McCulloch Chain Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well... Just put a Save A Thread in the 795 L... Hadn't read that one needed HT RTV for that application, but that's what the instructions with the kit said... So it was off to the parts place...

Everything went in nicely, apart from pretty much standing on my head to do the tapping so the chips would fall out... Gravity is your friend at times.... Followed by a vacuum to get anything gravity didn't, and the install... Now I have to wait 24 hours for the RTV to set completely before I can try it... Will be out of town tomorrow moving an old backhoe to the repair place, so no testing until the weekend at least... Will say a prayer, and sacrifice a chicken later in hopes this works well.

-Tim

Chook, chuk, chuck...is what those fellows down under call chickens so I reckon a trip to KFC should suffice.

Ray, what you can't quite see in the photo is my splitter. I could not unhooked it before unloading the tail gate at least and had to split up several large chunks of oak to clear some space before I could start unloading the truck.

Mark

On the subject of new/newer mustangs/camaros, etc.; I take the chevy in my sig around to car shows for fun. Had it for almost 8 years now and put a lot (or what seems like a lot of it) of time and money into it. It's now 22 years old, I can put collector plates on it, has lots of new sheet metal (don't drive it in the winter anymore) and a few small bolt-on speed parts. It's not 100% perfect, I can give you a list a mile wrong of what I think is wrong with it. It's been driven down gravel roads and though a cow yard, hauled firewood, hay, a deer, etc. But the thing that gets me irked at shows is people say its "too new" for shows or "whats this POS doing here?" then go and oogle the "awesome" bone-stock 2012 mustang/camaro, etc. that was just bought last week and doesn't get brought outside if there's a single cloud in the sky. And usually gets brought to the show in an enclosed trailer because heaven forbid a single bug hits the paint or windsheild, it gets rained on, a bird poops on it, or the sill plate gets one little scuff on it. A vehicle is ment to be driven and have fun with, not sit in a climate-controled garage and be worshiped. It's more fun building a vehicle to take to shows than just rolling in to the dealership and plunking down $40-60K+ on a car and take it to shows. Getting a trophy is nice, but it's just one more thing to find a spot for or trip over and I've gotten 15 of them with my truck so far. If I don't get one I don't get all bent out of shape and pout, I just say "Oh well, maybe next year." And I've met a lot of nice people at shows and made many new friends as well, one of whom said "Put your heart and soul in to your vehicle, but don't let it ruin you." Just my .02.

Now about McCullochs; a local farm hosted a "harvest fest" with old equipment demonstrations this past weekend. They have a sawmill they power with a belt drive off a tractor. So I took the 2-man Mall and a few other saws over for display by the sawmill and helped them when they ran the mill. At the end of the last day I thought I'd fire up the Super 250 and do a few cuts with it before loading up the truck. Now I assumed there was 1/2 a tank of gas in it and didn't bother to check it. So I get 'er started and go to revver up. Bogs, stalls and dies. I repeated this several times before thinking "its a carb issue, I'll look at it at home" and put it and the rest of my saws in the truck and go home after bs-ing with a few people. Next day I go to check on the "carb issue" and it turns out the gas tank was almost dry, but for a little splash of fuel at the bottom that the fuel line barely touched. Whoops.

Last edited:
Is this a car thread or somethin' ?

McBob.

I second the motion, and now on to the agenda...

I would absolutely love to see the porting differences inside the cylinders of a SP125c and a 797.

Anybody that could make that happen would establish themselves as the boss of Mcculloch collecting!

Search is your friend. Ozflea's website will give you the 101b map, brian13 did the 797, and I'm sure the 125c is here somewhere. Trouble is, Mac used at least 4, or maybe 5, blocks for the saws; bp 797, bp S797, non-bp S797, CP125, bp SP125, and bp chrome bore 125c. The 101s had had 6 different models on at least 2 different blocks. You'll find it.

Mark is the boss.

Picked up at Pro Mac 10-10 the other day. When I rev the engine up to max throttle the chain takes a while to spin and then barely does. Haven't had a chance to really look at it much yet, but the saw is really clean. Will post a pic up later tonight.

Any quick suggestions on where to start diagnosing? I don't believe the chain brake is the problem.

Thanks.

Picked up at Pro Mac 10-10 the other day. When I rev the engine up to max throttle the chain takes a while to spin and then barely does. Haven't had a chance to really look at it much yet, but the saw is really clean. Will post a pic up later tonight.

Any quick suggestions on where to start diagnosing? I don't believe the chain brake is the problem.

Thanks.

Clutch might be going out from former owner leaving chain brake on.

Here is all I have to help.

attachment.php

You can use this pic, just have the super 2-10 automatic replaced with Mac 2-10 G.

attachment.php

Here is another one you could use.

attachment.php

search question......

I can't seem to get the search to work .I need an ipl and service manual for a pro mac 60. Can't find any info on this saw. thanks guys.:bowdown::bowdown:

101 b

Test after replacing crank +bearings and resealed.
Runs,cuts and idles great!

Thanks for Interest
E.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back