and an OK 830. I notice almost all the Jonny's I see pictures of, they all have half wrap handles. I would really like to pick up a full wrap for the 830 if they exists? Never have seen them on ebay. Is it because of where they were mostly sold? Just curious.

We wouldn't use a saw in the woods without a full wrap....I have one on the 80. Specifically for the 830, I don't know. Very Jonsereds knowledgeable people here though.

Kevin

Got some children that need some lovin'...........

363.jpg

Where is the best place to get the parts I need for these?

Scott B

Tell me more about the 111Super. From the pic and specs I found, it looks like it had no A/V at all in the handle bar assembly. I like the size of it though....does it share any parts with the 80/90's? I was wondering if the A/V system from the 80/90 could be adapted.:msp_confused:

Kevin

The 111S did have av. It was not designed at all like any of the other Jreds of the era. The av set up is more like the way the Huskys are, with the oil and fuel tanks being seperate from the motor case and the av mounts between. The lower section contained both tanks and the trigger handle. This pretty much solved the problem of boiling fuel and the vaporloc you mentioned. These were all mag saws like the others. It shares very few parts with the others, mostly ign parts like points etc. It is and was the largest modern Jonsereds ever produced. And Yes I do want one!!!! At least one!!!

363.jpg

If you don't have a dealer close, I'd contact site sponsor Spike60. Bob a is a Jonsered and Husky dealer and very much a saw enthusiast. He can probably get you what you need and he's a good guy to deal with.

Congrats on the saws...all good ones!!! Can't be of any help on a full wrap. It looks like you are in a way better area to look for one than me. Sorry.

I passed out one extra I had, they exist - same part as 820,920,930. One on Ebay for $55, been there for six months or more. Work swap meet here.

Last edited:
The 111S did have av. It was not designed at all like any of the other Jreds of the era. The av set up is more like the way the Huskys are, with the oil and fuel tanks being seperate from the motor case and the av mounts between. The lower section contained both tanks and the trigger handle. This pretty much solved the problem of boiling fuel and the vaporloc you mentioned. These were all mag saws like the others. It shares very few parts with the others, mostly ign parts like points etc. It is and was the largest modern Jonsereds ever produced. And Yes I do want one!!!! At least one!!!

Wow....now I'm really interested.:msp_wink: I can see from the small pic that there is A/V in the tank/handle at least. I've never been a big fan of the A/V in the handle....only because it takes such abuse, not because it doesn't work. Every time I jerk the saw off the ground, I cringe at what those rubber joints take.

Was this particular saw a collaboration with a company outside Jonsereds?

Kevin

Tell me more about the 111Super. From the pic and specs I found, it looks like it had no A/V at all in the handle bar assembly. I like the size of it though....does it share any parts with the 80/90's? I was wondering if the A/V system from the 80/90 could be adapted.:msp_confused:

Kevin

It has AV. I dont think any parts interchange. Or at least any of the main parts.

When I first got my 111S I didn't know what to expect as the largest saw I ran before it is my 2171. Other than the saw weighing 30 lbs ready to run with a 28" bar it's amazingly easy to handle. The av is very effective and the saw still has I nice solid feel to it. As mentioned the oil tank/gas tank/handles are one assembly with the entire engine/recoil/bar assembly mounted to it with rubber mounts. A couple weeks ago I "split" or noodled about 1.5 cords of oak rounds with it rather than splitting them by hand and went through three fuel/oil fillups-nonstop, without any vibration issues.

It's also kind of cool to start with the manually operated decompression valve. Just keep a firm grip on the recoil handle because if she wants to she'll tear your fingers off...

When I first got my 111S I didn't know what to expect as the largest saw I ran before it is my 2171. Other than the saw weighing 30 lbs ready to run with a 28" bar it's amazingly easy to handle. The av is very effective and the saw still has I nice solid feel to it. As mentioned the oil tank/gas tank/handles are one assembly with the entire engine/recoil/bar assembly mounted to it with rubber mounts. A couple weeks ago I "split" or noodled about 1.5 cords of oak rounds with it rather than splitting them by hand and went through three fuel/oil fillups-nonstop, without any vibration issues.

It's also kind of cool to start with the manually operated decompression valve. Just keep a firm grip on the recoil handle because if she wants to she'll tear your fingers off...

Errr...did you mean 2071? Never mind....found a 2171.

Kevin

Last edited:
Wow....now I'm really interested.:msp_wink: I can see from the small pic that there is A/V in the tank/handle at least. I've never been a big fan of the A/V in the handle....only because it takes such abuse, not because it doesn't work. Every time I jerk the saw off the ground, I cringe at what those rubber joints take.

Was this particular saw a collaboration with a company outside Jonsereds?

Kevin

As far as I know this was a true Jonsereds and produced before the sell off/takeover.

Would an 80 and 90 share the same crank, connecting rod and bearings?

Kevin

Yes the 80, 801, and 90 all have the same cases and lower ends. The old Jonsereds company was a master at utilizing the same parts from production on many different models and sizes of saws. An example that comes readilly to mind is the entire trigger handle on your 80, will fit the 49sp, 50, 51,52/52E, 80 and 90. no matter if you use the metal lower or the plastic one and the upper trigger part will also fit the 66E and 70E but on those the lower plastic part from the 66E and 70E must be used. The only thing you have to change is the actual throttle linkage from the trigger to the carb from the 49-52 series to the larger series. The rear handle AV rubbers will also fit but I believe the larger saws use a firmer/harder/stronger bumper mount than the smaller saws. but they all will work and fit to get you by.

But getting back to the 80/90...the only differences in these saws are the P&C, and the top cover and air filtration with the 801 and 90 being the more advanced filter set up, and the stickers.

363.jpg

If you don't have a dealer close, I'd contact site sponsor Spike60. Bob a is a Jonsered and Husky dealer and very much a saw enthusiast. He can probably get you what you need and he's a good guy to deal with.

Thanks for the reply. With yesterday being Sunday(duh) I couldn't get the local guys to answer the phone. I'll give the fella 22 miles away(think he's only repairing, not a 'dealer') a shout.....if that doesn't work, I'll shoot a PM to Spike60!!

Scott B

But getting back to the 80/90...the only differences in these saws are the P&C, and the top cover and air filtration with the 801 and 90 being the more advanced filter set up, and the stickers.

I believe the starter cover also is different on the 80...:confused2:

Latest posts

Back