Pioneer chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys, for $20 I rescued what is supposed to be a 650 from the bone yard this week, only thing missing is the clutch guard or what ever was used to clamp the bar to the saw and adjust the chain tension. I don't really intend on keeping/fixing this one as I have plenty of other saws to mess with so...if someone is in need of a 650 for parts or for a project let me know and we can certainly work something out.

I will post up some photo's when I get a chance.

Mark

I've been looking for one of those and a winter project. P.M.sent

Here are a few photo's, got the PM kev1n. According to Retired Redneck, saw has no spark. Compression seems to be O.K.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Let me know if you are interested.

Mark

Hey Mark
It looks like a great project, I'm going to have to pass on it though.
Thanks Kevin

My P-41 is a model S H.

S is the chainbrake, what does the H stand for?

I could be wrong but I think the H is for the standard half handle and a F would be a full wrap handle??

Cool. I've never seen an F in the model number either. Thanks for the info.

Hey guys, can I post a pic of my PM 340 here.
I heard that Power Machinery is a forefunner of Pioneer but I could be wrong.

Al.

Thanks for the invite. I do not know much about the PM's but I like the look of them. I have five 270's and even a Pioneer 650 but despite looking hard, there are not many old Pioneers around here.

This 340 is hardly used and has sat for the past 25 years. There was no spark they said but after looking everywhere for a short, I noticed that the return spring for the throttle had been installed backwards and was resting on the wire of the stop switch, effectively shorting it out.

The top cover and muffler are off a parts saw but otherwise it is virtually intact. The transfers have three holes drilled through whereas the Skill branded ones were somewhat detuned by only having two holes. It is a quite a snotty little saw and has excellent throttle response.

Even though it came with the original bar I put this period GB bar on from the parts saw. Interestingly, I got the saw only a few miles from Sunshine, the suburb of Melbourne where GB started out.
Racy lines make this saw a classic in my eyes.

P1010930-1.jpg

P1010933-1.jpg

P1010934-1.jpg

P1010939-1.jpg

P1010929.jpg

Al.

Hi guys, good you see you all still on here. I dug out some parts today and have decided to build a new P42 from some NOS parts. I'm looking for a piston and a crankcase gasket. I think I have everything else.

To the other guy from Calgary, I sent you a PM.

Cheers fellas.

Back