McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had some time to do some little things as I clean out the shop and get ready for a sell off. Last couple of nights have been spent giving the Super 797 and the 795 a mullet!

Business in the front,
attachment.php

Party in the rear.
attachment.php

Still need to polish them better, but I ran out of polishing compound.

Some sweet looking saws!!

mac 250...

i got a clutch cover fro my mac 250, (thanks chris), and would like to put a bucking dog on it,,, can anyone send me a tracing of an original 250 dog? i'm sure i could cut one out, if i had the right profile...
thanks
john

Deprime - Check with Bob Johnson (607 638 9297) for the oiler parts

KB - those spikes are available one-bay all the time, cheapchainsaw parts sells them for around $14. If you are serious about making your own PM me with an e-mail address and I can send you patterns for 4 tooth, 5 tooth, and an odd ball old fashion 4 tooth spike.

Mark

To TM - I think CPR meant to say NOT particularly valuable due to the number of machines produced.

The grunt factor however is true indeed. I recommend you pick it up cheap and bring it to the GTG in November. Maybe my brother will bring his NIB unit along for comparison.

There are a number of attachments for the 33/35 model saws like brush cutters, drills, ice and earth augers, etc. I have the "dynamite" drill with about a 2" auger bit for drilling stumps for blasting.

Mark

Do you know if the 33/35 gearboxes are interchangeable? I have a 35 that had the front of the casting broken off at the bar bolt. Bob Johnson has a NOS 33 gearbox but it is listed as a different part number in his catalogs.

I can't say for a fact that they will exchange as I have only 35's to compare, but I think the only difference was in the oiler set up. Some had drilled ports so the oil came out in the bar groove the way we find on most modern saws, older versions had an external spout that just shot the oil on the chain.

If anything, I would expect the 33 casting to be set up for the external oil delivery system but again, I can't say for sure.

I am sure that I have a spare housing for a 35 gear case and may have the whole assembly, if you're interested I can be very reasonable.

Mark

Gosh Mark, since you are in such a favorable mood, do you have spare airbox covers of the 1-70/80 type? I need two.

Eccentric, put together a parts list, I'll dig around and see what I have. I know there is a good recoil screen and a driveside cover.

I can't say for a fact that they will exchange as I have only 35's to compare, but I think the only difference was in the oiler set up. Some had drilled ports so the oil came out in the bar groove the way we find on most modern saws, older versions had an external spout that just shot the oil on the chain.

If anything, I would expect the 33 casting to be set up for the external oil delivery system but again, I can't say for sure.

I am sure that I have a spare housing for a 35 gear case and may have the whole assembly, if you're interested I can be very reasonable.

Mark

Sure, let me know what you want for it.

Thanks

Gosh Mark, since you are in such a favorable mood, do you have spare airbox covers of the 1-70/80 type? I need two.

Eccentric, put together a parts list, I'll dig around and see what I have. I know there is a good recoil screen and a driveside cover.

Here's what I can think of for now...

1)250-style recoil screen.

2)250-style clutch cover with bar adjuster.

3)Lower handle/chassis bracket for your 790. Yours is broken up pretty good. Think you mentioned having a 125 bracket to possibly trade with another MacHead for a 700-series bracket...

4)700-series front handle bar and upper bracket. Mine are useable but pretty bashed/bent up. Not really a priority until I attempt to make this saw 'pretty'...:D

5)Both saws need 'real' bars........watching feebay...:ices_rofl:

We both need airbox oiler/primer rod grommets (two for each saw) as ours are wasted. Maybe Bob Johnson has some. Gotta call him about those, and a few other things. My wallet is shaking already...

Gonna need new tank top, tank, and reed plate gaskets for both saws once I get into them more. Mine has a lot of crankshaft endlplay, so I'll be getting farther into it to check that issue. For that I will need stuffer, oil tank, and bearing retainer gaskets. I might as well scare up all the gastkets for both saws while I'm at it. Both gas caps need new check valves, the current ones be melted. Might as well do the crank seals while I'm in there. Hope Bob (or somebody) has all those gaskets and rubber bits. Haven't tried out your flatback to see if all is well yet...

Last edited:
Can anyone verify which fuel line gets the filter on a 2014 E.B. 2.0? I know it's the one that goes to the carb (not the primer) but I am wondering if it's the top or the bottom line...

Thank You

I know you're not goofy, but the filter is in the tank. That line goes to the primer, primer to diaphragm side, and other side is the return to tank. Make sense?

I know you're not goofy, but the filter is in the tank. That line goes to the primer, primer to diaphragm side, and other side is the return to tank. Make sense?

Maybe I am goofy! I guess I thought the primer pulled from the tank but you are saying it pulls through the carb from the tank. I was just wondering if the top or the bottom line in the tank gets the filter but I guess if the one is a return it would make sense for it to be shorter and the top one, let the long one with the filter move better underneath it.

Thanks for the correction :cheers:

Yes you are goofy. Fuel from the tank goes through the primer first, then carb, if not used is returned to tank. Got it? Fix it! Good.

Yes you are goofy. Fuel from the tank goes through the primer first, then carb, if not used is returned to tank. Got it? Fix it! Good.

I am looking at the old fuel lines (yes I kept them). The filtered line goes to a larger brass fitting on the carb on the side opposite the carb from the needles. On the needle side is a small brass fitting that went to the primer and then a short line from the primer into the tank with no filter on it.

Could it be that the Primer is on the return side of the loop? :deadhorse:

Not on the ones that leave the shop. Not on the ones that come in either. I guess I will refer you to the IPL, and I don't have one of dem handy. My experience is the primer pushes fuel, not pulls it. If it runs for you, or I'm wrong, which wouldn't be the first time, let me know.

Back